“Great hotel for reasonable cost” 5 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Spokane
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kent, Washington, United States
“Great hotel for reasonable cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Booked this for five nights and was given the senior rate which was very reasonable. The room was totally updated with a large flat screen and new linens on the king bed. The breakfast that was included with the room was very good - scrambled eggs, sausage or bacon, waffles, cereal, yogurt, muffins, etc. The ladies attending the breakfast room were quick to keep the food replenished even with the large groups we encountered. The air conditioning worked well which was great in the 100 plus weather.

Housekeeping was maxed out and we could see the quality of cleaning reduce as the busy weekend came up. However, with all the good points, can stand one day of missed cleaning and still be happy. Will definitely recommend this to others.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Beth Anne S, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakwood, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you so much for the feedback! We appreciate your business and are thrilled you were happy with your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This past weekend I attended and helped with a wedding that was held out in the Deer Park area. Members of the family, friends and wedding party stayed at the hotel. Staff was great and it worked perfect. Sara-who helped put together the rehearsal dinner which was held in one of the conference rooms was great to work with and so accomodating! Rooms were pretty nice and we were spread out a bit but overall a great experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Beth Anne S, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakwood, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to submit a review. We truely appreciate your feedback and business. I was so glad the wedding went well and our staff took great care of you and your family. I'll be sure to pass on the kudos to them! Thank you!
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed here last week for a family reunion. The hotel was nice and basic, but the staff is excellent! They are so friendly and helpful. We had a wonderful time. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you! We enjoyed hosting your family very much.
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We decided to stay here instead of some of the other places we've stayed in Spokane. I'm a ChoiceHotels platinum and they told me I was upgraded to a different room if we wanted it. It's nice when they recognize my membership, which clerks don't always do. The room and bath were large, very comfortable, and very clean. Later we realized we were next to the sprinkler controls and the noise of the motors was distracting. It finally stopped at 10 PM. The noise would have been easier to deal with in the morning hours instead of at night. After it stopped (and the kids playing in the hallway went into their room), we were able to go to sleep. I was afraid I was going to have to complain about the noise, but it turned out all right. Breakfast was in two different rooms so there was enough space for everyone. Good variety of food. I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for staying with us and taking the time to submit a review. We especially appreciate our loyal Choice Privleges members like you! I was glad to see you enjoyed your stay - we hope to see you back soon on your next trip to Spokane.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Nicer than than most of the Quality Inns I have stayed in.
Friendly front desk staff and efficient check in. Very clean rooms. And with 2 breakfast rooms, so there is always seating, even during busy times.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Beth Anne S, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakwood, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We were thrilled to see you enjoyed your stay and encountered a friendly staff. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you back at the Oakwood soon. Beth Anne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We arrived and found our room. Very nice. King size bed, NICE SITTING AREA, bathroom is nice except the shower faucet is kinda broken. It works but isnt quite secure. TV nice size, dresser drawers are deep but isnt large enough for both of our clothes. They clean every day. Noise level is not very quite. We can hear several people in the hall talking and laughing.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Beth Anne S, General Manager at Quality Inn Oakwood, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Thank you so much for staying with us recently and taking the time to submit a review. We appreciate it! I will make sure our maintenance department replaces the shower head - thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope to see you back on your next trip to Spokane!
Bigfork, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

True story. We received a call from a friend (G) who has very little money and no credit card so another friend (D) had booked this hotel for her on his credit card. When she went to check in with her teenage daughter and son (the kids were going to be attending NBC Camps at Whitworth and the Mom was speaking to the coaches) she did not have a credit card to pay for the room but she had cash. They would not accept cash as payment for the room. I’m not kidding. She could not get in touch with friend D so she called us to see if we could use our credit card. We were glad to do that for her. It was explained to me by the clerk at the desk that it is the hotel policy not to accept cash. So then we were going to give them our credit card. The next of many hotel policies we were told about was that they don’t accept credit card numbers over the phone. I will admit that my blood did start boiling now and I was talking very firmly to the hotel clerk as I was more disgusted with the policies and the fact that the manager has done such a great job of implementing and enforcing policies that they can’t adjust to a different situation (like someone having cash). After a verbal tussle we figured out a plan that when we got home in two hours they could fax us a form that asked for credit card information and we could fill it out and send it back. Right. Done. When we got home I filled out the form with Name, Address, Phone number, Credit card information but I did not want to write down my driver’s license number (simply see it as unnecessary for them to have that). I also did not make a photo copy of my license and credit card that the form asked for. We faxed the form back and a few minutes later I get a call. You got it, “it is our policy to have photo I.D. I asked, does that mean she can’t stay there? She said “yes, it is our policy”. Mind you, this is for a mom who is extremely meek, friendly, pleasant, petite, attractive, and has given cash to hold the room until the credit card transaction is done. I’m sorry, I lost it at that point. I told the clerk to go ahead and kick her out. If that’s the policy and I’m not going to abide by the driver’s license policy then do what you must. I called my friend G and told her they were going to kick her out. The clerk called G and told her that her friend (me) wanted them to kick her out of the hotel but they were not going to because she’s been there two hours already. How gracious of them. Amazing truly. This place is run by a governmental like bureaucrat who has his minions whipped into shape to uphold policy over people. If that makes for a great hotel fantastic but I’m not staying there again (and I have stayed before two times but it was a long time ago). I would stand by this story in a court of law and my wife listened and can bear witness to it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns and disappointment in the way you were treated by our staff and in our procedures. It is through comments such as this that we can improve our service. I first want to apologize that you or your friend were made to feel that our procedures were more important than making them feel welcome, appreciated, and taken care of. That should never be the case and as Manager that is my responsibility and I will address that with our staff.
I would like to clarify our procedures and why they are in place. It is true, we only accept debit/credit card payments at check in. I think you will find that this is a common practice at most metropolitan area hotels and is in place to increase the safety and security of our guests and employees. Some customers prefer to pay cash, but most have either a debit or credit card they are able to use at check in, and then can pay cash at check out. While this policy is not perfect, it rarely creates an inconvenience. However, in your case it did and I apologize. In terms of our requirements for accepting credit card payments when the card holder is not present - we do take our responsibility to prevent identity theft and credit card fraud very seriously. If the card holder cannot be present for us to verify id and authorize charges, we do have procedures in place to protect both the card holder and the hotel. I hope you can understand the importance of this procedure and why we ask that the form be filled out in its entirety. As we all know, credit card fraud is a significant issue.
I will work with my staff to make sure we are better able to explain the reasoning for these procedures. I hope your friend was still able to enjoy her trip and stay after such a frustrating start. I again would like to apologize for how you were treated and I assure you the issue will be addressed with our staff. As I hope you can see, there are sound reasons for our procedures - but it's all in the delivery - we can and will do better. Thank you for sharing your experience with us so that we can do so.
Beth Anne

Been to Quality Inn Oakwood? Share your experiences!