“American Mexican food” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Snoqualmie
“American Mexican food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Ana just expanded her restaurant to make the bar bigger. Her press releases led me to believe there would be a separate dining room ( '...private dining room that will feature “high chair-free, screech-free” dining' ) so I was excited to visit this week sans screaming kids, throwing chips everywhere. I asked about the 'separate dining room' and the hostess told me it was just the bar. I looked inside and eyed tall tables with bar stools. Yep-the bar's bigger :). We sat next to the same chip tossing, screaming kid I swear we always sit next to in the dining room. The poor employees of Ana put up with it good naturedly and come by with the carpet sweeper as quick as they can.

The food/menu seems the same, which is ok. I find most foods to be what I would call American/Mexican ....lots and lots of melted cheese on everything. I had the small super nachos with chicken. They use a good deal of fresh, pulled chicken with fresh chips but they ruined it with about 2 lbs of melted cheese. Less cheese, more traditional pico di gallo would go a long way on this dish (that was served in a bowl - weird). Husband had spicy carnitas that are fabulous. You cannot go wrong with the fajitas, either. While I haven't had everything on the menu, I can say that the enchiladas and burritos come with the same overbearing 2 lbs of cheese as the nachos.

Ana's is a nice, family friendly restaurant with good prices and generally good food. The menu is varied and has some hits and misses. I'd love to see some more authentic, less Americanized food. I was also hoping that the remodel had addressed the poor ventilation...you and your clothes carry the Mexican smell home with you. Prices, location and quick service make this a staple in our dining out arsenal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Vancouver, Washington
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

We came here because The Attic was closed at Salish Lodge. It was great! Good food good drinks and good price!

Visited October 2012