In all my time writing reviews for Trip Advisor I simply cannot remember a more terrible stay. We have stayed at this hotel the 3 years prior with little issue but the worst came out on this trip. We will not be back and neither will anyone we know.
If you look over the other reviews you will find instances of people reserving 2 queens and checking in and being told there were only doubles left. The management claims this is a glitch in their system and only happens when reserving rooms through secondary sites(for me AAA). When I checked into the hotel and was told nothing could be done and no rooms where available. I went onto the Ramada web site and was able to book a room with 2 queens AFTER I was told no other rooms were available. The management claims the issue is resolved and clearly it is not.
I asked to speak with the manager on duty except there was no manage on duty she did not come in till 6pm (I checked in at 3pm). I was forced to go sit in my 2 double room and settle in believing there was nothing that could be done and deal with it. If a manager were on duty when this issue was found and resolved immediately, I wouldn’t be writing this and I’d see you again next year. When the manager came in at 6pm I was told she was able to move me to two queens after my family had settled in and was off at the pool. Too little too late! The explanation was they will move us and give someone else the Double!!! So they would subject their staff and themselves to another irate customer robbing peter to pay Paul. The manager said they would continue to do that and hopefully by the end of the night there will be a no show or something SERIUOUSLY….SHAME ON YOU… This is a known problem FIX YOUR SYSTEM OR BUY QUEEN BEDS. Quit deceiving the traveling public.
Other things: fancy pool with water slide only open Thursday –Sat, imagine my sons face when I said no slide today. His words, “then why did we stay here, I thought it was for the water slide”. Hot water was lacking in the morning. This may have been from the volume of people all getting ready for Bloomsday but still…Wonderful outdoor seating at the bar 2 years running we haven’t been able to sit there because of an overabundance of bees. If you have any kind of stair climbing issue or don’t want to carry your things upstairs make sure you ask for the side with the elevator because ½ the building is not accessible.
The only bright side was the girl (Kathrine? )Behind the desk. She tried so hard to calm my anger but was stuck in a situation she had no control over. The evening manager was nice and accommodating providing me 10$ off each night (not enough, one night should have been comp.) and 40$ in breakfast coupons, again this was not enough. I booked and paid for a room you failed to provide at check in but worse yet, your own system allowed me to continue to book rooms you were saying were unavailable. In my eyes this is a Bait and Switch, offer queens and deliver doubles when your queens sell out, most customer just suck it up. If there were any other rooms in town I would have stayed elsewhere, next time I will.
As much as I travel, I know things happen, I just don’t believe this is a case of things just happening. This problem has happened multiple times in the past. There are multiple reviews of the same issue. It is not 3rd party reservation systems.
You received a 2012 Excellence Award from Trip Advisor. You shouldn’t be allowed to display it at your front desk.
I intend to send this review directly to the marketing/public relations people at Ramada Corporate I hope they don’t accept this kind of behavior.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Spokane Airport And Indoor Waterpark Hotel Spokane
- Ramada Spokane Airport And Indoor Waterpark Hotel
- Ramada Spokane
- Spokane Ramada
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our full service hotel has Remington's Cafe, Dining Room or Lounge & Grille for your appetities. Or order room service from the comfort of your room. We have an indoor pool, seasonal outdoor pool, jacuzzi, wading pool, work out facility, free wi-fi, free business center, free shuttle to the airport and express check out.Only a few steps from Spokane International Airport terminal and rental car area. Looking to leave your vehicle prior to traveling? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Ramada at Spokane Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.