“Silverdale Beach Hotel does it again!” 5 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Silverdale
GreenLeadersGold level
Victoria, Canada
“Silverdale Beach Hotel does it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is my second review of this hotel, as I stay here at least once a month on business. I have always been very impressed with the hotel, the staff, the service, and value and my overall experience every time I stay there. However, the hotel took it to another level on my last stay here this week. Two weeks ago, when I was last here, I mentioned that the older style mechanical thermostats in the room weren't very accurate and that it was difficult to keep the room temperature consistant. I also mentioned that the internet speed was on the slower side. For me travelling on business, and using my computer throughout the day and evening, this was important to me.

HOW SURPRISED WAS I when I arrived the other day to find that there was a new digital thermostat in my room and the internet was buzzing along at high speed! I was able to keep the temperature in my room exactly how I like it, warm during the day and cooler while I am sleeping.

One area of improvement is that the spa tub has been inconsistent but they seem to be getting on top of that also...It's been up to temperature more often than not lately.

Anyways....I am VERY impressed!! I have said this before and I will say it again...Part of my choice in doing business in Silverdale of all places ( I live in Canada) is because I love visiting this hotel so much. And they keep improving it every time I come out. They now have a new and improved breakfast for a very low price - I don't know if you can buy your own groceries that cheap. I am going to try it out next time I come out!

Room Tip: This hotel has a great selection of rooms and I have stayed in most of them actually, but the best r...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Marc A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello Martin M,

Thank you so much for another extremely positive review. We always enjoy having you as our guest, and we look forward to seeing you again in a couple of weeks.

Take Care,

247 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Duvall
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I'm giving a 3 star because I really liked a lot about this hotel, but there was one thing that was a deal breaker. If the hotel changes their ways it could be a 5 star.

Positive: Great Rooms, had a double queen bed, hotel had no problem taking us and our great dane. Our room had doors that opened out on to the grass patio very convenient for walking the dog. The breakfast was the BEST lots of choices, all of it very good. Hotel is in great condition, pool is nice and warm, hot tub was comfortable.

Negitive: The noise. On a Saturday night the in hotel bar has music blasting out on the patio. Despite signs that say the bar closes at 11pm, the music went on until almost midnight, despite the fact that I called the desk to complain about it, still going on after 11pm then after nothing happened I put my clothes on and walked down to the front desk. To boot I never saw anyone out on the patio, but yet the music went on. Not very good if someone needs to get up early in the morning.

Sunday night was not a problem. The bar was quieter for some reason. Despite all the positives, I need to be able to sleep when at a hotel so next time we are in town we'll likely be over at the Oxford suites. Sorry BW we really, really wanted to stay here again next month when we are in town again, but the noise is a deal breaker.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the bar for a quieter night.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Marc A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Hello Rob N,

Thank you for the positive comments, and also for making us aware of an area in which we can definitely improve.

We did have an unusually high level of noise coming from our lounge (DJ/Dancing) on Saturday night, and he did continue to play past the normal cut-off time of 11pm. Normally, the noise level is not an issue, but it was at an unacceptable level that night, and will be monitored much more closely moving forward. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable stay, for every guest, each and every time. Unfortunately, we fell short over this past weekend.

Please accept our sincerest apologies, and we truly hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.

Very Sincerely,

Auburn, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

The Plus in this Best Western Plus starts with a more hotel feel. The rooms are on the small side, nice, and include a fridge. Hot breakfast is a deal at $8. Close to a regional mall and movie theater.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Marc A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Hello DLT 22555,

Thank you for the positive review, and glad to hear that you enjoyed your room and our breakfast buffet.

Cheers,

Monroe, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

My problem was with the staff and the fact that they do not care... period. I purchased a groupon to stay at this hotel to have a small get-away with my husband who is a disabled veteran and small baby. When I purchased the groupon our premature baby was only a month old. I figured we could go mid-October when our infant was a little older and stronger, we had until the end of October to use this groupon.

We had some unfortunate circumstances come up in early October and my husband ended up having knee surgery on October 8th, this was not a planned surgery so it took us by surprise. I was then informed of my lay off a few days later. I am the only income for our family so this was a huge hit. Once I got my feet on the ground and checked into my groupon information I realized I missed the deadline by about two weeks. I was devastated, as we could really use a little get away about now. I called and explained our circumstances to the hotel staff and they didn't care one bit. They said that if they honored an expired groupon for everyone, it would be bad for them. I said, but we are not everyone and life does happen... I asked them to please understand. I was told by the front desk staff that they would take the amount of the groupon off of our stay which would end up costing me another $70-$80. I expressed that it would be kind of them if they could at least give me a little bit better of a deal. I then asked to speak to the manager and was given her voicemail. I never received a call from "Jeannie" the manager. When I called back the front desk staff told me she was going into a meeting and planned on calling me later, that never happened. I cancelled my reservation.

I am currently trying to get my money back from groupon. I was left feeling that there is no compassion at that hotel and from reading some of the terrible reviews, I am not the only one who feels this way. I will NEVER stay at this hotel and I will tell everyone I know about my experience. I have already posted my experience to all of my social networking sites.

Room Tip: Hire people who care or at least call people back and pretend to care.
Dear LauraPlew,

Thank you for commenting, and I am terribly sorry for all of the confusion with your reservation. There are certain rules and regulations that we normally adhere to with special promotions such as Groupon, but I agree that sometimes life happens and exceptions can be made.

Genie left a couple of messages over the weekend for you. At your convenience, please call her back and we will do our best to turn this situation around. Or, if you would like, you can call me directly as well. 360-698-1000.

Thank you again, and we would truly appreciate the opportunity to correct our mistakes.

Bellevue, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

We saw this hotel on a groupon getaway and it looked nice so decided to try it out and use our Best Western gift cards. We found it to be a nice place but not as kid friendly as we needed. Our kids have food allergies so we did not purchase the bed and breakfast rate.....We ended up purchasing the breakfast "buffet" as it was the only option for morning food, although they could not really eat much of the offerings. There is currently no restaurant on site. The staff explained that there was a full menu in the bar but no kids allowed.... There was no place for our kids to just hang out and eat, as the lobby did not have tables and the room was too small and also had no table. Our daughter loved the pool and I found it warm enough to enjoy swimming with her. We found that being right on the water was great and the salmon jumping near the entrance to the creek a bonus! Because it is so close (but feels far away) we would stay again.

Room Tip: The king rooms are closest to the pool, so those are out if you have kids along. You could upgrade...
Hello FamilyTripplanner,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are very happy that you were able to enjoy the pool with your daughter, and you picked a great time of year to come to see the "jumping fish".....We look forward to seeing you again.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our overnight stay was for a Date Night for us. It was perfect. We got to enjoy a room with a king size bed, the hot tub, sauna and breakfast the next morning before leaving. We have our own business in Silverdale and so it was great to stay close by for a date night - but still "get away" for some private time. (We have 3 kids!) It was a nice retreat for us.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marc A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear Member,

We appreciate the positive comments, are we are very happy that you enjoyed your "stay-cation" with us. Hope to see you again soon on your next outing.

Penticton, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Great staff, it's the people and their willingness to help you enjoy your stay that really makes all the difference. Impressive knowledge of everything the Kitsap peninsula has to offer. From shopping trips to great food, the staff at the Best Western Silverdale steered us right each and every time!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Hello Timothy L,

Thank you for responding, and for recognizing what I believe to be our strongest assets. Our wonderful staff! Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Cheers,

GM

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Silverdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!