“I'd do it again” 3 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Condominium   |   1415 NW Santa Fe Lane, Silverdale, WA 98383   |
Duncan, Canada
“I'd do it again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2011

Kitsap Hospitality actually has apartment units in at least two complexes, one in Bremerton and one in Silverdale. When we confirmed our stay with the manager we were given the option of where we wanted to be. We actually stayed in one of the Kitsap's units in Bremerton as it was closer to the Bremerton Raceway, the destination of our trip but Trip Advisor did not find any results for that location but I thought I would write a review as we enjoyed our stay.

The aparment complex was huge as we stayed in the H building and each building had at least 12 units. The complex itself was in a more rural area of Bremerton and not within walking distance to stores but was on a bus route. Our group arrived in stages so this was a bit inconvenient for our daughter and her partner but they knew ahead so picked up Subways for dinner and cereal/milk/bread for breakfast before our arrival.

The unit we stayed in had 2 queen beds, one with an ensuite. The manager I spoke with when confirming which unit we would be staying in did indicate the second bedroom was quite small in Bremerton (as compared to the Silverdale option) but there was plenty of room for bedside tables, a dresser, closet space, etc.

We chose a longer stay apartment option (as opposed to 2 hotel rooms) as we wanted to be able to visit with our daughter and her partner as much as possible during our 3-4 day stay. The cost for the entire unit per night was so reasonable ($120 per night) for what we were getting. It turned out to be less expensive than the Expedia price of about $155/night but that may be due to the difference between the Silverdale and Bremerton locations as the manager did indicate the Silverdale apartments were bigger. We wanted to be close to the Bremerton Raceway where we would be spending our days and Bremerton is also only a short bus ride away from the ferry from Seattle where my daughter was arriving from.

The unit was freshly updated, clean, equipped for four and had at least 2 TVs with cable (maybe a 3rd in the second bedroom but did not check). There was a small deck with a barbeque but we had planned our meals around the stove and microwave so did not get to try it. There was also a very nice clubhouse for guests that had an outdoor pool, very large lounge with giant TV, weight room, sauna, whirlpool, tanning bed, etc. Plenty of parking, even for our friends who joined us for dinner on Saturday.

Our unit was on the lowest section of the very sloped property but still had a view of the water around the two clumps of trees. There was no air conditioning but there were two huge fans that easily moved the warm air out that had been trapped when we were out during the day.

I would definitely stay again. The only thing that would have made it slightly better was to have a few basic condiments like salt, pepper, cooking oil, etc but those were easily purchased. Of course being an apartment for longer stays, you do not have daily room service but do have weekly housekeeping. If you like to be pampered on a daily basis pick an appropriate option for your stay. We wanted an option where we could make our own meals, sit and visit in the living room, etc.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Solo
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2010

Wonderful place to stay with friendly people: we arrived after midnight and couldn't find our lockbox (it was on door!). I think we were still on OH timeadn tired from the flight! After fumbling through complex in rain, we found emergency number posted at office. This friendly fella, even tho' we called so late, explained procedure. Our 2 bedroom was very roomy, with full kitchen, living area with nice TV and clean, prepared with coffee for a few days, lots of towels. The complex is bigger than we expected, so I'd ask for a map that shows the location of your unit, to avoid the confusion we experienced IF you are coming in after hours. It all seemed quite clear in daylight.
For us, this is better than any hotel we have used in Silverdale/ Bremerton area- has wonderful exercise room with full size indoor pool as well as outdoor pool. We go to the area often to see our grandkids/son & wife, and will always stay here, as it's central to the area and the mall, and right around the corner from our kids. There's a wonderful coffee shop at main intersection, Olympia coffee that makes the best coffee and crepes ever with very friendly people. We have stayed in downtown Bremerton near ferry, but really prefer the feeling of a home away from home more than a hotel. The rate/night was exactly the same as hotel. The woman at the desk told us that during the holiday season, more apartments are available, so rates drop. Hotels do not drop their rates then! Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Washington State
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2010

My wife and I booked a room here and were a little concerned because we expected to arrive quite late - around 10-11pm. We also needed to have a late check-out the next day at 4pm. And on top of that, we had our 2 dogs with us! The person helping us said not to worry, that our apartment would be waiting for us with keys etc, there was a pet deposit and late check-out wouldn't be a problem.

We arrived around 10:30pm and were a little confused because our GPS led us into an apartment complex. For those that are booking here, this is a full blown apartment complex and you simply rent an apartment for your stay. I liked that we weren't simply surrounded by other 1-nighters - and knowing that this was home for many people made me feel more comfortable.

We were travelling with our 2 little doggies and unfortunately, during the trip, one of them got car-sick and threw-up all over my winter coat (better than the car seat I suppose). When we arrived at our room, I was overjoyed to see a washer & dryer along with some complimentary detergent and softener sheets! Everything was in order just as management had said it would be.

The next day, I worked from the apartment using their internet connection to connect up to the office. Internet was fast and stable and I wasn't bothered by any cleaning staff since they knew we had late check-out.

We tend to travel light and bring our own food, so having the full kitchen with utensils and fridge really satisfied our needs. I am very sensitive to foul smells, cigarette smoke, mildew etc and I'm happy to say that I didn't find any odd smells to complain about :) The apartment was clean, the bed was comfortable and sheets/towels were fresh.

The location is quite convenient, there were a variety of restaurants and grocery stores within a 1-2 mile radius.

What I liked least was that I wanted to lay in bed and watch TV (I know, so lazy!) but I had some technical problems with the TV in the bedroom. We will definitely stay here again next time we are passing through, the washer/dryer absolutely saved my life because even at 34 degrees, I wasn't about to wear a jacket with dog puke on it!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Santa Fe Ridge Apartments? Share your experiences!