“A definete must for fine dining” 5 of 5 stars

(360) 692-0748
Menu
Improve this listing
Portland, OR
“A definete must for fine dining”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2009

After reading Glacier Hunter's review, my wife and I almost didn't eat at Josef's. That would have been a terrible mistake.
After deciding to try Josef's because of the menu, we were pleasantly surprised. The service was very good and our waitress, Cindy, was very friendly and personable. We started with an order of the hard cider Manila steamer clams and a bottle of 2000 Townshend Cabernet. My wife had the Coriander Pan Seared Duck with an orange soy reduction. According to my wife the only way to describe it is "scrumptious"! I had been craving fish and chips and ordered the IPA battered Halibut fish and chips. They were not as spectacular a presentation as the duck, but equally as good. We were going to skip desert as the portions are very generous. However the waitress talked us into trying the Chef’s special bread pudding. I have never been a fan of this desert but gobbled up every bite. It was truly spectacular.
After telling our waitress about the review we read, she said the current chef started in April of 2008 and has turned this restaurant in the Silverdale Beach Hotel into the premier eating destination in the Bremerton/Silverdale area.

Alan Jones
Portland, OR

Bremerton
“Noisy, poor quality food, and inexperienced wait staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2008

As frequent travelers, we are always on the lookout for local quality restaurants. Josef's website promised "Only restaurant on the peninsula serving Prime-Cut USDA Beef!!!". I ordered a $35 filet mignon, I am quite familiar with Prime cuts of meat, and this was not one. I received a tough, grisly steak which I sent back, and it was replaced with a filet mignon. By the time I received my steak, my wifes food was cold. Our drinks arrived after we had finished eating our soup and salad. Our server apoligized but said there was a convention going on, and the bar had trouble getting orders filled. The restaurant looked very nice when we arrived, but was soon over taken by a group of 20+ children from a sports event. Our server advised us that she would be "busy" and if we needed anything, we would have to flag her down. The manager apoligized and comped our meal, but I would not recommend Josef''s for anyone looking for a quiet, romantic, or quality dinner,