“Nice place, reasonable price, excellent staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 43 hotels in Spokane
Montana
“Nice place, reasonable price, excellent staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while attending a basketball camp at Whitworth University. The front desk staff was exceptionally nice and welcoming when we arrived, and explained everything we needed to know about the hotel. The hotel is next door to a Walgreens , and a short walk to Costco was very convenient.

The pool area is up by the front desk and looked very nice , even though we did not use it. The gym is small but adequate, and you need to get a key from the front desk to use it. At first I was a little surprised at this, but it made sense to me after the girl explained that it was for safety and to keep children from going in and misusing the equipment.

The breakfast was nice and we actually enjoyed the 2nd breakfast room which was set up in a banquet room a short walk away. I thought this was a good useof a room as the one room is too small for the sze of the hotel.

Now for the room. Well, it was very clean and spacious. I had a single king room, and it was very roomy. The bed was newer and sheets were crisp and clean with the bed made up nicely. The pillows were small squares, but we got 4 of them. Upon further examination, we figured out that they were actuall regular size pillows which had been formed into squares. Vey creative!.
The furnishings seemed older and I was surprised at the way they looked. I would suggest upgrading the furniture. The flat screen tv was nice, so I know they are slowly upgrading the property. The bathroom was interesting. The refrigerator was tucked under the sink, and there were no shelves to put bathroom kits. With the coffee maker on the sink area, it really did not leave much space for anything else. The closet area was right behind the sik with mirrored doors-- diff it'll needs to be updated. The closet contained adequate hangars and an ironing board with a brand new iron.
The door leading into the shower/toilet area opened into the room and would hit the toilet. Very awkward to get in and out of that area, especially with two people sharing the space.

I was very surprised that the window in the room opened all the way, but there were no screens. Interesting for on the second floor.

Overall, I really enjoyed this hotel and would stay again. It needs some updating, but the friendly staff, yummy breakfast, and clean accommodations , clearly make this hotel a keeper in my book!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
NW Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The Quality Inn Oakwood was one of the finest motels we've stayed in. The staff, even those we passed in the hallway, was very friendly and eager to serve. The room was comfortable and well-appointed. The rooms were clean and breakfast, understated as a "continental breakfast" was fantastic - eggs, bacon, waffles, cereal, fruit, etc. There is an indoor pool and Jacuzzi which we didn't use, only because we forgot to bring our suits!

The motel was VERY pet-friendly. They even had a folding water dish, treats and bags, as well as a comfortable "pet area" to walk our dog.

When we stay in Spokane again, we would have no doubts as to where to stay. While the motel is located on busy Division Street, the motel itself was great! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: It can be a little difficult to enter on to busy Division Street - go through the parking lot to the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

Great value, clean, quiet, and really soft towels, and plenty of them. Free cookies until 11 pm. Did I say soft towels? I really dislike hard, scratchy towels and Quality Inn did not disappoint. Pillows were soft and a little too small.

• Stayed June 2013
penticton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed Sunday and Monday and it was another good trip.The room was clean and the breakfast was awesome as usual.The staff are always friendly. The wal mart is handy down in one direction,Costco is only a few blocks away and the mall on Division is not far away.So the location works for us.It is very handy having a small fridge and a microwave in your room as well.

Room Tip: The rooms at the back are very quiet
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We had to make a trip to see our daughter in Spokane, WA, our usual place to stay was booked up so we took a drive and decided to check out Quality Inn Oakwood. The lobby was beautiful, the girl behind the desk was smiling and friendly. We requested a king room and within 5 minutes we had a room. Spacious is an understatement, the room was fantastic the bed was a bit firmer than I usually like but I got a very good nights sleep. I did have a slight problem with the wifi connection but the girl at the desk helped me out and had me connected in a minute or two. Breakfast is included in the price but we promised our daughter we would take her someplace she had always wanted to try. When we return to Spokane we will stay at Quality Inn again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OLYMPIA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Great place to stay with little kids. Nice pool and hot tub make the difference. We stayed there for a speed skating competition, and it is close proximately to the skating rink, many attractions nearby, and a nice pool for the kids to play in. Only one problem was that they double charged my card, which caused other issues, but the hotel overall was great.

Room Tip: Get a ground floor room near the pool if you plan on using it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
central cove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Choice Hotel Group should be proud of this Gem tucked away in Spokane.
Greeted with a very friendly reception, the Hotel was booked solid with two groups, the extremely courteous receptionist acknowledged my status and upgraded me two levels,( which didn't dawn on me at the time), I still had, find the hotel traffic fog on the brain. She explained all of the Hotel's amenities and handed me my keys. I got to my room and I had been upgraded to a Jacuzzi suite complete with gas fireplace, free bottled water, 12:00 check out. very nice pool and hot tub, free breakfast workout room and very fast free Wifi, parking was free and close to the entrance, free coffee and cookies in the lobby.
The suite was immaculate, and considering the hotel faces a very busy roadway, it was very quiet, Two 42" tvs, sofa, love-seat, dining table and comfy seating area next to the fireplace.
The King bed was great, no duvet just the high thread count sheets and sufficient blankets, as well as feather pillows.
Staff that I met were all very friendly and accommodating.
A truly remarkable visit, well beyond my expectations.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Oakwood? Share your experiences!