“I was hesitant to stay in this little place, but am so glad we decided to give it a try!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Snohomish Inn

323 Second Street, Snohomish, WA 98290   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Snohomish B&B and Inns
Washington, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

We stayed here for 5 nights while visiting our son. My reservation was last minute as we intended to stay in the bigger nearby town of Everett. The room was a great size, plenty of room to spread out; a table, fridge, microwave, coffee pot, etc. It was extremely clean, the beds were comfy, the washcloths the fluffiest! The WiFi was the best we got in 2 weeks of travel. The staff was friendly and attentive. We enjoyed the town history that was included in each room. This hotel is a gem!!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

28 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2009

While traveling through Washington, My friends and I stopped by to look at Snohomish and decided to stay the night so we could check out the downtown area. We weren't expecting much from this motel but I guess we got more than we bargained for. The clerk who checked us in was nice and even though he didn't know how to get down to Auburn he offered to print out a mapquest for us which was nice. The price was a little more than we wanted but it wasn't horrible by any means, and it turns out you do get what you pay for because the rooms are nice and clean and had 2 queen beds, mini refrigerator, a microwave, coffee pot. Also, something I thought was neat was that apparently each room is named after a local historic figure (that's what the clerk told me) and they had some info about our person framed on one of our walls. So I thought the place was neat and if we ever end up around there in the future we're going to stay there again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Nekowagenki
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

Our room was clean, air conditioned, spacious with refrigerator, microwave, cable, wifi - everything we needed.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Wilmington, DE
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2009

Room was simple, but nice and clean. Quaint prints of figures from Snohomish history.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
akacrystaln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

The staff was wonderful! The rooms were immaculate. New beds, Clean linens,everything I could ask for in a small town environment. The location was perfect for shopping the antique stores in downtown Snohomish, and visiting our daughter. My husband and I look forward to returning next year!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
snohomish
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2009

My 2 young children and I stayed one night. I noticed right away the room was filthy!! I turned down one of the bedspreads and it had blood on it!!!! it was 6pm and I figured housekeeping had gone home for the day so I carried the soiled bedspread to the office and asked the owner for 2 new ones. I told him the room was really dirty and he said he would speak to the head housekeeper who happens to be the owner too. I then took a washcloth and washed the headboards wich left my handprint of dirt on it! The tv remote had greasy dirt all over it and I could tell the room had not been vacuumed. I spoke to "Bill" one of the owners and told him how dirty the room was and he told me he would speak to the housekeeper. The next morning as we were getting ready to leave, the housekeeper asked what my problem was. I started to tell her the room was dirty and she began histarically laughing at me!!! I told her I did not think it was funny and she told me if I didn't like it I should not stay there again! I left feeling angry and frustrated, I called and talked to Bill. He yelled at me and told me I should not stay there again!! I said " Is this the way you treat all of your guests if they have a problem"? He then told me, " I think you just want a free room". I said it's NOT about the money, it's about treating your guests with respect!! I told him that I was going to let all of the businesses in the area know how bad I was treated and ask that they not recomend the hotel to anyone so that they don't have to go through what my children and I did!!! This place is loud, dirty and the owners need a lesson on how to respect thier guests!! I did talk to many business owners in the area and they said they would no longer recomend the hotel. I also called the health department to let them know about how dirty the room was and they assured me they would check into it!!! I will continue to report my stay to everyone that I know. I have lived in Snohomish for 37 years and I know ALOT of people who respect me and will back me up. Snohomish is a great town with plenty of things to do and see. There are quite a few Bed and Breakfast places that may charge a little more, but it is defanately worth it!!! There are hotels in Monroe and Everett that will treat you with respect and you are sure to have a WAY better experience!!!!!

• Liked — It is in town with many places to eat, shop, walk and it is close to a park.
  • Disliked — The owners,dirty room and the noise all night long from the other guests.
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Snohomish hotels

Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

There isn't much of a selection of hotels in Snohomish, but I still wanted to stay in a small city/town rather in the nearby large city because of crime rates. Also, this city is known for its antique malls, so I envisioned that most of the customers would be antiquers. Not so.

Overall, my stay had to be described as unsatisfactory with a mix of good and bad things, but the poor items far outweighed the good. Here are the details:

On the outside, the small two level hotel doesn't look bad. The office is in a little side building and when I walked up the steps, a woman opened the door and said "What do you want". Wow. I had never been greeted that way before at a service type business. The rest of check-in went fine, but there was definitely an attitude.

At first glance, the room looked okay. It was quite large and superficially clean. As I checked around more, I became shocked at the lack of true cleanliness though. I always check mattresses and upon lifting up the top mattress, I saw that the bottom mattress of both beds were very dirty. A little vacuuming would go a long ways here folks. But worse, the nightstand had been cleaned on the top, but the sides were disgusting! If I described what was along the sides of the nightstand, you'd probably barf. I nearly did when I saw it.

There were also ominous signs in the room such as a notice in the bathroom to call the manager if the toilet overflowed and another sign that said it may take 4 minutes to get hot water. Luckily neither of these bad things happened.

I was staying there because I needed to work nearby the next day, however, things worsened that night to make that work day difficult because I did not get a good night's sleep. Around 1:30 AM, people were running around outside the room yelling at each other. This continued until about 4:00 am. So much for staying in a small quiet town!

Also, you'd be better off staying in the upper floor due to noise. We did, and at least didn't hear noise above us. Just heard it all around.

The price was high for what we got. They really need to do some deep cleaning and manage their guests for behavior. They also need to fix their hot water and toilet problems. There is no excuse for any of these issues in a hotel, especially one that charges nearly $100/night.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Lack of real cleanliness
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Snohomish Inn? Share your experiences!