“Babymoon Package in the Seattle area” 5 of 5 stars

Salish Lodge & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6501 Railroad Ave. S.E., Snoqualmie, WA 98065-1109   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Snoqualmie
Monroe, Washington
“Babymoon Package in the Seattle area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

THIS REVIEW APPLIES TO SALISH LODGE AND SPA'S BABYMOON PACKAGE!

This isn't just a destination for tourists - having lived in the Seattle area my entire life, I have heard about how amazing this hotel is but I am glad that I finally checked it out for myself!

We stayed there last week for our third trimester babymoon, having booked their babymoon package. The package includes 1 night stay, 2 massages, $50 credit to the Attic, chilled sparkling champagne, rose petals in the room and a stuffed animal for the new baby. Hands down, the best hotel stay we've ever had.

I had the Mellow Mama massage, which had my laying on my side. We soaked in the mineral pools for about 30 minutes and then checked in to the spa. The therapist made sure I was completely comfortable and then the rest of the hour was quiet and relaxing.

Dinner at the Attic was delicious - hubby had the shaved beef sandwich and I had the pear and fig pizza, with an appetizer of the baked clams. The ambiance was casual, lounge style, but we stayed on a Monday night and scored a table at the window and got to have an uninterrupted view of the Falls.

If you are expectant parents, do not miss out on this amazing package. We're expecting our 2nd in a few weeks and this was the perfect getaway for us to relax together before baby comes.

I have more pictures and full details here bit.ly/1jtoWLE

Room Tip: Stay midweek :)
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your amazing experience. We are so pleased to hear about this being "hand's down the best hotel stay ever"! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

689 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Puyallup, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I recently visited the Salish Lodge for the first time on our anniversary. Not only was it a magical place but each and every staff member was so polite and helpful. I felt very welcomed from the minute I stepped foot in the door.
The reason I state the best customer service I have ever had is because I had left my Seahawks sweatshirt in my room upon check out. It was right before the NFC championship game and I honestly told my husband it was a loss to think I would get it back. I figured some housekeeper would just keep it for themselves since it was a brand new sweatshirt and I had left it behind. I have to say any other hotel/lodge I would have expected this; however, I receieved a phone call just a few days later from Doris Christenson and she stated they found my sweatshirt!!! Not only did they find it, but they mailed it to me!! OUTSTANDING! I will be forever grateful, but my experience was above and beyond and I will recommend the Salish Lodge to everyone I know!! Thanks again!

Room Tip: Pick a water view, its outstanding and very romantic!
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your profound experience! We are delighted to hear that you had "the best customer service ever"! We are so happy to assist, and eagerly await your next visit! Go Seahawks!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel is fortunate to be in a nice location to the falls. My room was cold, no heat and took a day before maintenance fixed the problem. The view is of a water power station leading to the falls. To view the falls you have to leave the hotel and walk over just like all the visitors.

The breakfast was below standard. Coffee was cold, had to ask for another cup. Omelet was tasty but greasy. Ingredients were placed below the eggs and not in the eggs. Bed was uncomfortable. I could actually hear occupants walking upstairs, first for me in any hotel to include Best Western. The best part of the visit was the valet service. Excellent groups of guys who always had a smile.

I would not recommend this to hotel. If you live anywhere in WA take the drive to see the falls and then drive back home.

Room Tip: Should have went to Vegas
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry to hear about the challenges experienced, and will work diligently to remedy such shortfalls. I am although very proud to hear the feedback regarding the excellent valet team!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

The lodge bills itself as a romantic getaway and it does a great job of that. Great rooms with fire places and jetted tubs. The beds are very comfortable with great pillows. The spa is nice and relaxing and they try to make the common spaces cozy and romantic. But given the price ($800 a night for dinner, breakfast, and two massages) you expect a lot. There are a few ways I think they can improve on the customer service side of things.

When we called to make the reservation they were very nice and helpful on the phone. It took 20 minutes to make the reservation but we thought we were all set. They forgot to mention a few things on the call that would have made the stay much nicer. First when you get a spa treatment you have full access to the spa and can enjoy the soaking pools and sauna before or after (for which you need a bathing suit). This would have been nice to know in advance.

Second the dress code for dinner is business casual. Not that hard, but for a place in the pacific north west where most people wear jeans to the fanciest places a heads up might have been nice.

Finally we had a gift certificate (hence not knowing all of these things about the place we were going to before hand). When we made the reservation they need the gift certificate number which they put into the reservation. So we thought we were all set with it. When we checked in they needed the paper copy of the gift certificate. No the number wouldn't do, they needed the paper copy. Maybe this is a generational thing, but really they need the slip of paper when they already had all the information off of it? So we had to foot the bill and when we mail the paper copy in we will get our money back. Again this would have been nice to have been told over the phone to save all the trouble.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you so much for your feedback. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your Salish experience! Please note that we do not have a dress code in the dining room, so please come in jeans if you wish! We also do need the paper copy of the certificate as our system processes them as a essentially a cash bill. The number is only one piece of the tracking information needed. We will do our best to ensure that this is communicated throughout the reservations process.

Best Regards,
Salish Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

My husband and I were able to leave our kids with my parents and have a night away. Snoqualmie was a good distance away and Salish Lodge was a wonderful place to go.

We ate at the Attic. It was a little pricey but we took advantage of not having to drive home and the cocktails were excellent.

We didn't use the spa. I wanted to use the soaking tubs and steam room but the jetted tub in the room was so nice, I didn't want to leave it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Thank you so much for your review! We are so pleased that you found your room experience so enjoyable! The mineral soaking pools are an experience not to be missed, so please enjoy on your next visit!

Best,
Salish Team
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

I lived in the area a few years back and frequented The Attic for happy hour. We always wanted to come back and stay at the Salish, and I'm so glad we did! We were in town on the hottest weekend of the year (96!), and the Salish was like an oasis. The AC in the room was fantastic. We paid a bit extra for a view of the falls, which was well worth it. Yes, there was some construction at the time but not noisy or invasive at all and kinda interesting to watch from our balcony! The spas are wonderful, and I LOVED the fresh cucumber water. The staff was very friendly. I left my swimsuit in the room and they mailed it to me, no problem. I was a bit disappointed in the menu at the Attic... too little options and menu seems to have changed. Also, we got a great rate thru AAA. The room was lovely, and I loved the jet tub and bathroom "window". We had a wood-burning fireplace but didn't use it.

Room Tip: Ask for upper-level, with view of falls/river
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing about your recent experience! We are pleased you enjoyed your stay, and found satisfaction in the little things we offer to make the stay memorable. The construction has now been completed, but appreciate you found the glass half full in finding the work so interesting! We look forward to your next escape!

Best, Salish Team
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the salish lodge for our 2nd anniversary and it was more then we ever expected. We had such an enjoyable relaxing time and all the staff were fantastic.
Once we checked in we took a dip in the soaking pool up on the fourth floor and then straight for our fireside couples massage in a lodge bedroom like setting. The Massages were great and the fireplace and dimmed lighting in the room was just what we had in mind for a cozy romantic massage.
We stayed in one of the river view rooms with a great view if the falls. The in- room fireplace was the perfect touch to our romantic evening. We really enjoyed the changing lights and massage settings in the jacuzzi as well. I ordered the rosemary and mint bath butler as well as roses and candles to be put in my room.
Dinner in the dinning room was amazing! The salmon was perfectly cooked and presented. The server presented us with a happy anniversary desert plate with ice cream and sherbet. After dinner we arrived back to our room to see the petals and candles beautifully placed around our room. Everything was stunning and we can't wait to go back. Thank you Salish staff for making our special day so memorable.

• Stayed January 2014
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with everyone! We are so grateful that you entrusted your anniversary with us! Hopefully, you can make this an annual visit?! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!