“Nice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 43 hotels in Spokane
Burlingame, California
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is my first time staying here and it was a very pleasant stay. The hotel is located right off of Division but I didn't recall any traffic noise from my room. It's also right on the Spokane River so you walk right out of the hotel and take a nice walk along the banks of the river. Didn't use the gym this time so I can't comment on it. The cafe serves up the usual fare. Very quick and reliable. There are some restaurants within walking distance and many to choose from by car. Will stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Issaquah, WA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We went to Spokane to watch a Gonzaga U basketball game and were looking for a nice hotel convenient to the University. This suited our needs perfectly. It is situated on the river, and there is a nice river trail making an easy walk to the campus. No upgrade charge for a riverfront room. New carpets in all the hallways (but not the elevators, which was strange -- probably just haven't gotten to them yet). The room seemed to be recently remodeled, and the toilet/shower is in a separate room from the sink/vanity, which is always my preference, since we travel as a family. The indoor pool area was very neat and clean, with a detached hot tub. The king sized bed was not the most comfortable, but not awful. The sofa bed was pretty mediocre, but our son didn't complain. The staff was exceptionally responsive; when we called for extra towels, they arrived literally about 2 minutes later. If we travel to Spokane again, this will be my choice for a hotel.

Room Tip: The riverfront rooms do have nice local views. We did not pay any upgrade charge.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Troutdale, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I travel to Spokane every couple weeks for work and this is my Hotel. The staff is friendly, the rooms adaquate and functional, and the food is consistantly well cooked with fast service. I work in retail, so the central location is perfect for the various locations I have to visit. I have stayed here more times than I can count and have always had a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: If you go to bed early don't request a room facing the river walk. The late night summer crowd w...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Seattle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The good: the room was comfortable and adequately furnished. The lobby and food service areas were very attractive and comfortable. Service was good until the last day, everyone was friendly, even while rushing me out before check out time. The place was well maintained and clean.

Not so good: no free breakfast. Not a big deal though, the food was reasonably priced and good. Internet speed was barely adequate, just like most other hotels.

Check out: the posted check out time was 12:00. On my last day I had two hours of work in the morning at the University. When I returned at 10 AM, I found that they had started to clean my room, then left with the bed clothes piled in a chair. I had some more work to do in the room, then at 10:45, I got a knock at the door from housekeeping. They asked when I was going to leave. I said noon. They said OK. At 11:20, there was a lot of conversation outside my door. I went to the door to see what was going on, and found several housekeeping and other hotel staff there. They asked when I was leaving, so I decided to leave then. This ended an otherwise good stay on an unhappy note, thus 3 stars. Next time I'll probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stopped here Dec 16 because I had a Friends and Family certificate and it was close to the people we were visiting. This is a typical Courtyard and the staff was so nice. The first thing I noticed however though was that the hallways looked like they could have used a better vacuuming, which is rather unusual for a Marriott property. Then, unfortunately the toilet ran over, wouldn't stop and flooded our room AFTER we went to bed, they moved us promptly to another room but even that toilet had problems.
We did enjoy the pool and hot tub, which was very clean and appropriate for the property.
I'd stay at this Courtyard again, just make sure the toilets work ok.....however we found a lovely hotel out in Spokane Valley that we enjoyed more....ck out my other reviews.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

After blip at check-in-I was given a room that a guest had checked into tn minutes before me-a surprise for both of us as I opened the door as he was changing (nothing too compromising), the front desk rectified the mistake (however, I was not given the river front room I had on the first round, but rather a room near the back of the hotel). It is convenient to the new University (WSU/EWU/Whitworth/Gonzaga) campuses and downtown. And unlike an adjacent hotel, no charge for parking. I didn't use the "lite" restaurant features, but with a coffee maker and fridge in the room, it was easy to bring in snacks and prepare a simple breakfast.I was surprised that the hotel did not feature the upgraded bed/bedding. The bed was was average as was the bedding.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Lincoln City, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

You cannot beat the location of this hotel if you want to be near (very near) the Convention Center, the Performing Arts Center, or the large park on the water. We were there for a concert and lucky enough to have a 6 day event going on at the park - we could walk to and from the park easily a couple of times a day. We had a room overlooking the river on the 3rd floor. The trees are large enough that you don't have a clear view of the water but you do see it and looking west toward the park we had a lovely view of the water and clock tower. The trees provide a wonderful sense of privacy, at least on the 3rd floor. There is a major road/bridge between the hotel and downtown/river park/etc. (there is a large, well maintained, paved trail that leads under the bridge so no worries about crossing roads) and it can get noisy if you want to sit on the balcony or have your sliding glass door open - but we did not find it too annoying and when we closed our slider the room was very quiet. The courtyard is quite lovely, people utilized it for morning coffee and afternoon drinks. We did not find the rooms noisy and the hotel was full, but the doors do slam (unless you catch them) so perhaps people on our floor didn't come and go much. The staff was wonderful - we had 2 separate reservations, one night after the other, since we were not sure if we could go on the first night. We were able to go and the front desk worked miracles to get us into a river view room, top floor, for 2 nights on Labor Day weekend. We found the bed to be soooo comfortable & having the couch, coffee table and large desk was wonderful.

Room Tip: Rooms that face the water can be noisy from the road/bridge and if you're on the first floor, yo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Spokane? Share your experiences!