“Best Western Silverdale - Awesome Firepit” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Silverdale
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Bonney Lake, United States
“Best Western Silverdale - Awesome Firepit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Visited this hotel with friends and found this location to be awesome. The staff was friendly, helpful and professional. The rooms were nice and clean with very comfortable beds. We enjoyed the bar area and as the weather was nice, found the outdoor fire pit to be a great place to enjoy great conversation with other hotel guests. Will definitely be going back to this hotel when I am in the area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marc A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Hello Keith,

Thank you for your very positive comments. I am thrilled that you were able to enjoy our very unique fire pit. I too have met many wonderful guests out there.

Thanks again,

Marc A
GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Honolulu, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Because of availability at my preferred hotel, I stayed at the Best Western in Silverdale for half of a recent business trip. The staff was friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast was filling but, the condition of the hotel was far worse that others in the same price range. The new countertops, toilets, and fixtures looked nice, but were not enough to make up for the nauseating lighting, harsh white wall color, worn and stained carpet, broken chair back, broken and aging sliding glass door, sandpaper-rough sheets, and uncomfortable pillows and mattrice. The most annoying aspect of my stay was either the extremely slow download speeds and constant disconnections of the WiFi network, or being able to hear everything going on in the adjacent rooms. You are better off finding another hotel in the same price range.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Hello Aaron,

I am sorry to hear that you were somewhat dissatisfied with our hotel rooms. We will use your comments as a learning tool moving forward. We recently renovated, and I have heard mostly positive feedback regarding the updated rooms.

Yes, during your stay, we were experiencing Wi-Fi issues, which have all been recently resolved.

Hopefully you'll give us another chance soon, and thank you again for your feedback.

Cheers,

Marc A
GM
Salem, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is nice. It has the potential of being alot better though if they would have more things going on in the town for people to do. If you do stay at this hotel request a room facing the full view of the sound. Getting stuck in a side room isn't much fun. They have a nice happy hour with a fun place to sit outside to enjoy the views.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Marc A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Hello,

Happy that you enjoyed your stay, and I appreciate the positive feedback. I agree that we have a wonderful setting to enjoy a cocktail.

Cheers,

Marc / GM
california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Yeah an all non smoking hotel. Excellent accommodations, even provide bicycles free of charge for your use! Very Very friendly helpful staff, its centrally located close to restaurants and shopping, and supplied with all the amenities!

• Stayed July 2013
Marc A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Silverdale Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your encouraging remarks. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your time with us, and took advantage of the complimentary beach-cruiser style bicycles that we have available. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the near future.

Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed one night with our 5 year old son. We loved the view of the beach from our room and patio, our son loved the swimming pool, which was big enough for the children to play. Our late check-in went smoothly, the front desk staff were extremely helpful and pleasant. There was live music in the lounge and a bonfire in the courtyard. Lots of stuff to do and the room was sufficient - your average Best Western room. Comfortable beds, big pillows...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very positive comments, and I am thrilled that you and your young son enjoyed your time with us. I agree that we have an excellent staff, and an excellent atmosphere for all ages. Hopefully we'll see you again real soon.

Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times and it continues to be a great experience with a very accomadating staff. The location is very central on around the olympic peninsula and the property is right on the i nlet of Puget Sounf. Great Views from water side rooms.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your very positive feedback, and I am truly happy that you continue to enjoy your stays with us.

Merritt Island, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had a beautiful view room and looking forward to a nice stay. In town to visit my mom who is in a nursing home and thought staying at a more expensive hotel would lift my spirits. However, the live music coming from the courtyard area (all night) was extremely loud and made falling asleep impossible. I was looking forward to the band winding down and as soon as they did, the people in the room above me checked in. Every time they opened and closed their sliding glass doors, it literally sounded like they were in my room. Their footsteps also sounded like they were a heard of elephants. I went to the front desk to complain and they put me on the top floor facing the parking lot. I was able to fall asleep. Next, the normal continental breakfast that I am used to at other Best Westerns was not complimentary at this franchise ($7.99). I was told they offered additional breakfast foods but it looked like the typical continental breakfast (assorted cold cereal, instant eggs, make your own toast) to me... nothing special at all. Went across the street to Shari's and had an awesome breakfast for the same price. Overall, this hotel had a cruise boat atmosphere with lots of parties and celebrations going on... not a good place to stay if you are trying to sleep. Might be a fun place to stay if you like to stay up late and enjoy loud music and are too drunk to care about noise coming through the walls. I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Book on top floor facing parking lot at far end of building to avoid live music blaring into your ro...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to provide us with your valuable feedback. We strive to provide a thoroughly pleasurable experience for each guest, every time. Unfortunately, with your experience, it appears we fell short of your expectations. And I do apologize on behalf of the property.

We do have live bands on our back patio area every Friday night throughout the summer months. We have them stop playing at 10pm, no exceptions. I was on property that night, and we definitely had a somewhat rowdy crowd that stayed after the band, celebrating out by our fire-pit. After several complaints, we asked them to please respect the other guests by making an effort to keep their noise levels to an acceptable level, and for the most part they complied with our request.

Due to your feedback, we have actually re-visited our noise policy, and have had minimal complaints since. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

It doesn't sound like you actually had a chance to experience our breakfast buffet, perhaps just glanced at the lay out. We do offer two types of scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, a potato variety, fresh fruit, several other daily variations, and an omelette station on the weekends. We have many locals that dine with us on a daily basis, and I feel if you would have given it a try, you might have been pleasantly surprised. Due to your feedback, we are actually creating a breakfast menu for our property, and I thank you for making us realize that one was necessary.

I take complaints very seriously, as they are an extremely valuable tool in helping us with our effort of continuous improvement.

Once again, I apologize for your hassles, thank you for your feedback, and hope you will give us another chance in the near future.

Marc Anderson

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Silverdale Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!