“Good Value for Money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
Medford, OR
“Good Value for Money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2009

Good Value for money, clean and quiet. Very convenient location in center of town. Room was larger than expected, front desk person very nice and thought my dogs were cute. Not many frills like you find in a chain but still a good place to stay. Doesn't have interenet access but if you can live without that for the length of your stay, this is a good place to stay.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2009

We searched for a reasonably-priced motel in Sequim this past week. We went to several of the chain motels which seemed nice but too expensive. We ended up at the Sundowner Inn. It was very nice and reasonably priced, about $20 less than the others. I recommend it highly.

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Lakewood, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2009

Initially I was put off by some of the low ratings but was pleasantly surprised by the room, cleanliness, rate and especially the staff. The owner quoted me a great rate on just a phone call and delivered as promised when we rolled in. She went out of her way to make our stay pleasant, even providing a coffee maker to our room so we could fill thermos' up early the morning before leaving to go fishing. The rooms come with a refrig and microwave. The parking lot is very large and accommodated my 21' boat trailer and truck. By far the best rate in town. No, you won't get a complementary breakfast, but then again you won't pay twice the rate either. Perfect for fishing trips during halibut season. Will stay again in two weeks if the weather holds up!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Estonia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

My trip,to Sequim,Wa. was for V.A. doctors appointments, in Seattle,since I am a disabled Viet Nam veteran and I had flown,to SEATAC airport, from my home( I am an expat) in Eastern Europe for these important doctors appointments. (My intent was to stay at the Econo Lodge,in Sequim, but there was a band ,playing at the Casino in Sequim, that had rented 6 rooms in the Econo Lodge and I thought that after the band came home, after late night working at the Casino, they would be noisy.. so,I decided to stay at the Sundowner Motel, for only 2 nights, until the band left the Econo Lodge.) Instead of moving to the Econo Lodge, a few days after checking into the Sundowner Motel, I decided to stay in the Sundowner. The room prices was quite a bit cheaper,than Econo Lodge, and the room quality, ie, newer type TV, micro wave, refrigerator, were in very good condition , plus the room was very clean and quite, so I decided to stay the full week of my Sequim stay in the Sundowner Motel. The staff were all very kind and the Sundowner Motel owner, a nice lady, offered me a ride, in her car, to the Seattle VA, since she herself had to go to Seattle during my stay. She said 'I do not want any money from you!'. That is about a 40/45 mile trip and this saved me a lot of stress from taking local buses and ferrys to Seattle V.A. After a week, in Sundowner Motel, it was time to fly back to Tallinn, Estonia. I did not want to leave , I had such a pleasant stay. I asked the owner for long term rates and I most definitely will return to Sundowner Motel when I have more V.A appointments, next Winter, but this time, I intend to live there for several weeks. SARC (Sequim Aquatic Recreational Center) is only a few blocks away, and for my physical therapy, it will do me go to go to the swimming pool everyday while I am in Sequim. The Sequim Library has just been opened after being fully renovated and they have free internet computers for visitors to use. With the Safeway and pharmacy and restaurants so nearby Sundowner Motel, I do not need to rent a car. I am very happy that Sundowner Motel, a ''mom and pop'' business, gives me a choice other than the 'chain' hotels/motels in Sequim.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
Seattle WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2009

The room was really clean and the staff were great. I don't know what people expect for under $60.00 but our stay was fine.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2008

I was at the Sundowner in September of 2008 and found it very clean and the staff went out of thier way to be nice and helpful.
This was my first solo vacation and I chose this place because of price but was pleasently surprised. I had checked out and then decided to spend one more night. The only person in the office was the maintenance guy and he just gave me the key to the same room I had before and told me to just check with the office later! This gentlemen then told me about a festivale in Port Townsend for that day and recommended I go as the town was really nice. Took his advice and had a great afternoon!! The lady who runs the place took time to give me directions and advice when I checked out the next morning. Highly recommend this hotel!!

• Liked — The staff were great!
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kailua-Kona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

Our GPS steered us to the motel and we're glad it did. The rooms were clean, the beds were good, and the price was $20 less then some of the dumps on the Olympic Penninsula that the health department should close down. The owners bent over backwards to ensure we had a good stay, allowing us to use their ethernet connection when the wifi went down.

• Liked — Convenient to Olympic NP, Port Townsend, Victoria BC ferry
  • Disliked — Intermittent wifi, but owner allowed us to use their ethernet
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sundowner Motel? Share your experiences!