“Better for business travel...not so much for families.” 3 of 5 stars

Fairbridge Inn Express
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   211 South Division Street, Spokane, WA 99201   |
Ranked #30 of 43 hotels in Spokane
Grayland, WA
“Better for business travel...not so much for families.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The lady I spoke with the night before check-in was awesome, helpful, friendly. It was because of her that I chose that hotel. This hotel has a Silverwood package which I did go for, however after looking further at ticket prices, we could've gotten a little better deal using our AAA discount online instead. I'll know that for next time.

The lady who we met with to pick up our tickets in the morning was not nearly as friendly or helpful. My daughter (7) was pulling herself up to peek over the counter and she snipped, "you need to stop doing that. That's not what the counter is for." Sorry, but there's a better way to talk to children. That was rude.

The hotel is dated and in a rather undesirable area. It was like areas of downtown Seattle. Had I known that I wouldn't have stayed there with my 3 kids! You didn't dare leave there after sunset.

The room was small and basic, very. The beds are comfy though and it was cool when we got in there thankfully (super hot outside).

Breakfast was okay, we got there late and a lot of it was cold, but that I guess was our fault. I let my kids sleep in. They quit breakfast at 9:00am, we got there at 9:15. Glad there was still some out at all.

Was happy to check out of that hotel. There's no pool or anything at all for kids or families.

Room Tip: Not for families!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Great Falls, Montana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

The hotel isn't anything fancy but it is nice for the price, if your just looking for a place to sleep at night this place is good. Its located downtown and walking distance to many restaurants, bars, and shopping. I've stayed at this hotel many times when visiting Spokane.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Coulee Dam, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I stayed for two nights and was given a room that was nice, clean, and I felt secure. I was staying by myself, as my husband was having surgery at Sacred Heart. On the third day, I had checked out only to find we need to stay longer, so I just wanted my same room back. I was given, by a different front desk lady, a room on the third floor. This room,was gross. It looked like it was more the "by the hour" type. I couldn't believe I was given the room, after such a nice one. The view was the back of the Exxon. The drapes had holes from moths, and the count of stains on the carpet, bed, the head board. Disgusting! I went downstairs for a cup of coffee, as this second room had a coffee maker that smelled...bad, and no microwave or mini fridge,which I had in the first room.When I got to the lobby, I noticed the original sweet lady, I asked her If I could move back to the first room. YES! I moved so fast! To the Hotel, please don't do that to anyone else, to the guest, I know the first floor is great!

Room Tip: If your given a room you don't like, ask for another one. The one was very nice.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

I made an error booking my hotel and thought I was booking at a Fairfield Inn, not the Fairbridge Inn. HUGE gigantic difference.

I literally could not sleep the entire night. My room reminded me of a room that had seen its share of high school parties. The drapes were pulled down, blinds ripped, carpets disgusting. Everything in the room completely dated. I didn't want to take off my shoes, let alone even get in the bed.....

If it hadn't been the middle of winter, I would've rather slept in my car.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there's a good room in the hotel....
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed here for a few nights in July around "Hoop Fest"...They had a package deal for Silverwood Theme Park that worked well for me...Sure, the place might be a tad dated, however for the price we paid for our stay, I can't complain...The front desk staff was very friendly and accommodating...Breakfast was included as well...The waffles were a nice touch...

If you're passing through town and need a no frills, cost efficient place to stay...Stay here...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Worn carpets, faded drapes, old fashioned bedspreads and who knows when they were washed if ever. Pillows so flat and disgusting we had to go to a local store to buy our own.

We will never never never return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Montana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

It was an ok hotel for the price, good breakfast and decent rooms, nothing spectacular. Eating area was way too small, I have a family of 6 and we would have taken up basically all of the area so we took turns going down to eat. View was horrible, looked at a brick wall 10 ft from the window. That was sad as I have never been to Spokane before.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Fairbridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!