“Should we elect not to use the limo service provided by...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ramada at Spokane Airport

You added Ramada at Spokane Airport to your Saves list
Ramada at Spokane Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8909 W Airport Drive, Spokane International Airport, Spokane, WA 99224   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Spokane
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Orofino, Idaho, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

As a veteran of thirteen years in the hotel industry and former General Manager of a premier property that has won numerous awards including, and most importantly, in customer service, I am generally a very critical guest in every way.

I recently had a business trip where I had to fly to Nashville TN out of the Spokane airport and stopped into the hotel early on a Friday to eat at the hotel's restaurant before flying out. The meal and service was very good. I had stopped in to treat my ride to the airport with breakfast before flying out, where Dave (I believe) at the front desk made us feel comfortable until the restaurant opened and then Woody, our server was very pleasant. The food was served hot, and expediently, and really hit the spot. The restaurant was clean, contemporary and well appointed, which made for a very pleasant experience.

On my trip back from Nashville, I was too exhausted to make the nearly 3 hour drive home so I decided due to the good service to stay at this hotel due to my experience on the trip out. I called the hotel, where the front office person was very professional and sent the van driver out expediently to pick me up. Normally I would just walk the distance however due to the long flights and several layovers I was in pain and moving very slowly.

Check in was quick and the service was good and I had my keycards in hand in short order, with directions to my room. The hotel is an older property and in need of a little capital investment for minor renovations. It is clean and comfortable, just a little dated. The rooms have all of the new amenities anyone staying would need, but the interior design could use a little work (color combinations, particularly the wall treatments, older bed spreads, lighting in the rooms and hallway etc). I would suggest triple sheeting and updating your linens, and giving the rooms a little more contrast with wall treatments or paint.

The room was clean (and I did do an inspection as I would my own hotel) but needs a little maintenance, the furniture could be gone over with a touch up pen, along with the trim on the doors, and trim. The bathrooms grout could use some attention as well as the wall treatments due to some separations in the seems. These are caused by age, but also the type of fans used (they are the silent ones that generally have less cfms and therefore are not as effective at dealing with the steam from the shower).

The water pressure and shower head are issues with the bathroom however. Where I had adequate hot water, the pressure was poor and the shower head was very dated. A new shower head would address the pressure issue and help lower water usage in my experience, as build up can occur that results in the issues I experienced.

The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean, which allowed me to quickly fall into a deep sleep, getting much needed rest. I woke up a few minutes before midnight very hungry and in need of bottled water and food. As I'm a stage IV Oral Cancer Survivor and unable to eat solid food, there was nothing available at this time for me from the little snack shop attached to the front desk. I was in obvious pain and moving slowly from the travel and did not have a vehicle yet (as I skipped picking up the rental car until the morning as I was in desperate need to just rest) so I was in a bit of a situation due to I how hungry I was.

This is where your staff thoroughly impressed me. Matt, the bellman on duty, came to my rescue, even though he was going to be off of work soon. He asked his front office supervisor for permission to drive me to a supermarket close so that I could pickup something I could eat, loaded me into his van and drove me there, waiting in the parking lot until I returned.

Beon

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
D V, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Mr. Eric,
WOW! Thank you for your very kind review. It is always so rewarding to read a comment such as yours, especially with your hotel background. I so appreciate you sharing your thoughts with the traveling public. I did want to share with you that we are currently in the process of remodling and many of the items you menionted, i.e. paint, bathrooms, shower/tub enclosures, bed coverings are being updated as I write this response. We do hope that you will come back again for a visit so you can see and enjoy our updates.
Summerville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have stayed at the Ramada once before a decade ago because of its close proximity to the Spokane Airport. The staff on duty are friendly and helpful. The lighting was not adequate in my room and I believe most women like to have good lighting. The room was ok, bed comfortable, but overpriced really. Must be inflation. Dinner was fabulous. Good selection on the menu and nicely decorated dining area. However, if you want breakfast, be prepared to pay for it. I did not. And though it is advertised as a non smoking hotel, I could smell cigarette smoke on my floor. Convenient location. Can't say I would stay again as there are now new hotels just down the road and they are competing for my dollars and yours.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
D V, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
We're glad that you visited us once again. Thank you for you nice comments on the Team you can be sure I will share them. As we are a full service hotel we do offer breakfast, lunch and dinner with a wide variety of items. I did have our maintenance team check on the bulbs in the room you occupied and if necessary we will get those changed out; thank you for mentioning it. You are certainly correct in that we are a non-smoking hotel, however from time to time some guests feel that they can take liberty with that rule which is disappointing to all of us. We do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service to you in the future.
Pasco
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I booked my room through the Ramada website for a 2 Queen room. When I arrived and checked into the room there were t 2 double beds instead of 2 queens. When I went to the receptionist (because the phone in the room was broken) I was told that they were out of queen bed rooms and that I probably was bumped because I used Expedia. I told her that I had booked through the Ramada and was told there was no available queen bed rooms. Since it was too late to find a different hotel and we needed to go to the airport early we decided to stay anyway. I would have never booked a room if I knew it had 2 double since my wife and I are both over 6 feet tall! After sleeping on the worst bed that was super soft and had a valley in the center the bill arrived under the door. To my surprise the bill was $160 instead of the $125 rate that was on the receipt that I received from the online booking. In their defense they did correct the billing after we complained. Even though the location is great I would not stay here again ever!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

hemet, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were attending a wedding in Spokane and were looking for a hotel that would have additional amenities for our 3 and 6 year old granddaughters. This place really fit the bill!

First of all, the service in all areas of the hotel was exceptional. The wait staff in the restaurant were friendly and very accommodating. In fact, everyone we encountered - from room service to the cleaning crew -were exceptionally friendly and went out of their way to make sure our needs were met.

It is a bit of a stretch to call it an indoor waterpark, but they did offer many options for swimming. Our 3 year old really enjoyed the 1' wading pool that she could "swim" in by herself. We all enjoyed the regular pool that went up to 7 feet deep but the highlight was the 3.5' deep pool that the large water slide fed into - our 6 year old had a blast and was delighted! The water slide was supervised by hotel staff and was opened 4 hours in the morning and 4 hours in the evening. There was also a spa. If you are counting, that is 4 pools in all. All pools were heated.

The rooms were large, clean and had a microwave and refrigerator.

If you are looking for a fun place to stay with family this should meet your needs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
D V, General Manager at Ramada at Spokane Airport, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Hemet Visitor -
We are so glad that you were able to enjoy your grandchildren at our hotel and use so many of our amenities during your visit. It does sound like the pools were just a special treat for your grandchildren and we are so happy to know that. You can be sure that I shall pass along your nice comments regarding our staff's customer service to everyone. We hope that your family will return soon.
Denise Vickerman

Been to Ramada at Spokane Airport? Share your experiences!