“Fantastic” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 11 Sequim B&B and Inns
Federal Way, Washington
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I needed a weekend away and a place to stay while we brewery hopped in the area, so I booked Lost Mountain Lodge…and boy am I glad I did. The staff is ridiculously friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable, they will truly go above and beyond to make you happy. The food is great, all home cooked and delicious (plus they have an espresso machine, coffee pots, tea, and much more). The scenery is beautiful, but is that really something that needs to be said when you're traveling in Western Washington? It's all gorgeous! We stayed in the Moonbeam suite and had a lovey, romantic weekend. There's a fireplace in the bedroom and plenty of space, king size bed was downright wonderful. Everything was clean and well kept in the entire house, it feels like home. They have a hot tub with no curfew, so we got to go out and enjoy the snow under a full moon with a mug of beer in hand…it was just amazing. There is SO MUCH TO DO, if you don't know the area- just ask the staff and they'll basically plan an entire day for you AND give you food and drinks for your travels! I cannot give enough high praise to Lost Mountain Lodge and everything they have to offer, if you're in the area, you'd be crazy not to spend time here.

Room Tip: Moonbeam suite is above the Creekside suite, so you can hear the people under you…and they can hear...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dwight H, Owner at Lost Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Please come back and stay with us again.

Dwight

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I wanted a weekend away from our two young children and saw a Groupon for Lost Mountain Lodge (LML). This was our first bed and breakfast adventure, and I am happy to report it was a wonderful experience. The staff (Dwight, Kathy and I cannot remember the chef's name) were genuine and thoughtful. I had mentioned it was my husband's birthday weekend and they left us cupcakes to enjoy. The breakfast was absolutely delicious. My only complaint is that it is served too early for parents of young kids who only dream of sleeping in. :) But it was worth it for me to get up for breakfast and go back to sleep. They have sodas, bottled water and popcorn among other treats available for guests, which made up for not having a fridge in the room. We stayed in Creekside, which has a bathroom about as big as the bedroom. The bathroom opens up to the porch that us set up with a privacy fence. If the weather were warmer it would be a lovely place to relax in the evening.

• Stayed January 2014
Dwight H, Owner at Lost Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us as your first Bed and Breakfast experience.
We look forward to having you stay with us again and will adjust our breakfast time to let you sleep in and enjoy a peaceful and restful stay.
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We went to Lost Mountain Lodge for a couple nights for my birthday. The bedroom (Sunnyview) was large and comfortable, with a great view towards the mountains. Very friendly and informative welcome by Dwight. If the weather was a little warmer we would probably have got outside to do a little more exploring of the grounds. Breakfasts were a little rich and high cal for our tastes, but delicious. Best surprise was when we returned at night there were two cupcakes and a birthday card in our room!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dwight H, Owner at Lost Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Thank your staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your special day with us.
Please come back and visit us again.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

This is a beautiful B&B, lovely location, large clean rooms, excellent quality breakfast. The personnel operating this accommodation were friendly, helpful and polite throughout booking and during our stay. We would certainly visit again and recommend this B&B.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dwight H, Manager at Lost Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Please come bakc and stay with us soon.
Tacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We had a lovely, peaceful, delightful stay. There is nature all around - the lodge and guest houses sit on 10 acres. The rooms are beautiful and spacious! Breakfast is delicious and generous. The host, chef, and manager are all extremely helpful, courteous, and friendly. We highly recommend it and look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dwight H, Owner at Lost Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
We are so glad you had a wonderful time staying with us. I will share your comments with our entire staff.
We hope you will come back again and stay in the near future.
Take care,
Maple Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I loved our time at the Lost Mountain Lodge. Our first time we stayed in Sunnyview room upstairs and loved it. It was a quick visit -- just overnight. I was at Camp Parsons (BSA Camp) in Quilcene for the week and found myself with an extra leader in the middle of the week so I called my wife and said, "Wanna meet me in Sequim for the night?" I quickly searched for a romantic place somewhere. Normally a two night stay is required. Dwight understood the situation and gave me a great deal. We literally checked in an hour later. My wife and I had an awesome visit and before we left made plans to spend our anniversary in the Creekside Suite. We returned in November for that purpose and added an in room massage for both of us. Our entire weekend was incredible and the massage was top notch!

One thing I loved was when we sat down to breakfast, our host had remembered that I was gluten and egg free and had prepared a special meal for me! :)

Room Tip: I loved both rooms. Creekside is obviously the most exquisite with the huge bathroom, shower, and f...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dwight H, Owner at Lost Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you again for staying with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your Anniversary with us!!
Please come back and stay with us again.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

We had a wonderful, romantic weekend in Sequim and our stay at Lost Mountain Lodge was a large part of the reason the weekend was so great. The accommodations, staff and scenery were exactly what I was hoping for. We stayed in the Creekside room which had a HUGE dual head shower, soaker tub, fireplace that faced the bedroom and the tub, a bed I wish I could have taken home with us and deck access to the hot tub. The staff was very helpful about answering questions and providing suggestions about the area. Lastly I need to make a point of saying that breakfast is now ruined for me. There is no way I can make a breakfast as delicious as what was prepared for me here.

Saying all this, I'd like to point out that we were the only ones in the house. Slow time of year for traveling so I expected everything to be dialed back but just as much effort was put into our stay as it seemed would have been put in if all rooms were booked. I also had a chance to speak with the owner and I thought his ideas on how to make the facility even better were very insightful and he had a good mind for how to make it more than just a place to stay.

If I'm back in the area I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: I can't speak for the other rooms but the Creekside room was amazing!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dwight H, Owner at Lost Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay here at Lost Mountain Lodge. We look forward to your return. I will share your comments with our Chef and the entire staff.
Take care

Been to Lost Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!