“Great downtown location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Olympia, Washington
“Great downtown location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Check in was easy and the staff were very friendly. Beds were comfortable and rooms was very clean. We had a room along the riverside and had a nice view of the river. The downside is the river trail runs along the river, right in front of the hotel, so if you are looking for privacy, don't request river side rooms. Great location to walk to downtown activities, especially hoop fest. We did have breakfast at the bistro in the lobby. The food was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Spokane, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you, ractaj! What a nice review of our hotel! We appreciate it very much and are thrilled to hear that your enjoyed your stay and that you will be back! We love to hear that and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I travel frequently for work and this is one of my favorite Courtyards EVER.

The location (right along the Riverfront) is right next to the convention center and a quick (easy, beautiful) walk from the heart of downtown.

The hotel has been renovated in the last year and is very clean and modern, yet inviting and warm. The new beds are *very* comfortable- I like them better than the beds at the famous (and expensive) Davenport downtown.

The staff is friendly and helpful and the offerings from the Bistro and not dude tasty, with many health-conscious options.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Spokane, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review -- we appreciate it! We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Spokane!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

This was a nice hotel, however when we arrived at our room there was no information to be found about TV channels or amenities(pool, exercise room, guest laundry, etc). I call the front desk and found out they were paperless,which was not helpful to me but I'm sure it saved them some money. Also the no breakfast or even coffee in the lobby reminds me of the new money making scam of the airlines! For the cost Hampton Inn was much better value and the rooms were just as nice.

• Stayed June 2014
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Spokane, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel -- we always appreciate the feedback! I am so sorry to hear that a Guest Directory was missing from your room.....those books are located on the desk next to the tv and have all the pertinant information regarding our hotel services (although we love the opportunity to engage with our guests when they have questions about our hotel as well!). Courtyard as a brand upgraded the look and feel of the lobby a few years ago, introducing The Bistro and incorporating Starbucks as well. While none of it is complimentary, we do have many different options and price points for breakfast and dinner. We do hope you choose to stay with us again in the future -- our downtown location on the river is beautiful this time of year! :-)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

As noted by others, this hotel is ideally located. There is good access to Division, the Gonzaga campus, the Centennial Trail. It is located on the Riverwalk and provides a good strolling opportunity. Breakfast was good, and on the day that I had to get up early, I could get a decent cup of coffee (not room coffee) even though the food place was not open yet. All the staff that I encountered were exceptionally nice people. There is a Perkins restaurant across the parking lot if you were looking for something else.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Spokane, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you so very much for your wonderful review of our property here in Spokane! We really do appreciate the kind words. We are lucky to have such a great location and all of our guests love to use the Centennial Trail outside our doors to walk into Downtown Spokane or head over to Gonzaga University. Our Bistro is a quick and easy way to grab a cup of Starbucks and breakfast and I am pleased to hear you enjoyed that. From my entire staff.....Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Spokane!
Snoqualmie, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Courtyard Marriott in Spokane for one night over Memorial Day weekend. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed comfortable. The location of the property is adjacent to the Centennial Trail which is a pathway that travels along the Spokane River and makes for an excellent walk any time of the day. There is a Perkins next door and other dining establishment within a 10 minute walk. The reason I gave this review an average rating is because my room was $160.00 in Spokane and I feel that is a bit over priced for the quality of the property. I've stayed at the Davenport Hotel for less than that amount. That said, I would stay at the Courtyard in the future, if I could find a lower rate.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SpokaneCourtyard, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Spokane, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Thank you for your review of our hotel -- we always encourage feedback and we appreciate your time in doing so. I am thrilled to hear that you loved our hotel and location! Springtime in Spokane is one of my very favorite times of the year and all of us (residents and travelers) love the Centennial Trail for nice walks along the river. Our rates fluctuate a bit due to demand for city-wide events, our proximaty to the Convention Center and downtown -- so I encourage you to check with us the next time you are coming to the area to ensure you are getting our best available rate!
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here for a couple nights while exploring Washington/Idaho and it was a great idea. It's at a great location, not far at all from downtown.

We received a room on the ground floor which turned out to be a good thing as we had quick and easy access to our car in the parking lot.

Rooms were extremely clean and well appointed - exactly what I expected from Courtyard. The front desk staff were also extremely helpful and made me feel welcome.

Overall if I return to Spokane, this will be the hotel I will return to!

Room Tip: Ask for Ground Level if you have a car - easier access!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind response and review of our hotel! We are always pleased to know that our guests are happy with our hotel and our service -- it's what we love to do and reviews like yours definitely make us smile! So, thank you! We hope to see you on your next visit to our lovely area.
Northern California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We had a lovely stay. It was only for one night. The building definitely looks dated but the insides have been kept up to date and are in excellent condition. Our room was over looking the indoor pool/outdoor seating area. We did not have any issues with noise. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so very much for your review of our hotel! We are happy and pleased to know that you enjoyed our hotel! We hope to see you on your next visit to Spokane!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Spokane? Share your experiences!