“Awesome Staff!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snoqualmie
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Awesome Staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Don't expect a hotel that has been in business for almost a hundred years to be brand new. It is not and I didn't expect it to be in as great of shape as it was! It was a pleasant surprise that the hotel has zero curious odors or outdated decor! Sure, some doors have seen better days and could be replaced but does that truly matter when your room has a door leading out to a waterfall? When you are privileged to the point of having a luxurious hotel room with a bed that feels like heaven and a spa that is so relaxing you fall asleep within minutes of settling into a comfortable chair in your fluffy robe you should not be digging for complaints. If a little construction noise or a weird color around the edge of the faucet bothers you so much that it warrants a negative review there is a much bigger problem needing to be addressed in your life that won't be solved by material things. (I realize that this review turned into a rebuttal of previous reviews but I feel this should be said.)

Everyone we ran into couldn't wait to help us carry something, give directions, offer suggestions, talk to us about where we were from and how we were doing, or simply to smile politely and let us enjoy our stay. The staff was wonderful and I've never felt so welcomed in a hotel. We even inconvenienced the lodge by accidentally checking in a couple hours early and they hustled to make sure our room was ready with our wine and let us know that there was no problem at all. I like to try new places and do new things as much as I can so although I probably won't return, I'll always fondly remember my stay and highly recommend this establishment!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and upgrade your room to a River View room or suite. (the waterfall is what b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind remarks! Our team was delighted that we were able to provide exceptional service! Service is an art, and we appreciate the nod to our efforts!

We are also pleased in regards to your feedback on the overall facilities. Salish strives to continuously reinvent our services and refresh our facilities...all while maintaining the essence and bones of our lengthy history!

We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Monroe, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

We have stayed at the Lodge twice. The first time was two years ago and it was wonderful in every way. This time we had a ground floor room which was in obvious need of maintenance. The bathroom had peeling wallpaper, water stained walls and gunk around the tub faucet. It was also noisy. We could hear showers and tubs running at all hours of the day and night as well as people walking around upstairs. It was difficult to sleep with all the noise. On our previous visit we stayed on the third floor and did not here a thing.

The room was well appointed, with whirlpool for tub for two, fireplace, patio, wonderful bed and bedding. The spa as was everything we remembered and the highlight of our visit. We do it all. Soaking pool, sauna and steam room. Great way to relax and unwind.

I hope that the Lodge will maintain the rooms better. For the cost I would have expected a quiet room that was well maintained. All in all it is still a great place and we will probably return.

Room Tip: Stay on an upper floor. The bottom floor is noisy.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am pleased that you found the lodge well appointed, and chose to return again. We look forward to your continued patronage. Please note that we deeply regret learning about the condition of the guestroom, and are actively pursuing the shortfalls. Such concerns are not typical. Thank you once more!

Best Regards,
Salish Team
Snoqualmie, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I were welcomed by the amazing front desk staff for our 20th wedding anniversary! This resort went above and beyond to help! We had never been to this location before but they made us feel right at home. The food was fantastic and the views were breath taking. We also had a great experience at the spa! The one of a kind team made us feel so special. We were assisted by Jordan the entire spa exerience. She was truly great. I reclcomend the spa by far! The lodge has unbelievable customer service for the price! We will be back!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Brent,
Sounds like you had such a wonderful time! We are pleased to hear about your experience, particularly your comments regarding our service excellence! We look forward to your next visit!
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary. Salish Lodge was the highlight of our trip. The staff was friendly and very helpful and the grounds were well kept and beautiful. The room where we stayed was very luxurious. The bed was so comfortable and they even offer unique pillows to sleep on. We ordered a buckwheat pillow and a lavender pillow. The jacuzzi tub they have in the room is amazing and you can even order bathtub services. Overall we loved Salish Lodge and would go back again. The waterfall is an added bonus!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your feedback! We always love hearing about great experiences while staying at Salish!
Manama, Bahrain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The Salish Lodge has an advantage over most every other lodge out there. It may very well have one of the best locations in the entire world. If I were able to talk to the senior management would caution them in that they should not rely on natural beauty of the spot to bring back guests. Service still matters.

This was my 4th trip to the falls but the first time ever staying at the lodge. It is something that my wife and I have been saying we were going to do and being my daughter’s college gradation brought us back to the State from the Middle East we figured why not. My daughter and her boyfriend came with us as well so we reserved the suite located directly over the falls. This is a must request when making your reservations. One will not regret it.

Check in for the lodge is not until 4pm but checkout the next day is not until noon. Upon arriving we chose to valet and the attendants were very helpful with our “interesting” luggage arrangement. We stayed every minute we could. The room was absolutely beautiful and that night we slept with the doors and windows open and drifted off to the roar of Snoqualmie Falls.

We initially had plans to eat dinner in the lodge dining hall however, the kiddos desire to try their skills at the local casino ruled the day. The Snoqualmie Casino is just a short 5 min drive away. Upon returning from the fleecing of all our handy cash my wife and I had a small meal in the “Attic” dining area. This is not really a restaurant but instead provides small bite plates and drinks. The nighttime view of the falls and mist filled plunge pool is spectacular.

The next morning we ordered room service and ate in our hotel provided robes as fires burned in two fireplaces. I chose my usual in-room fare of eggs benedict. The dish was typical and nothing extraordinary but still very good. My wife chose the Hazelnut French Toast. That seemed to be the winner meal out of the bunch and we would order that again. The other items such as pancakes, bacon and eggs were equally as good. The French press coffee was very nice indeed.

There was a slight kerfuffle in regards to the sleeping arrangements that were coordinated with the hotel over a month previously. Bottom line on this is if you share a suite, ensure they have the pullout couch and not the rollaway bed as the later was reported to be quite uncomfortable. The other slight spot of irritation was that fact that the phones were not in working order. This did make room, bell and valet service a bit challenging. When I discussed my dissatisfaction with the manager she was very apologetic and took steps to ensure corrective actions. We do plan to return for another visit on day.

See you on the trail and remember, don’t be one of “those”
John Eric

Room Tip: Call and make reservations to request a room nearest the falls as far out as possible
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
John,
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your most recent experience! Please note that I am versed on the challenges experienced in your guest room.

The sofa sleeper was actually removed for a routine deep cleaning service. It was a bit delayed on return, and I apologize for the delay. The sofa sleeper has returned to all our suites.

Also, the phone system has been resolved.

I will be sure to share the wonderful comments with the rest of our team!
Sequim, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was our first stay in this area and definitely will not be our last. The Lodge is lovely and the staff is very friendly & accommodating. We booked a river view room but unfortunately with all the construction happening near the river, it was disappointing but the room itself was comfortable and inviting. The bed was very comfortable and had a wonderful nights sleep! We loved the 2 person jacuzzi as well. It was too warm to enjoy the fireplace but it still looked very nice in the room. The room itself was of average size. We enjoyed dinner at the Dining Room at the Salish Lodge and it was spectacular. It was definitely a fine dining experience though expect a hefty price tag. Enjoyed our visit very much.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have grown up in the area and heard how wonderful it was to stay at the falls for a special occasion. I decided it would be perfect for my 50th birthday get away. I can't say that the room was bad, it was actually quite pretty and nicely decorated. Perhaps I was expecting too much because of the stories I'd heard over the years. There was a beautiful crackling fire in the lobby and it was decorated for the holidays very tastefully. In the room we had a duraflame type log for the fireplace, two k-cups for the Keurig. Went to wash my hands and there was not soap or other toiletries. I called the desk and they said they had run out the day before and would try to send up some gel. I guess it was just not what I had imagined it would be. We were told when making the reservation that if we booked it quickly, they would upgrade us to a "river view room". Lovely! I was so excited to be able to relax by the fire and just enjoy that view and the sound of the falls. They say a picture speaks one thousand words so I'll let these photos of the view (you'll have to use your imagination for the constant beep, beep, beep sounds) speak for themselves. I've also included some pics of the room and decor, as they were very pretty. Some warning about the construction would have been nice. Not interested in every going back. We try to focus our travels all around the beautiful PNW and have found many other hotels and resorts that really make us want to return. Not so with Salish.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
ManageratSalish, Manager at Salish Lodge & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback.

It looks as though you had joined us right around the holiday season judging by the photos of the festive décor! We love to dress up the lodge as it's a nice compliment to the winter festivities and those cozy wood burning fires!

Please know that restroom amenities are basic needs provided to each and every guest. For whatever reason, it looks as though we experienced a miss in your guest room, and am so sorry for the delay in getting those to you.

The construction that you mentioned is quickly coming to a close on the opposing side of the river bank. The work is progressing, and every day returning to a more natural landscape. We appreciate your patience as this work continues.

We hope to see you in the near future!

Been to Salish Lodge & Spa? Share your experiences!