“Over priced and hair in food” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Snohomish, Washington
“Over priced and hair in food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We dined there last Friday. Our bill was nearly $150 for 4 people, Filets were tiny, fingerling potatoes were dry, and my daughter in laws filet had a long hair hanging off of it when it was brought to her. I mentioned the hair, they took it back and brought back a new plate 10 minutes later, after the rest of us were half way done with our meal. We got NO DISCOUNT on our bill at all for what had happened, which I think is poor customer relations after paying that kind of money for a meal and having a hair in it. :(

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Redmond, Washington
“BRASATO IS A LITTLE GEM IN SNOHOMISH”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

This restaurant is worth the drive from Seattle .... there are few in greater Seattle to beat it.
The menu is creative and beautifully executed and the owners and staff are passionate about their work.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Mill Creek, WA
“Best Bistro in Snohomish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

Our dear friends from Snohomish invited us to meet them for dinner in one of the newest restaurants (open for approx. one year) in town which has already become one of their favorites. We are ready to make the same claim for our "maiden visit" to this downtown establishment right on the banks of the Snohomish River on First Street. It was a beautiful evening so we dined outside on the deck. We tried their "Prosicoutto Wrapped Dates" and the "Marinated Olives" (served warm) for our appetizers with a nice bottle of Bordeaux white wine, and then feasted on the entrees. Two of us got the "Seafood Bouillabaisse" and were treated to very generous portions of a beautiful presentation. My spouse ordered the "Salmon Nicoise Salad" and claimed it was one of the best she's ever eaten. I ordered the "Ricotta Gnuddi" and loved the bites of pork tenderloin on the plate. After dinner, we fortunately saved room for dessert because we were treated to a warm chocolate brownie with Ice cream and a toffee flavored syrup, and a great cup of coffee. This was without question the best meal we have ever been served in Snohomish. The wait staff was very attentive. The owner/chef/manager visited our table a couple of times during the meal to make sure we were completely satisfied with our dining experience. We are definitely going back soon, and will invite some of our friends to be our guests. Kudos to Brasato!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic meal with family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We are from the N.Y. area so a little jaded when it comes to food, but this restaurant was a wonderful surprise. Ate here with my family of five and we absolutely loved it. It is very quaint, right in downtown Snohomish. The staff were very attentive and the food was fresh, inventive and delicious. Even the house salad was yummy. I rely on the reviews on Trip Advisor a lot when I am traveling but I have never written one before but felt compelled to do so after eating at Brasato. Wish they would open up a restaurant like this where I live. I enjoyed my meal that much!

Visited August 2013
Snohomish, Washington
“Another Homerun from Brasato”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Brasato Bistro opened a year ago in downtown Snohomish. In that time they’ve achieved the position of “Best Restaurant in Town”.
Don’t get me wrong. I love me my First Street favorites like Fred’s, The Repp and the Snohomish Bakery. But Brasato has taken our humble town’s food scene to the next level. Owner/ Chef, Mark ‘s labor of love is his second career and it appears to be his true calling. The guy makes his own sausages, his own confit, his own noodles, his own broths. What he does with them is impressive.
The menu consists of appetizers, soups and salads, entrees and desserts. It changes regularly but seems to always include a few favorites. For the “Shareable” first courses, the homemade sausage trio or the Salmon Rillette are solid choices.
The soup also changes frequently and the salads all reflect the creativity of the chef.
The main dishes are what make this place really shine. There is always a featured Bolognese with homemade Pappardelle. This reviewer had the lamb version on the first visit and it was delicious. Another highlight was the Ricotta Gnudi, which is a kind of gnocchi made out of ricotta cheese that were like ricotta clouds. Dining companion J, an Italian girl from Boston declared it: “The best I’ve ever had”. High praise indeed. On the latest visit my choice was Duck Confit with Black Forbidden Rice in a Blueberry Reduction. Chef Mark takes the confit off of the bone and presents it with a couple of jumbo prawns on top with the Forbidden Rice, (whatever that is) and the blueberry sauce with some whole berries. It might sound a little strange but this dish sings with flavor. In fact the prawns are a little superfluous and their absence wouldn’t even be missed.
This place is not cheap by Snohomish standards, but you’d have to go to Seattle for food like this and pay a lot more.
So, for a true fine dining experience in little old Snohomish, don’t miss Brasato Bistro.

• Visited June 2013