“Relaxing!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Snoqualmie
Seattle, Washington
“Relaxing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

My friends visited Seattle a while ago and stayed at Salish Lodge. I went to there to have breakfast with them. We ate at the restaurant by the lobby. We were seated by the window and the view was incredible. The food was excellent as well. I especially enjoyed the honey. Delicious. The fall, river, surrounding mountains and good food just made our start of the day wonderful.

After the breakfast, my friends invited me to visit their room. The room was on ground floor and has a Jacuzzi tub and real fireplace. The room was cozy and comfortable.

My house is only 30 minutes away from this area and I think Salish Lodge will be a great place for me to have a quick get-away to relax.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear PeihsL 718,

Thank you for your nice review. We are happy to hear that you had a relaxing breakfast and enjoyed the overall environment of the lodge. You mentioned two of our very unique feature in our rooms...our jet tubs and real fireplaces.

Please do come back and enjoy them since you are so close!

687 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
san francisco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at Salish Lodge. The room was large and beautiful, most of the service was wonderful. We were lucky to have 1st floor room with garden and view of wooded area, which made for a lovely afternoon of reading and relaxing. The fireplace and the jacuzzi tub were great. The major cons were that the two restaurants on premise are super pricey and although we are used to upscale pricey restaurants, wish there were some other choices. The main issue was the bed, which was comfortable and had nice linens, etc, but we had two beds, both doubles which were shorter than standard. My husband is 6'1" and his feet were way over the end of the bed. I am short, 5'2" and my feet almost touched the end of the bed. I did mention this to front desk and they said that they had heard about this before. I don't understand at luxury hotel why double beds would be so short. Some of the front desk staff were not very knowledgeable about local restaurants and it felt like they just wanted you to eat on property. The lobby is also super small with just a few seats and I can't imagine on rainy day where guests would sit other than in their rooms. There is a nice library, where one could sit, but again lobby was super small. Most of the staff was super helpful and cordial and we were delighted with the views and the nature experience. If I were to come to this area again I would visit the falls and surrounding area for the day and find a different place to spend the night as this was really too pricey for the money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces woods. We loved our patio on the first floor. The higher rooms had small b...
Dear ciciSanFrancisco,

Thank you for your review. We were happy to read that you enjoyed several aspects of your stay. We were particularly delighted that you enjoyed the service of our team members.

Of course we are concerned that our double beds were not long enough for you. We are working on a solution for this in the near future, and we apologize that we were not able to fix it in time for your visit.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review.
Columbia, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

My parents could not stop talking about all the personal touches and excellent service by the staff. Salish went above and beyond to make my parents 50th wedding anniversary a dream. I appreciate this tremendously as I was not able to make it, my husband is deployed and we live in South Carolina. I will recommend your facility to everyone. THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Kim F,

You are very welcome, from the bottom our OUR hearts. We are thrilled that your parents enjoyed their 50th Anniversary here at the lodge. It is our goal to provide personal touches for our guests, and we love hearing that we succeeded.

Thank you again for the nice comments.
Kenmore, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I went to the Lodge on their Elopment package. The setting was certainly grand, but I found the Lodge, Service, and Customer Service to be below the standard expeced for the price paid. I have been to the Lodge many times before and feel they have gotten too big for their britches and have forgotten what made the Lodge such a magical local treasure.

Room Tip: I stayed in two different rooms and they were both noisy. The basic quest rooms are well apointed bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Suzanne G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I sent you a private message last week.

I would love the opportunity to speak with you further if it isn't too much trouble.

Scott Guthrie
Assistant General Manager
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

My wife and went for our anniversary. The staff was very professional, friendly and helpful. Our room was great. Well maintained, fireplace, Jacuzzi tub and an amazing view of the falls from the balcony. We went to the Attic for appetizers and a drink. If you can get a window seat the view of the rive valley is unbelievable. Easy walk into the small town of Snoqualmie to explore its logging and rail road history. We did not eat at the Lodge as there are a number of place of place to try in town as well as on the ridge. This definitely the place to go to sit back and relax in style.

Dear Hanaho1954,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay. We are happy that you find our rooms enjoyable. There are some great restaurants in Snoqualmie. Gianfranco is a personal favorite. Next time you definitely have to try our Dining Room or Attic restaurants. We think you would love them!

Happy Anniversary once again and thank you for being our guests.
Kent, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

The staff was very professional, welcoming, and helpful. The valets and room service were top notch. After tidying up our room, the room service workers left a couple chocolate truffles on our pillows after cleaning our room, which was a tasty touch:) The room was spotless, gorgeous, and had a beautiful view of the falls and the canyon. We enjoyed relaxing in the pools at the spa as well.

Room Tip: While you are likely going here for a romantic getaway, take some time to enjoy the nearby trail aro...

Dear Daniel M,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you as well for highlighting our valet and in Room Dining team.

Your tip about the nearby trails is spot on. There is great hiking around the Lodge.

We hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I was looking for somewhere different on our annual trip to Seattle. Salish was an excellent choice. The grounds are beautiful, and so is the lodge itself. Our room was great with the fireplace and the porch overlooking the river and falls. My kids enjoyed the jacuzzi tub. I found the bed luxurious, but my husband thought it was a bit soft. We did not opt for any spa services as the visit to the lodge itself was a splurge for our family. Our family enjoyed hiking up and down the falls and through the woods over across the bridge. You will enjoy your stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Dear ohioNittanyLions,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy that you and your family enjoyed your stay. Our over sized tubs are definitely fun!

Please come back and visit us soon, and thank you again.

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!