“Good for family trip” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Sequim
Seattle, Washington
“Good for family trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Good location by the highway. Just one hour from the Olympic Mountains National Park. Sequim is quite big (?) city which has everything you need. The hotel is a bit off from the city center.
Pro: Room was clean and staff members were all friendly and helpful. Pool was warm and clean.
Con: Really loud room heater. You may have to get up a couple of times to adjust the room heater settings.
Breakfast was good, especially the waffle maker. However, hot food items had already gone when we arrived at the restaurant, which was 20 minutes before the end time. The servers started to clean up the area although there were several guests having breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
SQIAS, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, Sequim, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I will pass on your input to the manager so Quality Inn can continue to improve. Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed at this 7 year old Quality Inn for 5 nights because of business. When I checked in, a gift bag was waiting for me, as I am a Choice Privileges member. The room was clean, quiet, non-smoking with 2 queens, a fridge, and microwave. Breakfast was very nice - cereals, hard boiled eggs, yogurts, pastries, hot waffles, juices, coffee, teas, bacon, eggs, and biscuits and gravy, plus some fresh fruit. Indoor pool was a bit cool, but the hot tub was great. Friendly staff. I will return!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
SQIAS, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn and Suites, Sequim, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again. :)
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Rooms clean, front desk helpful and pleasant and breakfast better than most.

Stayed there while visiting the Olympic Peninsula. We looked around for a hotel. Visited the Holiday Inn Express, but much too expensive for a HIE, so we found the new QI. It was nice. Front Desk Person, Chloe, was very helpful

Room Tip: Price was better than Holiday Inn Suites in same town
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
We hope you enjoyed your trip to the Olympic Peninsula. Thanks for your review.
Berwick, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We stayed here two nights in October, 2012, to attend a wedding. The front desk staff were very nice and friendly and also helpful. The room was quite clean. We stayed on the first floor and had a view of a steel storage building immediately behind the hotel, but is kept out any noise there may have been from the highway and gave us tons of privacy! The breakfast here was very good, a hot breakfast with eggs, sausage gravy, waffles, cereals and so forth. A really good value. My little girls loved the pool.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your review. So glad you enjoyed the pool and it sounds like your tip in general. :)
TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I walked in off the street to get a room here, and the lady at the front desk (Jenny) was so friendly and even gave us a great rate. The room was very clean and comfortable, although the bed is a little on the hard side. They have a very nice laundry room for guests, too (it's on the 2nd floor).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Glad you found us, hope to see you again.
Thanks for your review,
Jenny ;)
Washington the state
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

It is a just big box, but convenient. It is pet friendly for $20. Which brings up this issue. Why do accommodations charge extra for pets but not for toddlers? Our pets are house trained, obedient and quieter than many toddlers and kept on leashes and not left alone in the rooms. So why the penalty when we get inferior rooms, usually in older and less desirable locations? Our room faced the back of storage lockers 12 feet away. We were close to the back door to the dog area so it was convenient. The room had refrigerator and microwave, two queen beds and plenty of room. I also noticed handicap rooms with doorbells down the hallway. The breakfast was in a nice large room with typical, eggs, bacon, biscuits/gravy, waffle, pastry,coffe, juice, etc. It was clean and well staffed. There is wifi plus a business center, indoor pool, exercise facility. All in all, a good stay, a good rest.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sounds like you have some great pets! We love them all here at the Sequim Quality Inn but some of them can be messy. We do extra cleaning anytime a pet checks out of a room due to the possibility the next guest has allergies. However if we did not tell you, you would never know you were in a pet room.
Also, please feel free to request a room on the front side of the hotel.
Thanks for the review.
Washington State
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I did a search for a pet friendly hotel in the Sequim area and this one was 20.00 a night extra for a pet, and the Sequim Bay Lodge was 10.00. After reading the reviews for both (Bay Lodge much further out of town and basically no breakfast) I chose this one for closeness and a hot breakfast included. Well I paid for that breakfast for sure since the hotel was considerably more than the Bay Lodge and the pet free higher.

Pros: Friendly staff at front desk. Room was clean, as were the linens. Breakfast is both a pro and a con. Good variety of choices for breakfast with an early start at 6:30 which is good for me. But I basically felt I did pay a higher price to have a "free" hot breakfast and it wasn't hot.

Cons: I was told there was a walking trail on the side of the hotel for the pets. It is a spread of gravel around what is basically a really small patch of grass with a picnic table for the smokers to sit on and a garbage can for picking up your dog waste. No "walking" trail at all, though I guess you could walk around the side of the grass 10 times in a minute and call that a walk. There are walking trails you can drive to. But I was told one was right there at the hotel.

Also: you sign a piece of paper that says you will pay a fine of $100 if you leave your pet alone in the hotel room. I totally understand why they would do this. I would never leave my pet alone unleashed and unrestrained in a strange room. However, my dog has a crate. It has a solid bottom, sides and a top with a few slits, and heavy wire mesh across the front. He can't get out and cannot touch anything in the room and he is "silent" when he is in his crate. I asked if I could just leave him in his crate. Nope. I do understand some dogs are not well trained. Mine is, and he's been tested to see if he is truly silent. I do understand rules though so I packed him up and his crate every time I had to leave the room. Very inconvenient. Plus he had to be in the car then in warm weather. I told my friends I couldn't go out to dinner.

Breakfast: I was there right at 6:35 just a few minutes after they opened up. There was only one other person there at first besides me. The gravy was stone cold and had a scummy hard top like it had been set out the night before or was leftover from the day before. There were literally 5 tiny tiny biscuits in the domed lid. I took two, what were others supposed to do? The bacon was good, crispy, but again, not very much in the pan. I took one piece, the guy behind me took 5. If they aren't going to put out very much food, you shouldn't be greedy. The eggs were truly horrible, fake eggs, tasted terrible, good thing I only took a small teaspoon of them (there was a quantity of eggs, guess those are cheap haha). Good fresh bagels, bread and muffins with all the fixings. Waffles looked good, but seemed to take a long time so I didn't have one. I wouldn't call this a great hot breakfast but they did have a variety of choices. Oh, and there were like 4 cups of yogurt in a small mini fridge. I had one cup, which left 3. They had juice, coffee, tea.

The room: Had a flat screen tv, which was nice, the room was clean (that is a plus when you stay in a pet room, some hotels don't clean very well, and though my pet is well behaved and clean, some pets are not). The bed was a bit too firm (typical hotel bed) and the pillows were horrible. They may have done some updates, but the pillows seem to be leftovers from about 20 years ago. Tiny, squashed, the stuffing had simply bunched up from many washings and were terribly uncomfy. I need to remember to bring my own pillows! I had a view from the room of the back of a storage unit. The downstairs rooms are noisy,(all the pet rooms are downstairs) I could hear everything from the rooms around me and in the halls. I left the fan running for "white noise".

I probably would stay elsewhere in Sequim next time and get a sitter for my dog. Though I do like him to travel with me.

Room Tip: Try to get a room upstairs, though if you have a pet, those rooms are only on the ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
We are sorry you had these issues. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. We have taken your comments to heart and are focusing on improving.
Keep the reviews coming so we know what we can improve for you!

Been to Quality Inn and Suites, Sequim? Share your experiences!