“Nice Place - I recommend it” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #26 of 43 Hotels in Spokane
Seattle, Washington
“Nice Place - I recommend it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed overnight on 6-9-2013 and I am 70 years old. I was very specific with the man at the desk about what I wanted and I wanted a single non-smoking room, top floor (3rd), comfortable bed, and I did NOT want to be able to hear any traffic noise from the busy 4 lane main road that was in front of the motel. I wanted an interior room in the back so I could not even see the road through any window either because if there was a window, I would hear the traffic at night. The man at the counter said he had just what I was looking for and gave me a key to go take a look at the room #320. I did and it was exactly what I wanted so I stayed. The free hot breakfast in the morning was good and they also had a covered outside pool, but I did not use it. I ate at the Golden Corral Buffet next door and it too was excellent. The free WiFi in the room was only 11 mbps but that was good enough for what I needed to do that night. There was no elevator in the building and I'm sure the desk clerk would have carried my bag up the stairs if I had ask him to do that, but I did just fine. My senior citizen room charge was $62.10 and after taxes the total was $71.55.

Room Tip: Be very specific about what you want & take a look at the room before you decide.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Stevensville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

we been camping for a couple days need to relax in a nice bed and watch a little bit of t.v swim & let the puppies relax as well. we had a nice room on the bottom floor with a patio out to the pool, My boys loved it . Also had a nice lawn run in the back of the hotel. close to everything dinner drinks , comfy bed , clean not the most up to date. But people were nice and it worked for us

Room Tip: bottom floor walked right out to the pool and little court yard
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Victor, Montana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Spending two days in North Spokane for a nephew's graduation. Decided on the Comfort Inn because it was one of the Choice Hotels group and we've generally had good luck with them and I am a member.
Check in went well and the desk clerk said something about, "and you have a suite".
The room was absolutely awful. We checked in late in the evening when the entire hotel was booked so there was no turning back. The spa in the suite stank, you could roll a ball down the slopes in the floor which had a little bounce to it in the center. The room was huge but outfitted with beat up furniture. The rug and bed spread were filthy and for a suite, it was one of the smallest sinks and bathrooms we'd ever seen. Towels and sheets were threadbare.
Next morning instead of staying the two nights, we checked out and went down the street to a Quality Inn which was incredibly better and for less. The Comfort Inn adjusted our bill from $142.01 down to $114.00. The room should go for $50 a night, at best. Very disappointing.

Room Tip: Make sure you check out the room first...it is an old hotel that's been slightly updated but it...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Grandview, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I am pretty loyal to the Comfort Inn brand, but was very disappopinted in this property.

Parking is very difficult to locate late in the evening. Entry to the lot off southbound North Division Street is confusing since it takes you through another business.

The hotel occupies three floors. The main entrance is on the middle floor. THERE IS NO ELEVATOR. They have HUGE stairways that would allow an elevator. If you have physical limitations, try to get a room on the main floor. After coming in a back door (after trying to find parking), we went on search for an elevator, eventually being told they don't have one. A hotel employee who was going off shift helped carry our bags to the upper floor. Through the next day, we saw a number of guests struggling with bags on the stairs.

There are NO LUGGAGE CARTS. We saw a large family check in and struggle getting kids, bags and accessories to their room (apparently upsatirs as well).

Try to enter through the front door with your bags. The aforementioned back door is accessed via narrow steps, and when you get to the top, you must balance your bag(s), swipe your card through the lock, mounted on this hinge side of the door, then dance around the outward opening door (without stepping off the landing) to get inside.

The lobby is small but nicely decorated, as opposed to what you will find in your rooms.

The room we had was very large and angled (the hotel is built in an angled manner). The furnishings seemed to be inefficiently arranged. There was the bed, nightstands, a desk / table, a small chest of drawers holding a flat panel TV and a small sofa. For some reason, there is a modern, business style corner computer work station in the corner next to the bed. Since there is not an electrical outlet near it, I am not sure what its purpose is, other than to hold yard sale chic decorations. The chair could be used for supplemental seating. We had at least three large mirrors, which seemed excessive, but probably used to take up wall space.

Wi-Fi is advertised. I did not access.

The bed was okay. Te bedding is old and dingy.

There was a small refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker.

The room for the toilet and bath / shower was large. The water was hot. The anti-slip bath mat was torn. Bath towels (only two were provided) are mounted on the wall above the toilet, across the room from the bath. The vanity area was very small -- really not enough room to set a shave kit down beside the sink.

Closet space was okay. Iron and ironing board was present.

Temperature control in the room was poor.

The complimentary breakfast was among the poorest I have seen at a Comfort Inn. Firt, the room was very small (about 1/4 the size of my room. There was seating for about 10 - 12 people, that was shoulder to shoulder. The food offering were extremely basic. The "hot" selections both mornings we were there were scrambled eggs and a meat. Both mornings, they were cold, even though the attendant kept setting out more material. A waffle maker was present and heavily used. Unfortunately, it was located at the hed of the line where you picked up your plate, and because of the room size, if someone is making a waffle, you can't get to the plates (or get around them to access the rest of the line). My tip: if it's not busy, try eating there, otherwise give up the free breakfast and go somewhere else.

The staff is pleasant but will not go out of their way to be overly helpful.

I am sure many will be just fine staying here. I am not all that picky, but again, for me, this was a huge disappointment. I doubt I will stay here again.

Room Tip: If you have any disabilities, try for a room on the main floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Lewisville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We had a nice stop here. Everything was clean and comfortable. Shower was nice. Room was large and bed had lots of pillows. Location was convenient with restaurants in walking distance. Breakfast had enough choices for a light breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

We make it over from Australia about once a year, and have made this hotel our own for the past 8 years. We are always welcomed by the staff in such a friendly manner, and many of them remember us from year-to-year. The value is above and beyond. We get a nice breakfast, and the location is near a lot of shopping and food.

Room Tip: The hotel has a few courtyard rooms that are great, especially during the summer. If you don't m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We've been satying with the Comfort Inn North for over 10 years now. The location is perfect, and nearby so many great stores and places to eat. The staff is friendly, and the room are clean. We'll keep coming back!

Room Tip: They have rooms around the back that don't face the highway. Feel free to ask for one.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn Spokane North? Share your experiences!