“You get what you pay for” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
CLICK HERE FOR BEST RATE
Ranked #30 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Seattle, WA
“You get what you pay for”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We've stayed in many hotels across the Spokane area and our track team ended up booked at the Fairbridge. It's not a chain I normally use, and probably won't use again.
For the price, it is what it is. No, it doesn't look like the photos. But our non-smoking room was smoke-free which made me happy. Our room was located on the first floor behind the front desk. So we could hear everyone and cars are parked right up against the window. We had a few safety concerns because the windows didn't seem secure. The room doors also required being securely locked - they don't close on their own.
There are no amenities- no refrigerator or microwave. There is free breakfast and the kids seemed to be able to get a variety of continental types of items and made hot waffles.
I wore shower shoes in the shower and in the room. I checked the sheets and they were all white and the beds were a bit firm. I travel with Clorox wipes and cleaned the bathroom sink, counter, faucets, toilet, and door knobs. I left a tip for the cleaning staff, so our room was fully cleaned and made up when we returned after a long, hot day at the track. I didn't have any complaints, but I also purposely did not inspect any of the room to closely. I did have a few bites on me, but I told myself they were from being outdoors, so I can't say it was from the hotel room.
I didn't interact with the staff, but they weren't rude or friendly. Disinterested is probably the best word.
It wasn't awful, but we have already made plans to have the school make reservations at another hotel when we return next year.
Bright side - Dick's restaurant is across the street! (Washingtonians know why this is exciting!)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Me and my family (around 6 adults and 5 kids) stayed here the weekend of 6/13 for my daughter's 4th birthday and had the most awful experience EVER. The rooms looked nothing like the website, the staff (Noel/Shy/Sarah) are all rude, there was ONE nice staff person Brandi! Our rooms were not cleaned after the first night there, my cousin inquired why and asked for towels and had the police called on him by Noel (the police questioned why they were even called, I think they thought it was a joke, they told the staff to just give him what he is asking for which were TOWELS and left). We thought there was a game room for the kids, turns out it hasn't been there for years according to the staff, however it is advertised on their website??? There is a serious issue with homeless individuals living behind the hotel. Staff let us know they had restraining orders on them so this is an ongoing issue obviously, my sister feared for her safety as she was being taunted by a homeless individual. My friend's room had what she thought were ants, they ended up being roaches, she was moved to another room that had...surprise! ROACHES...she eventually had to just sleep in a smoking room with her 2 year old child since it was midnight and no other hotels in the area were available. When we inquired about refunds we were asked why we thought we deserved one, we asked for the name of the owner and were told to "look it up on the website"! I can go on and on about the issues with this "hotel" we chose this hotel because of the Silverwood package, do not be fooled, buy your tickets via Silverwood's website and find a more suitable place to stay especially if you are traveling with children, it isn't worth it!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I came to the FairBridgeInn in Spokane only due to all other hotels being sold out. First off there was dried blood on the shower curtain and a big yellow spot on my sheets so disgusting. Also the carpet between the bed and the bedside table was full of dirt and dust one of the most disgusting hotels ive stayed in the hallways are also dirty and nothing in the room is newer than the early 90's I would never recommend this hotel bring a tent and stay in a campground would be 100 times better.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Walla Walla, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our room was dirty. There were stains behind beds and the furniture. You wouldn't have noticed them unless you were looking behind the beds or furniture. The room even felt dirty. The shower/tub was clean. Beds were comfy. Pillows were a bit small. Blanket was scratchy and old. Found hairs in the bed and nightstand. Breakfast was gross. They had a little bit of everything- but it tasted horrible, and the food was all cold. There is a 7-11 and a Starbucks just across from it, I would just get breakfast there instead. Wonderful location, just right off the highway. There are homeless people hanging out all hours at the 7-11. Front desk service isn't that friendly. I would probably come back again. I think if you have an issue with homeless people, untidy rooms, and unfriendly front desk service, this hotel isn't for you.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

I found the desk and other help very pleasant. The room was up to par, giving every detail some thought. The bed was so soft and comfy! The AC and heat were my choice and worked wonderfully...TV was great! The shower was great, and the amenities, were all there. I was able to enjoy a cup or two of real coffee with the maker in the room. The morning breakfast was a delight! A full range of good food to select from. Frankly, I will miss this "home away from home". This was great!

Room Tip: non-smoking is probably better for your health, but if you need to smoke inside, get the smoking roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Castlegar, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

The front desk service was without a doubt the rudest I have ever encountered . The room was adequate you get what you pay , but with staff that unbelievably rude and indifferent I would not stay again at any price. Pay an extra 10-20 bucks a night and go somewhere else!

Stayed March 2014
Saint Ignatius, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

This property has decent rooms, the room we stayed in was not completely clean. There were items under the bed, otherwise the rooms were ok. The bed was comfortable and loved all the pillows. If you want a room away from street noise ask for a south side room. furthest away from Division.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Fairbridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!