“Not typical” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Snohmish
“Not typical”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Expensive drinks. Limited food choices. Cold atmosphere. I think they are trying to be more of a trendy bar than a Mexican restaurant.

Visited February 2014

Seattle, Washington
“The most expensive margarita I've ever had!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

Visited Calle for girls night. I ordered a Cadillac margarita with Casa Noble reposado, so I knew my drinks would be more expensive than everyone else. Sadly, they were served in a glass the size of a small tumbler and didn't taste like they had much tequila in them, which was disappointing. But then I got the bill.......and was charged $20 PER DRINK! Are you kidding me? A while bottle of Casa Noble is $80, and I was charged $20 for basically one shot....in one drink?? Although girls night was fun, Calle was WAY OVERPRICED & this is the first & last time I will be going to Calle. It's just not worth it!!!

seattle, wa
“Not ready for prime time”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

My husband and I were excited to see Calle open, we decided to visit and grabbed a seat at the bar. The place is rather stark, basic wood seating in a dark painted room with a bar at one end that has several big screen TV's up above the bar itself. That's about the extent of the decor. We waited 10-15 minutes for someone who worked there to show up anywhere, then actually went over to the kitchen to ask if someone was ever going to come back out. They apologized, said they were having a company meeting. Food was, well, street food. Pretty basic. Service was s-l-o-w. Tequila selection is amazing, and the barkeep knew a LOT about that. But we don't have plans to return for awhile, give them time to get more established, maybe.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Snohomish, Washington
“We tried to love it...management can't get it together”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I returned to Calle after attending the soft opening and grand opening in December 2013. We saw great potential in the concept for this different take on traditional Mexican street tacos (hence the name "Calle") and were hopeful that this would be a nice addition to our town's restaurants. We were willing to overlook slow service, food coming out lukewarm, and hiccups with their new technology as they worked out the kinks of this second restaurant for these owners. We figured we would give it some time, and then go back, which we did today in March 2014. Sadly, we walked in and were greeted with the same confusion as before. There was a sign that sais "wait to be seated", but the bartender called to us to seat ourselves. We grabbed a couple of menus and found an open seat, which was not difficult to do as the place was not too crowded. After four minutes or so, the bartender delivered us water, asked if we wanted chips and salsa for $1, which we did, and then returned with those. She said she would be back, and proceeded to make some drinks, deliver food to the two people sitting at the bar, and then start to take orders from a few other tables who were waiting to be served. We continued to wait, munched on our chips and salsa which were simply OK, and waited. We did notice that it was now 2:00 and Happy Hour $4 margaritas would now be available. Sadly, we decided we just didn't want to wait anymore, and were not confident that our food would be spectacular enough for us to chance it. We felt like an imposition on the bartender, who was the only one to serve the whole place. She was very friendly and apologetic when we got up to leave, and understood completely. We made it clear to her that it was not her fault; that there must be more help on the floor. If there was a manager present he/she needed to step in and help expedite food or bus tables. This bartender was left to do it all...and she was hustling. We are simply not going to accept service that makes us feel badly for the employees and leaves us wondering where the management is. Come to think of it, last time we were here we saw some people walk in the door, look around, get no service, and leave without even sitting down. At least we made it a little longer than that. Calle has great potential; there are just far more bugs to work out than there are grasshoppers for the tacos. Yes, you can order grasshopper tacos. Too bad I won't be back to try them.

• Visited March 2014