“Totally set the bar for the best B&B experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Shelton
A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast
You added A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
292 East Libby Road, Shelton, WA 98584   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Shelton B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Totally set the bar for the best B&B experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

A Lighthouse on Hammersley is the ultimate in relaxed luxury. . . Phil and Kelly are gracious hosts. They love what they do, and it shows! The B&B itself is a wonder of craftsmanship and beauty, taking advantage of the views and sparkling waterway. It is open, bright and beautifully appointed. The pictures on the website provide only a glimpse of the outstanding quality and awesomeness of this place. The breakfasts were as pretty as they were delicious. We didn't need to eat again until supper time. This was my husbands' first time at a B&B and though he was initially skeptical, he emerged a true fan. We both absolutely loved the hospitality, architecture and overall experience. Phil and Kelly were fantastic hosts. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Vancouver, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2011

Phil & Kelly are the best host and hostess. They made my birthday extra special, their B&B is relaxing, accommodating and gorgeous. Jim & Ellen

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

This place is first class - it all begins with the commitment to excellence by the innkeepers, Phil and Kelly Bergh. I was looking for a place to stay while teaching a two-day class at Mason General Hospital in Shelton. At first, I was hesitant about the 15 minute drive along country roads from the hospital to the B&B. This is why I marked the location as "4" stars. Some would say the short distance from the town was a plus. The short drive was well worth it! They both greeted me graciously, although I was later than expected. Each morning, I had a gourmet breakfast, created for my tastes. I stayed in the Hawaiian Room. The bed was heavenly. Although I arrived and left each morning while it was dark, I could see the landscaping and grounds were beautiful. I appreciated the calm, caring environment during a stressful time. This would be an ideal place for couples or someone who wanted a safe, peaceful place to get away and work. Everything is perfection.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

We were in awe of the style and design from the foyer through every room we were shown. Phil and Kelly were fabulous hosts, it was very apparent they enjoy their guests and treated us as if we were old friends.
The food, bedrooms, bathrooms as well as entertainment and games rooms were absolutely fantastic....we so intend to go back to this jewel of a place, if you are looking for an amazing place to spend a few nights you simply couldn't do better
Jim and Glenda

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

This home was built to be a bed and breakfast, so it has the comfort of a luxury hotel combined with all the quiet intimacy of a really excellent bed and breakfast. The large guest rooms have large private bathrooms. Everything is fresh and clean. Each room has its own theme, not kitschy, the themes are really nice. The proprietors have their own section of the house, since it was built with the intention of having guests. The proprietors really like to entertain, they are warm and engaging people. Everything is very well conceived. We watched the sun come up over the water from our bed, we walked out of our room onto the deck, and looked across the private miniature golf holes and gardens. It was a misty morning that was opening up into a sparkling day. We had a sumptuous homemade breakfast served upstairs overlooking the water. There are numerous spaces to relax, the spacious living room with big fish tank and fireplace, the bright and airy breakfast area, the reading area upstairs, your own room, outside on the deck, and an entire floor downstairs just for entertainment including a private theater, pool table, dart board, foosball table, an exercise room, and more. I don't enjoy being without the internet and there is wifi, my cel and laptop had no problems connecting and the connection speed was excellent.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2010

My husband and I wanted to get away for 2 nights and tried A Lighthouse on Hammersley at Shelton, Washington. We found a keeper! Relaxing and quiet. 4 themed bedrooms and all have a great views of the inlet. Breakfast was amazing and dinner was 4 courses for $20 and was excellent also. Very clean and Phil and Kelly were engaging hosts. Give it a shot and you won't regret it.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Yorkshire,England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2010

Wow! this must be one of the finest Bed and Breakfast houses in the World!

We were made very welcome on arrival even though we arrived 2 hours earlier than I had told them. The host gave us a full tour of the property and was very helpful in giving directions to a restaurant which he rang for us and asked them to keep a table with a view. The facilities in this one off building are out of this world and the house caters for everybody, young and old.
Sadly we were only staying for 1 night on our way from Seattle to Vancouver Island via the Car ferry at Port Angeles.
I had mentioned our holiday was a 25th Wedding Aniversary treat for my wife when I booked 9 months earlier but I didn't expect the bottle of champange provided at no extra cost. In the morning we had fresh coffee and homemade muffins provided in the kitchen ( who wouldn't be envious of this space ) for an early morning walk along the beach. On our return the Kelly served a great breakfast in the lovely upstairs lookout room with great 180 degree views to the sea inlet. Seals could be seen just off the beach and we were provided binochulors to watch them and the water traffic passing by. It was nice to have the easy sound of Kenny G in the background from the house sound system.
Nothing was too much trouble for the owners, you can relax in any part of the building and make yourself at home.The bedroom was huge and so comfortable with another great view. I was so sorry we had to leave after such a short stay. I wish the owners the great success they deserve with this venture.
If you are in the Seattle area please be sure to stay here for that special not to be missed experience of this fantastic building put together with so much love by the owners. Thank you for making this part of our trip so special.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to A Lighthouse on Hammersley Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!