“glad we chose this hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Fairbridge Inn Express
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   211 South Division Street, Spokane, WA 99201   |
Ranked #31 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
missoula
“glad we chose this hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

THis hotel has been recently updated. Close to the Spokane vetrinarian eye clinic, with easy access. Eventhough it was right downtown, we felt very safe. Coupon out of hotel flyer made the room even cheaper. Excellent breakfast with the room. AND___ pet friendly!!! The staff also inquired about how our little dog did with his eye surgery---and they didn't have to!

Room Tip: choice of smoking or non-smoking,
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Priest River, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

The price is right if all you are looking for is a clean comfortable BASIC hotel. If you're only going to be in it for a decent sleep and OK breakfast, it will do. Friendly, helpful staff. TV set was old and dim, but lots of channels.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
missoula, Montana, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I have booked and stayed here several times through hotwire.
it is not up to par with some of the big 2.5 star brands( H.I. express,red lion etc).
however on each stay the staff has been very friendly and the rooms are clean & comfy.
the breakfast is the standard fare a couple "hot" choices and all the coffee ,juice,bagels , toast etc..
I would recommend this for an overnight trip for any occasion ( I use it for concerts when I travel to Spokane)
the area is a bit sketchy so you will want to plan on being in early or using a cab after dark.
all in all the hotel is a great deal under $60.
I think the staff really goes out of their way to make up for the fact that this is an older hotel.
you will be treated right and get a good nights sleep.
see you for Fleetwood mac on june 29th , looking forward to another great stay at my little "home away from home in Spokane"

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms facing north have a view of riverside park....really pretty at night
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
British Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I am a travel agent and so have been in and toured many hotels/motels all the time. I want to say that this hotel was a fantastic surprise. It was clean, friendly and the breakfast was really great. Since this was such a reasonable price I was expecting a lot less than I received. Right from the front desk (who were great), the breakfast was extensive and well kept up. The room was clean and the maid was great. I could see a couple of worn areas but they didn't affect me at all since it was so clean. I would recommend it as a budget friendly hotel so if you want to get the best value for your money no problem. I had read that the area was sketchy and I wouldn't want to be out wandering in the middle of the night but there is not a lot of areas that I would want to be. The 7-11 across the street is helpful but does have a few people hanging around it. All in all I think it was really good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Edmonds, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

While "recommend" seems like a strong word in association with this hotel, I would actually recommend it to those for whom price is the primary factor. For me, what counts most is do I get a good night's sleep in a clean, comfortable bed. On that count I had no issues with the Fairbridge. The bed was soft, clean, and had sheets that didn't feel like sandpaper (unfortunately all too common in even mid-priced hotels.) At the low price of this hotel, I was suprised by the bed quality and comfort. We found the in-room wi-fi to be easy to use and reliable. Based on our interactions, the staff were courteous and helpful - again better quality staff than I would expect at this price. Apart from the bed and staff however, there is not much else to say in the positive category. The common areas were very worn, wrinkeld carpet in the hallway bordered on a trip hazard. Even the carpet within the room was worn and aged with a bare spot at the entrance to the bathroom. The free breakfast offered a wide variety, but apart of the standard make-your-own waffle, everything else "hot" was actually cold and needed to be heated in the microwave. I think a better approach would have been to offer fewer choices and focus on the quality of those choices. While there are a few restaurants, Starbucks, and a public market within walking distance (the BBQ at the public market is fantastic!); I would not recommend venturing outside after dark. Another guest who ventured over to the 7-11 across the street at night reported what appeared to be drug and prostitution activity. The fact that there was a dead-bolt on the front door of the hotel lobby reinforced the feeling of insecurity.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
faibridge1, Manager at Fairbridge Inn Express, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
We really appreciate your feed back. We were so glad to hear you enjoyed our soft beds and good customer service. Our building is older and we do run high occupancy nightly. We are hoping to add some renovations this year. As of our location we are central located with a lot of convent places very close by (7-11, Starbucks, Public Market). Being in the downtown area it is of high priority for our guest to feel safe, and we do take extra percussion's to ensure this.
Walla Walla, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We had a family medical situation and were told about this Motel. Went there from August thru December. The staff was always kind and helpful. The breakfast in the morning was excellent. If you had a problem the staff got on it and corrected it. I would recommend this Motel to everyone going to Spokane.

I would like to thank the staff, they got to know me and called me by name. You were very helpful in our time of crisis.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

To sum it up in a nutshell: there was a booger on the wall, a hand smudge on the mirror, crumbs behind the bed (we pushed our bed out because the walls felt filthy), and the previous vacationer's 'number one' and 'number two' still on the toilet. We're still not sure how it ended up "on" the toilet instead of "in" the toilet...but there it was. We paid for two nights but left after the first and took the hit to our minimal amount of money we came to Spokane with. Try not to stay here folks, unless you are acquainted with such vacationing conditions.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
faibridge1, Manager at Fairbridge Inn Express, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
We were very surprised to hear about your stay. We have a great bunch of housekeepers who pride themselves in cleanliness. We have a detailed process in regards to how rooms are checked after housekeeping has cleaned them to make sure that things are not missed. We really hope you would come back and give us another try. Our standards and expectations are much higher than what is detailed in your review.

Been to Fairbridge Inn Express? Share your experiences!