“Pleasantly Surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Notaras Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Soap Lake
Notaras Lodge
13 Canna Street, Soap Lake, WA 98851   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Soap Lake B&B and Inns
Bonney Lake, Washington
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Every year my husband and his friends go fishing over St Patrick's Day weekend. He is constantly trying to get my daughter and myself to go along, and this year we did. Notaras Lodge is where they always stay, and I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised. Upon arrival, the place reminds me of "The Flinstones" log cabin style. They are really big cabins! Four different cabins were reserved for our group and each one was decorated a bit differently. Kitchen/kitchenettes are in each and a couple of the cabins had large jacuzzis in them, big enough to accomodate 4 adults. They had upstairs areas too, as well as outdoor decks on the upper level. Everything was clean, the beds were very comfortable and the showers have an option to bathe with mineral water if you choose, which makes your skin feel very soft. The town of Soap Lake is extremely small.....not much to see..... a acouple of restaurants, a theater, candy/snack store. The two bars in town were busy in the evening though. Ephrata is a short drive away if you need more to a town. We were there for the fishing though, and I would definately stay at Notaras Lodge again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed in two different rooms. Both were very clean inside. The windows and door frames were "cluttered" with spider webs on the outside which, while unsightly, might be a good thing, as there were hundreds of gnats trapped in the webs (the outdoor security lights attract the bugs).

The AC was excellent and quiet. The rooms were very generous in size and had a fridge. The baths in both rooms were a tad dimmer than I prefer, but very clean. If you need a room in or near Soap Lake, this works very well! I also recommend Don's Restaurant across the street. Try the Don's Club Steak.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Spokane, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

This place has SERIOUS issues. I arrived at 2:30 PM. Rooms weren’t cleaned yet. Desk stated they’d be ready by 4:00. I booked a room and waited until 5:00 PM to return. They hadn’t even started to clean the room yet. Front desk was rude upon my requesting a refund. I had to insist on a receipt for crediting back my Visa card. No apologies were offered whatsoever for wasting my afternoon.

Room Tip: Find a better place
Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

We originally posted a review a month ago and it seems to be missing so we're re-posting it. We enjoyed the location next to the beach and the lodge was ok but we did have some issues. For example, the room was very spacious but old fashioned and a little musty with mold in the shower. There was a group of several families in the room across from ours who sat on their balcony most of the evening and were very noisy singing and drinking wine. Although that isn't the resort's fault, the noise came right through the uninsulated wood walls and the office closes at 5:00 pm so there wasn't anyone to report it to to try to change rooms. Also, we were in an adjoining unit and every time someone walked in the room next to us, our room seemed to vibrate. When we called to make the reservation, we upgraded rooms as we were told ours would have a King bed. When we arrived, it was only a queen. Other than these issues, we enjoyed ours tay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2012

I was staying with a friend who suggested a trip to Soap Lake as we could enjoy some sunny and warm weather instead of the overcast skies and incessant rain that we had been NOT been enjoying in Seattle. At the same time we could "take" the waters of the lake for medicinal purposes. She had been there previously and was adamant that the ONLY place to stay was at the Notaras Lodge.
I scoped their site out and and when we arrived our room - The Eagle's Nest - totally lived up to it's billing. In fact the whole complex - a series of enormous log cabins each holding at least two separate "rooms" fulfilled my expectations of a being a quirky, friendly, totally original lodging. The woman who had built and maintained the place is not only imaginative and original but also had a keen since of detail.
While built within a two minute walk from the lake I decided to "take" the waters in the luxury of the jacuzzi in my room as they were pumped there directly from the lake. Why? Well, beside the convenience it transpired that while Soap Lake claimed to have clear skies and sunny warm weather 364 days of the year, we were there on the 365th day! It was rainy, overcast and cool.
While this cabin is the only one with a roof deck you can sit out on and enjoy viewing the surrounding landscape, it is a bit dark inside. That being said it is a self contained unit with stove, refrigerator, etc so you don't really need to leave should you decide to cook for yourself. The jacuzzi is downstairs while the shower is upstairs. As there are two levels each with its own double bed, two couples could easily share this lodge.
Service is also a key element of any stay. After we had left I discovered that I had left my shaving kit behind. I called the following day from Seattle - a three hour drive away - and the cleaners had found it. I asked if they could arrange it to have it sent to me so I received it the next day as the following day I was leaving the country.
They called back and said that FedEx would get it to me and I asked them to charge my credit card. They said no, just send a check! So, I received the package the next day as promised even before I had had a chance to send a check! When is the last time you had had that sort of service? Never, probably - but you will get it if you are as forgetful as I was. They even sent me some things that I had forgotten that I had forgotten.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Hoquiam, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Pride in ownership is apparent. Staying in a hotel is not my favorite thing in the world. :) My unit was super clean and I was super happy! :) Very accomodating, friendly staff. I stayed for four nights. was cozy and comfortable and couldn't have asked for anything more. Website photos don't do this place justice. I was pleasantly surprised. Thank You!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Oak park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

We had a wonderful room, the bathroom had the choice of taking a regular shower/bath or a bath with soap lake water. Wow I recomend the soap lake water it was wonderful! I still use the water here at home as you can buy some to take home.... do it it works. A great place to get away from it all and recharge the batteries.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Notaras Lodge? Share your experiences!