“Very nice, good value” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Eugene, Oregon
“Very nice, good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed in Jan. They only had 38% of capacity. I got a super deal via an internet site like Kayak.com or Expedia. Clean. Friendly staff. Cookies and coffee in the evening. Morning breakfast. Free newspaper. HVAC OK. Lighting a bit dim. Pool and sauna 24/7. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Nothing special
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I didn't book this hotel as it was apart of a tour of Spokane and Yellowstone national park. But overall, it was good.

Here are the things I noted:
The room was excellent
The breakfast was amazing
The gym was small but moderate
The pool was large and spacious
The hot tub was great
There was music playing in the halls which was a nice touch
We didn't have any problems during our stay

Overall, a great experience! :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Spokane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We enjoyed the breakfast,the food was good,but we would have appreciated hashbrow n pototoes with it.Maybe next time,huh?Our room was very clean.We had a very good night's sleep.The desk clerk was very helpful.We would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I don’t give many 1s or 2s on Trip Advisor, but this was an all-around bad experience. The worst part of the stay came at the very end. We had selected this hotel based on its claim to have a free airport shuttle. When we checked in, we put in a request for the shuttle, around 5 a.m. to make an early flight out of GEG. The front desk clerk took down our information and said to be in the lobby five minutes before 5 a.m. OK, great.

The next morning, I came down to find a taxi cab waiting. Nice, I thought, if the shuttle’s not running yet, they’ll call you a cab. Then I get to the airport, start to walk inside with my bags, and the cabbie calls out, “That’ll be $19.” Um. After realizing he wasn’t joking, I explained what had happened. He said, “Oh, I used to work there. They pull that stuff all the time.” I paid the bill and asked for a receipt. What a shady deal! My husband, traveling separately, had not yet checked out, so I emailed him the receipt. The person at the desk was helpful and refunded the money (minus the tip). But come on. Did they think I wouldn’t complain? Are they trying to mislead customers? That’s a pretty sorry way to treat paying guests.

OK. On to the rest of the stay. The hotel was not dirty, but not especially clean. Towels are in a weird place above the shower, where they get wet while you bathe. The walls are thin, and there’s super-odd music piped through the hallways, which you can hear in the room. We could also hear guests in nearby rooms and were constantly (and inexplicably) running into roving bands of teenage guys. What? Fridge and microwave in the room were a nice touch, sheets were worn but clean. The hotel is not in a nice location, and the parking lot didn’t feel very secure, although parking here was free, which it isn’t at many higher-end Spokane hotels. The Comfort Inn University/Downtown is by no stretch of the imagination downtown, as the name implies.Due to my early check-out time, I wasn’t able to comment on the breakfast.

All-in-all, I would have given this hotel a 2 or 3 if it weren’t for the issue with the shuttle. However, any business that tries to pull a fast one on a customer like that deserves a 1 in my mind.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
spokanecomfort, General Manager at Comfort Inn University District / Downtown, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We have all been "scammed". Our airport shuttle runs from 7am-11pm as noted on our website, however when we have early request such as yours, we do call a taxi and WE PAY FOR IT, NOT THE GUEST.
So our hotel paid the taxi and you paid the taxi.
Needless to say we will never use this taxi service again for our hotel guests. And I am sending you a refund for what you paid to the taxi company.
We apologize for this unfortunate incident and appreciate your candor in bringing it to our attention.
In the future we will make sure our hotel guests know that when our guests need airport shuttle outside our service hours, the taxi has already been paid for.
Best wishes to you and your family for a happy holiday season.

Christine Cochran, CHA, CTA
Cambridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I'm retired military and have traveled all over the US staying in all types of hotels and motels. So I think I have a basis for comparison when I say this is one of the best bargains anywhere. Staff is friendly and helpful, rooms are clean and comfortable, breakfast was hot and tastey... If you want an affordable place to spend the night that has a pool for the kids and a gym for you, stay here.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel was near to the freeway. Staff were friendly and helpful. Last time I stayed at this hotel it was a Shilo it is close to restaurants. Complaint was no hot water for showers and the bathroom door squeaked.

• Stayed November 2012
Bonney Lake, Washington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I booked because of the price. Afterward I read the review and was nervous about the quality. I was, however, surprised. Although the decor is a bit outdated, you could tell it was maintained. My room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast had more than the standard fare of bagels and juice. The carpet was clean, although a bit faded. The pool area needed some sprucing up. It isn't really "downtown" so I would say plan on driving if you want to see anything or eat anything other than pizza delivery. Overall, it was clean and the staff were exceptionally friendly. I would stay again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn University District / Downtown? Share your experiences!