“Nice venue” 4 of 5 stars

Type: Arenas/ Stadiums/ Fields, Amusement
Seattle, Washington
“Nice venue”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011 via mobile

We thought this was a great place. Didn't feel crowded..easy to get in, good parking. Will continue to go to great concerts here!

Olympia
6 attraction reviews
“HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

My Daughter and I attended the Rick Springfield concert on 2/25. We paid good money for a front row seat. The view was great, but we couldn't hear a word he said or sang from 15 feet away. The speaker to his mike didn't work during his entire 55 mins on stage. Dispite several of us telling the event staff and some of them running around, not a thing was fixed. DIfficult to determine why they wouldn't stop the concert until they fixed the issue? Also, we have been to dozen's of Rick concerts and never had we had one only 55 mins long. Felt very cheated. We have asked for a refund, but no reply from the Casino as of yet. Will NEVER attend another event at their facility simply because they just didn't seem to care. The Emerald Queen is just up the road and they put on awesome concerts.

Visited February 2011
Olympia, Wash.
23 attraction reviews
“Good concert venue, but a deafening experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2007

I saw Etta James and BB King here last night. I was very excited to have gotten 3rd-row tickets because I haven't seen BB King in concert before, and the last time I saw Etta James is was a much larger venue and I was seated well back from the stage. I'd never been to this facility before. The ticketing process was very easy using the online system. You end up with a computer confirmation that you print and take to will call along with your ID. I'd planned to show up a litte in advance and have dinner, so that worked out fine. This facility is collocated with and one of the latest expansions to the Little Creek Casino and hotel. The surface parking and parking structure is located more toward the end where the casino is located, not the venue; but there is a line of disabled parking immediately adjacent. Plus, you can maneuver nearby with a vehicle to drop off anyone who might not be able to make the short walk. If, like me, you're planning on eating dinner, go early! There are several places to eat on the premises, but I had about a 45-min. wait to get in. When I got into the concert I found there are a couple of concession stands inside, but they had pizza and beer/wine so it really doesn't make for a dinner. (Unlike some venues, though, you can take your drinks to your seat.) The venue itself reminded me of a smaller college basketball stadium. Replace the ground-floor seating with a court and add hoops at the stage and entryway ends, and it would be good to go. That isn't to say it's bad, it just describees the layout. The raised, fixed seating on either side was comprised of theater-style upholstered seats with cupholders; the ground-floor seating was upholstered chairs. They were packed in pretty tightly but no so much that it was uncomfortable or you were jammed up against strangers. The place was crawling with security, both security staff and the Squaxin Tribe's own police. I don't know if this is typical, but it made for a good experience because they ensured that nobody got out of hand and ruined the experience for others. They were firm yet polite and not heavy-handed. There is no dancing in the front, for example; they honor the price those in front have paid for tickets by ensuring that you can see! This brings me to the only down side: the sound. The acoustics of the room itself were very good; it was obviously constructed with some thought to conducting sound properly. However, I was a little nervous when I saw the huge bank of speakers immediately in front of me. I hadn't thought to bring earplugs because I didn't think I would need them. Big mistake! Everyone scrambled to make paper earplugs. During James' set, both she and the band seemed dissatisfied with the sound and kept having it adjusted throughout the show. But when King came on, they pumped up the drums so you could hear little else. I abandoned the paper earplugs and literally sat with my fingers pressing my ears closed during the whole thing (and could hear just fine). I was longing for the hearing protectors (similar to those used by airport or factory workers) that my husband uses while mowing the lawn! Numerous people were trying to get them to turn it down, and my friends who were sitting in the front row finally left because it was so loud as to be, at that point, just noise and not music. I have no way of knowing if this was a "facility" problem or something that came along with this particular set of performers, but as a result I'm hearing "white noise" in my ears this morning. So be forewarned and prepared! My seat was #34, on the right ground aisle, and they're numbered from 1 on the center aisle outward. If you're on an outside aisle and close to the front, you may be sorry. I would not pay the premium price for 3rd row again unless I was sitting in the middle, and even then I would take earplugs. Other than now needing audiology tests, it was a good experience overall.