“Great location, helpful owner, but protect your belongings wherever you stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn Spokane North

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #25 of 45 Hotels in Spokane
British Columbia Canada
“Great location, helpful owner, but protect your belongings wherever you stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

I am a single mom of 3 kids and have been planning a Spokane trip for quite some time now. A friend and I went to Comfort Inn North for Black Friday Christmas shopping, the hotel is older and we were in room 336. First of all our room door didn't shut properly and you really have to pull hard when leaving as came back for a pit stop and the door to the room was not shut completely, just pull hard when leaving and the door shut fine : ) we were forced to park in the back as hotel was packed, we left the vehicle in parking lot for around 45 mins, came down and found the window smashed and all gifts for kids were gone, from Pjs to wrapping paper to clothes, 3 10" tablets ect $1800 worth of stuff. Called front desk and told them we were robbed, asked if they had cameras, she said no, she gave me the crime number though, she was not compassionate at all, all she said was that we shouldn't have left anything in the vehicle, she was right, but it's not like we went to bed and left everything there, 45 mins was all it took...they do have signs saying they are not liable for theft or damage to vehicles. I did call the manager who said they do have cameras, I assume the girl at the front desk must not have known? he was more than willing to look back at his cameras and did find video footage of the culprits. Hotel owners should be keeping their customers safe as that makes for a much more relaxing stay and the manager/owner here did everything he could to help, he even refunded me my nights stay, a big thank you to him as he really did provide good customer service and spoke to his employees about steps to take in a situation such as this, he also said its an uncommon occurrence at his hotel, I see it as a learning experience for all. This could of happened at any hotel and am glad that the manager here had cameras. We had 2 queens which were comfy, location is GREAT 24hr hot tub n sauna. I had stayed here prior and kids and I loved it, Golden Coral next door, and a seasonal pool. Wish there was more security here cause this place was my fave in North Spokane but am going to look for better security in a hotel from now. If security is beefed up would stay here again. This individual experience was awful due to theft. I just really don't want to see this happen to anyone else.. ..be safe everyone and thank you to the Owner Shaun for helping us in the only way he could, trying to find the thieves..

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Kennewick, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This is an older structure that has been re-badged as a Comfort Inn. While the staff was very friendly the bed was comfortable, and the rate was good, the experience was not up to what we have come to expect from Comfort Inns. The building is built in a semi-circle, making the rooms oddly shaped. When our large room was renovated, the quality of restoration work was subpar. There were paint splatters on the bathroom door, the trim was split in several places with nails protruding slightly, and the breakfast area was narrow, crowded, and noisy. Moreover the carpeting seemed tired and worn out. I think that on the next visit I'll stay at the Quality Inn, just up the street and in the same price range.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

It is an older hotel, but the rooms are big, clean and modern.

Right next door is a great Martini bar with amazing food and staff. It's called "Styr"--walk on over!

I left my phone charger on the room, and when I called; April was helpful, friendly and went to the room, found it, called me back and is holding it for my husband to pick up.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Not a hotel we would stay at again. You can tell this is an older hotel they have tried to remodel and while some things were done alright, it still has the old hotel feeling especially in the bathroom. Musty smell in room and bedding had that old feel to them. People at the front desk were friendly, the breakfast was pretty good, and the room was larger than expected.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fircrest
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Compared to Downtown Spokane rooms the Comfort Inn was a steal. Staff very accomodating. Maintenance gentleman graciously offerred to unload our many bags and took them to our room. Staff supplied an extra table and straight back chairs. Upholstered ones in room were too low for old bones. Bathroom counter IS very small but office supplied extra towels, wash cloths. Breakfast was plentiful. Other guests indicated they were repeat clients because of price, location and proximity to many restaurants and shopping. Too cool to use the pool and the hot tub was full of kids. Fitness equipment is sparce and meant for jocks, not ordinary users. Yes, there were many "picky" areas to complain about but overall the great staff did everything to make us happy and comfortable.

Room Tip: Very short on handicapped accessible rooms. If you require one make your reservation early.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Nelson, BC Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I travel to Spokane from Canada on a regular basis. We have stayed in numerous hotels over the years in Spokane from the ones located on Division to Downtown and other than the Ramada Inn Downtown (which was by far the worst hotel experience EVER) the Comfort Inn Spokane North comes in second on that list. It is true the hotel is old and requires major updating. Other than its location and the breakfast in the morning which is decent, there is little to enjoy. The rooms albeit a good size, smelled really old and like urine. We ran the air conditioner constantly even though we got cold after a while just so we could try and mask the smell. Immediately upon entering the hotel you could smell old smoke or just old hotel smell - not appealing. The bathroom counter is super small, barely any room to put your toiletries.
The beds are sooooo uncomfortable that after 2 nights of sleeping on one, I felt like I was ran over by a truck! My back and neck were really sore and my husband had the same experience.
But what was most disappointing was the fact that in a room that sleeps 3 people we were only supplied with 2 bath towels. I ended up "stealing" one from the housekeeper's cart that was sitting in the hallway but she only had the square smaller ones available. When I asked the front desk if I could have some extra towels, the guy replied that lots of people have been using the pool so they are all out!!!!! Perhaps management could think about investing some money into getting more towels so that there are at least enough supplied in the room upon check-in.
Overall although the price was ok ($74/night), I think I would have rather spent an extra $10-$20 a night to get a good night sleep, lots of towels and a room that smelled fresh. Definitely not returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Orem, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

This was pretty much what I expected based on the price. It's an older establishment but they have done some painting in the rooms, etc. Really not bad as it was good size, except for the bathroom counter which was pretty small. The breakfast was good, scrambled eggs, sausage links, cold cereal, breads, muffins and a waffle maker. The line was long for it and the room itself is very small. A free USA Today was a nice touch and I will stay that the staff was great. The young lady at check in was great and when something had been forgotten in my room the maid that I found in the hallway quickly took care of it. And I was happy with the cleanliness of the room. My room was on the 2nd floor facing the street and there was no problem with noise. My only real complaint was the hot water (lack of it). The water heater must be at the opposite end of the building from where my room was as it would take the best part of 10 minutes until I had any even warm water in the AM. And that was with the hot wide open. A lot of water sure got wasted every day. But overall I enjoyed my stay and the next time I'm in town I'll be staying here again.

Room Tip: There's no elevator so try to get a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Spokane North? Share your experiences!