“Move on” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
Spokane, Wa
“Move on”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I had made reservations here so long ago, I kind of forgot where we were supposed to stay. So when we figured it out when we got to town we called and asked to confirm. The woman said, "I don't know, I have to wait for the manager to get back." Either way they had room anyway so we checked it. It was a non-smoking room and it smelled fine. Noticed right away, big black stains on one of the bed's blankets (the bedspreads were turned down). They looked like dark grease spots.

First thing hubby does it hit the bathroom and the toilet had no water in it. The water had been turned off to it because it was running. As it filled, I played with the chain and float and had the problem was fixed in 5 minutes. So who turned the water off? If it was the previous people, that means the toilet was not cleaned. If it was staff, that is pure laziness to just not fix the problem.

There were big smudge marks on the window and the mirror was filmy, smudgy and cleaned a bit in the middle. You could look at it to the side and see the filth. The thing that irritated me the most is that there was no screen on the window, so we could open the window while we were there but didn't dare leave it that way during the night. It was hot that day and the a/c worked so-so, had to leave it on all night without a window to open.

The room was quiet, heard no neighbors or traffic. I thought beds would be comfy but they weren't to me, too hard.

In the morning we were getting ready and had the door open. From looking in the mirror back to the door we could see a spider web built in the corner of the door. Gross!!!!!

For one night it was ok, but I sure wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: I serously don't think a good room can be found. The girl that checked us in said this was her...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Papillion, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We were traveling up Hwy 101 and found the Sundowner Motel to stop. Very few cars in lot. Lady checked us in and when we got in the room we found extra pillows stacked on the open closet shelf, pictures stacked on the floor that looked like they were taken out of other rooms, mold on the shower curtain, no ceiling plate on bathroom light/fan, hard beds, and an a/c that didn't cool very well. Motel does not offer any type of breakfast. Since we were in late and only there to sleep (checked the beds and they were clean but hard) we spent the night and left early the next day. Saw other motels as we were leaving we wished we would have checked out. Left the manager a note telling her the problems and that we were posting on tripadvisor. Do not stay at this motel.

Room Tip: Stay at another motel to get a good room.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

My agency placed me in this motel for approximately one and one half weeks. The owner/manager encouraged me to view the room and if it were unacceptable to check back with her to find me a better fit.
The room I chose had a queen size bed that was very comfortable, a fridge and microwave that worked. My room was in a location felt safe. That was my first time using a motel for work purpose and not vacation purpose. The only thing I think I would do different is ask for a kitchenettes. Staying longer than just a few days would have been nice to cook my own food.
While there I developed a friendly relationship with the owner/manager and her staff and see how hard they work to make these rooms as comfortable as they can for us. They are all so pleasant.
It was such a good experience I think my husband and I will be taking our honeymoon there soon!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
luv2journey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

After a long trip, with several wonderful stays at different places, we had the unfortunate experience of checking out the Sundowner Motel. We checked in with some trepidation, looked at the room and noticed the floor was not vacuumed adequately. The owner gave us another room, sounds good. On checking out the new room, we find that the bed looks like it had been slept in, rumpled sheets and pillowcase, there is trash not emptied from the trash can, and wet towels on the counter. That was enough to send us running. The owner agreed to refund our payment...all good we thought. We'll just need to find another place to stay. But that wasn't the end. As we are enjoying dinner with a friend, my sister receives a call from the motel accusing us of using the towels, taking a shower, sleeping in the bed, and to cap it off, leaving hypodermic needles under the bed, all in the 5 - 10 minutes we were checking out the room. They then charged us for the room saying we used it. We are in the process of clearing up the charge, but a word to the wise, stay far, far away from this place.

Honolulu, Hawaii
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

This place was awful! The price was good so I stopped and got a room. When I entered, there was fruit loops on the floor...obviously the room was never cleaned. I went back to the front desk and she apologized and gave me a different room. This room was worse than the first. The bedding was never changed. There were wet towels and wash clothes on the counter and trash in the basket. The closet was stacked with old pictures so it was unusable. I went back to the front desk and she refunded my credit card and I left. About 30 minutes later, I received a call from the motel saying they were going to charge my card because I used the room...which I did not. They said that the towels were used and the shower was wet. I didn't take a shower much less anything else in the room. They also said they found hypodermic needles under the bed. I didn't see those because I didn't look under the bed. I called my credit card company and they did charge my card again. Unbelievable! I will, of course, dispute the charge but wanted to warn anyone thinking of staying there to BEWARE.

Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

The sundowner motel was a very clen and affordable motel. The staff was very nice and room was very clean. I would really reccomend this motel. Me and family would stay here again.

Room Tip: Upstairs rooms are the best
Ladysmith, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Thank-you:) We'd been driving since 9:00 a.m. from Ashland, Oregon. We thought we might make Port Angeles, but were too tired. I Thank Mrs. Patel for opening her door to us. She even gave us deal. The Motel was very clean and perfect for us for the night. We crashed and didn't hear a thing until we woke at 7:00. If you haven't seen the town of Sequim, WOW, its huge! When we drove out the next day we couldn't believe how big it was. It has everything. We were only 15 miles short of our ferry trip, but I was really glad we stayed at the Sundowner. Regenerated and ready to go! Thanks so much:)

Room Tip: I don't know the room number, but we were in the corner (105, 107?).
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sundowner Motel? Share your experiences!