“Nothing else like it” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Gate Keeper's Castle

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sequim
The Gate Keeper's Castle
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Olympia, Washington
“Nothing else like it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

This hidden gem is like nothing you will find anywhere else. How often can one say that they stayed the night in a castle? Someone obviously had a dream and had made it come true. If you are visiting the Olympic Peninsula, I would highly recommend adding a little fantasy to your trip by staying at The Gatekeeper's Castle.

It is only about 5 miles or so from the Seven Cedars Casino and 25 minutes from Port Townsend. It was a great springboard for my visit with all my destinations within an hour of the Castle. Hurricane Ridge, The Dungeness Spit, Port Townsend and Sequim. The proprietors were warm, inviting and entertaining as all get out. They have my return business on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

18 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Port Townsend, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very relaxing, quiet and comfortable place to stay. I love the Fantasy aspect of this place that made me feel like I was in my own world.... Thank you Josie... I would recommend Gate Keepers to everyone.

Room Tip: Choose the Beowulf room in the dungeon...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

My husband booked this for our anniversary. This was such an amazing get away. We have stayed twice now and had the dungeon to ourselves for both the weekends. The first time we drove up to the castle and seen the Gates, I couldn't believe I was going to be able to stay in such a high end property. Upon entering, I was swept away with the pleasant and peaceful elegance of the interior designs. By the end of our weekend I didn't want to leave. Therefore, booking another weekend was already on our minds and soon came back. We spent more time exploring the neighboring Trolls and beach access. The caretakers are such nice people and meeting additional travelers was refreshing. We will return again and again.

Room Tip: We are all about the Dungeon for the weekend!!! Romantic, Private and Peaceful. The upper tower roo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Once the castle came into view with the Starits of Juan De Fuca behind it we became very excited. The rolling fields and outer buildings surrounding the castle were intriging and made us feel like we stepped back in time into a small Renaissance town. We hoped to see Dragons and were so pleased to pull to the dragon gates. Merlin and other whimsical sculptures nestled into the beautiful breath taking gardens started the fantasy for us. Troll Haven was enchanting and let our imaginations soar. The grounds also offer a beautiful meditation garden with sculptures of long ago; perfect for healing and walking the labyrinth path. Entering the castle and being welcomed by the Lady and Lord of the Castle was warm and inviting. Entering into the castle you find yourself in rich dark wood work sculpted atmosphere, there is beautiful sculpted winding staircase which peaked our curiousity, and huge hearth with a roaring fire. Tthe decor exudes the ambiance of old period classic furnishings. We were given a tour of the castle to check out the different themed bedrooms to stay in. Upstairs is a enormous grand bedroom exquisitly furnished deep rich wood craved furniture. The room offers a balcony that over sees the grounds, perfect for wanting the Rennaisance eras fantasy. This the room that beautiful winding staircase comes to.The room also has an enormous soaking tub perfect for two. There were a couple more smaller cozier rooms upstairs as well for different experiences. Next we off down the grand staircase to the Dungeons. Here we had several choices of rooms tastefully decorated with the all the appropriate tantalizing "paraphenalia" one can imagine. The Dungeon offers an even larger soaking relaxing sunk in tub. The pictures and paintings of men in armour and ladies in full garb from different Renaissance eras made the experience more real. I felt at home wearing my period costumes. Everywhere we looked there was more to explore that intrigued us and gave us the impression of going back in time. I must say we planned our next adventure at the Castle before we left. A weekend at the Castle rejuvenated us, our relationship and our imaginations! I recommend the Castle for couples who want to renew their relationship and fulfill their fantasies. We are planning a group trip with friends and considering a Renaissance family reunion. The grounds are expanse and offer so many different immenities to accomodate groups who enjoy partaking in the Renaisaance gala. If you prefer or enjoy whimsical fantasies with like trolls, gnomes, pixies and fairies you will find what you are looking for at the Gatekeepers Castle. For those who just want to get a way and be themselves the Castle's accomodations are perfect. Great shopping and restaurant experiences are close by in the main city of Sequim, WA. I must add that the Lady and Lord MacLeod were so warm and inviting. They enhanced our time there with their great personalities and good conversation.

Room Tip: We were fickle when it came to choosing a room!! So decided on the Dungeon, and will experience upst...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

My family and I had such a great time. The hosts were amazing and friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. There is so much to do in the area. Theres a short walk to a private beach. The sunrise and sunset is breath taking. I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed January 2013

Been to The Gate Keeper's Castle? Share your experiences!