“If you know steaks, don't come here.” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Churchill's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 769 Restaurants in Spokane
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 1st Avenue
chicago
“If you know steaks, don't come here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

As a person who has eaten plenty of steak, I can say that the steak at Churchill's was very disappointing. First off, it was overcooked for a medium rare steak, to the point the meat felt gritty (from being overcooked). Second, it tasted nothing like a dry aged steak should (rich intense flavor). Service was subpar, ok, but they forgot to get me a steak knife so I waited while the steak continued to cook on my plate. Eventually they did bring a steak knife.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Washington
“Over hyped”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I made dinner reservations based on a service and was very disappointed as it certainly did not live up to the hype. The restaurant is somewhat small and cramped on the main level.

The wind list was sufficient but not overly impressive for a "Steak House" of higher standards. And I might add I thought a bid overly priced on wines that I usually order.

The service was excellent, the food so so. We ordered a capriccio to share a the table. It came out with one slice of meat, fatty and not overly flavorful.

Main courses were steaks and one cab cake which the waiter claimed were "real" Chesapeake Bay " style crab cakes with blue fin meat. As someone that grew up on the "Bay" these were no where near what I would describe as Chesapeake style. They even were lacking of Old Bay Seasoning, which is a staple.

Shame.

Visited May 2013
Marysville, WA United States
“great steak, everything else below average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

was there Friday 4/19...the steak was one of the best I have ever had. Asparagas was mush and just not good, creamed spinach was terrible, crem brulee was ok..service was lousy, she had no personality and never stopped by to check on us.... we found a long hair in the bread and she said nothing, no apology , nothing..we spent almost 500 dollars and I would expect better. I am from out of town and and the steak house didnt compare to Seattles Metropolitan ...

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Ronan, Montana
“There is a reason for it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

There is a reason why Churchill's Restaurant gets a 5 out of 5 rating! Look at the reviews.

The place is classy. The service is impeccable. The food is amazing! I have eaten at restaurants across the country and can tell you that you can pit Churchill's against the finest steakhouses in
New York, Chicago, Atlanta, and Texas--- and still you will love Churchill's!

It's not for the faint-of-wallet... but it's worth every penny!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have to admit, this was a pre-anniversary eve dinner at Churchills, with the following night to be dinner at a restaurant we had already chosen. BIG MISTAKE!! We should have skipped the other restaurant and returned for dinner here the next night. My husband and I showed up for Happy Hour. On their Burger Wednesday Happy Hour, we were told the place is crazy busy, so we thoroughly enjoyed our quiet night. The downstairs bar is beautiful and cozy. There were literally so many things on the menu that I had an incredible time choosing just one. My husband had the same dilemna. I finally chose the schrimp scampi and it was heavenly.... one of the best I have ever had. There was numerous shrimp and dipping the bread into the scampi butter.... well say no more!! There were easily another 6 things that sounded so good any one of them would have worked. My husband actually ordered the meatball sandwich with Cougar Gold Cheese and it was also phenomenal. I could not find one thing wrong with this establishment and want to return here again and again. This restaurant is about anhour away from where we live so that is how much we enjoyed this place. Our server was Megan and she was excellent and patient while we tried to decide what entrees to try. This is a MUST go place. The only negative was as we were leaving, I complimented the man at the hostess station and told him how excellent the food and service were, (mentioning Megan by name), and he acted like he could care less. Overall, this is a place that we will be back to many, many more times. A gem!!!

• Visited April 2013