“The Best Sautés EVER!” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 65 Restaurants in Shelton
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: Calling all seafood lovers! Belly up to the bar and enjoy delicacies from the heart of the earth, the sea. It’s a uniquely entertaining dining experience as your fresh seafood dinner is prepared right before your eyes. Located next to the Island Grille, just off the main casino floor at Little Creek Casino Resort.
Fraser Valley
“The Best Sautés EVER!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I have been waiting a long time for TripAdvisor to list this restaurant so that I could rave about it. I can't tell you the number of forms I filled out to have this place check out as genuine. The staff is friendly and the seafood is incredible! I have now had ALL the sautés they offer, and every one of them is delicious! I was talked into deviating from the scampi by one of the bartenders, and after having the Galliano sauté I never thought twice about ordering any of the other varieties. One night, I ordered the chili sauté. I remember the bartender, I think his name was Nicholas, asking me, "How hot do you want it?" I replied, "How hot can you make it." He leaned toward me, looking me full in the eye and said, "I can make it pretty hot." I stared back and said, "I bet you can't make it TOO hot." 15 minutes later, sweat pouring down my face, I conceded he had won the bet, BUT the prawns were just too juicy to not finish the plate! Now know this in advance: this is not a white-linen-candlelight romantic restaurant; it's a bar with a copper-lined trough for throwing oyster shells and prawn tails in after you have sucked out all the succulent meat. So if romantic ambience is what you are after, don't go there. But if you want delicious seafood cooked to your specifications, pull up a stool or belly up to the bar at Squaxin Island!

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Bellevue, Washington
“Fresh Seafood Daily”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

If you love seafood, this is the place for you! The menu changes everyday and is posted outside the door on a chalkboard as to what is being served that day. You can pick and choose your favorites and it is prepared right then in front of you. We indulged in oysters on the half shell, prawns, clam ceviche and Dungeness crab (my favorite!). With a cold beer or glass of wine, it was the perfect dining experience and a delicious dinner.

Visited January 2012