“Shelton deserves better” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Shelton
Wenatchee, WA
“Shelton deserves better”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2008

Stayed at the Super 8 Shelton because the price was right and because it was the only major chain hotel in town.

The Good:

A Jack in the Box was right across the parking lot if you needed a quick bite

They did provide a very basic - I mean very basic - complimentary continental breakfast

The Not So Good:

Saw transients setting up camp for the night a few yards away from the hotel property. The desk clerk was aware of this as a long term issue and claimed they never caused any problems - though I was uneasy about my vehicle in the lot.

The non-smoking room had clearly been smoked in.

Very basic ameneties at all levels in the room

Overall - if you are on a tight budget this place will do, but it's basically a one star motel. I probably would go elsewhere next time.

Shelton would be well served by having another chain hotel/motel move in.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
cgs0617
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2008

Stayed at this hotel 2 weekends in a row... great place to stay. The hotel smelled extremely good (might be too much for someone with sensitive nose). Rooms were nice and comfortable. Location is good, a few food locations within a block of hotel.
As one other reviewer stated, the shower heads are pretty short. They were perfect for my 5'5" frame but any taller and you'd have to bend over. They only give you one large towel and and smaller towel so we kept calling for more towels (but they brought them very quickly).
The 2nd weekend we stayed on the second floor (room 249) and the drains were horrible!!!! you might as well have had both the sink and shower drains closed. By the time you finished a 10 minute shower, the water was close to your ankles.
The wireless internet didn't give us any problems, but the welcome binder states "internet only works on front half of building". We only stayed on that side both times, so I couldn't check it out.
No elevator so make sure you call ahead and reserve a downstairs room if you so desire.
Good experience, would definitely recommend.

• Liked — smell, cleanliness
  • Disliked — slow drains, no elevator
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bellingham
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2008

Last summer I booked a room for two nights at the Super 8 in order to attend a soccer tournament with my daughter. When I called the day before to confirm, I was told that there was no record of my reservation and they were fully booked for those nights. The hotel manager was not at all sympathetic or helpful. When I told her that they'd made a mistake, she replied, "Whatever." Given the limited places to stay in Shelton, this really put us in a bind. If you want to stay there, book the room well in advance, get a confirmation number and then call at least twice to confirm and re-confirm. Every time you telephone, get the name of the person y ou spoke with.

Stayed July 2007
Belfast, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2006

I had booked two rooms at this hotel for my party of five. On arrival they only had 1 room reserved for us and despite me showing them the two separate reservations they tried to say that I had sent an e-mail the previous day cancelling one of the rooms. I explained that I was from the UK and had been touring Canada and the USA for the past 8 days, the owner produced an e-mail with my second booking ref on it but no mention of a cancellation! They tried to get half of my party booked into another Super 8 Motel, 30 miles south of this one, and from where we had passed some time earlier (we were heading north to Port Angeles). After explaining that: 1. I only had one car. 2. If I had wanted to stay 30 miles south I would have booked that Super 8 in the first place and 3. I had no intention of going back south and then north again past Shelton the next morning. I explained that I had made my reservations 8 months in advance and had no intention of moving anywhere. Eventually they relented and gave us two rooms. The hotel was fully booked and so some other unlucky travels were in for a shock later that evening. The motel is located out of town, directly across from a Jack-in-the-Box fast food joint. Downtown Shelton is a 1950's smallville town, pretty to look at as you drive through but not worthing stopping in. We only stayed here to break the journey from Portland to Port Angeles and for that it was fine.

• Liked — Convenient location to break long journey
  • Disliked — Inefficiency of owner and inexperienced receptionist
  • Tips/Secrets — Re-confirm your reservation directly with the motel at least a day in advance
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2004

This motel off the Highway 101 had its limited amenties but the guest service was great. The overall motel condition was A+ and the newly remodeled rooms were very appealing. Customer Service was excellent along with the helpful staffs.
I would love to stay here again in my next trip to the pacific northwest.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2003

First of all, Hotel have attractive appeal from exterior with convenient location to both shopping malls and restaurants. Desk clerks including Management staff were very nice and willing to help guests with meeting guest's expectations. The room was very comfortable, clean, and had luxurious furnitures. My overall experience was A+! Thank you Super 8 Shelton! I'll stay again with you on my next vacation.

Been to Super 8 Shelton? Share your experiences!