“Great Atmosphere” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #30 of 77 Restaurants in Sequim
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: Located next to Holiday Inn Express Hotel, the Black Bear Diner is dedicated to providing the very best food and service anywhere. You'll enjoy delicious family meals, perfect burgers, frosty shakes, and healthful salads. we'll treat you like we invited you over for diner! Enjoy outside seating on our deck in the Sequim sunshine.
Port Angeles, Washington, United States
“Great Atmosphere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

First time eating at the Black Bear Diner in Sequim. I liked the atmosphere in there. Cozy, charming and welcoming. Waitress Melanie, was efficient and friendly. The breakfast was tasty delicious - California Benny with red potatoes - very filling.

One draw back. Supposedly they give out newspapers but when we asked for one, the male waiter said he would get one and never came back. I went up to the counter to ask for one. They did not have, or did not give out, the Sunday paper. I was given an extra one a customer had left behind.

I would choose this restaurant again. Perhaps dinner next time.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bret W, Owner at Black Bear Diner, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Pauline, We are so glad that you thought we were cozy, charming and welcoming and that your server, Melanie, was efficient and friendly. I like the California Eggs Benedict too! But please allow me to clarify our "Good News" special. You receive a free daily newspaper, the Peninsula Daily News, with your breakfast order Monday through Friday and not on the weekends. Sorry if that was not clear. So please come back any weekday morning and enjoy a value-priced breakfast special, or anything else off our menu, and we'll have your copy of the Peninsula Daily News waiting for you!

Sequim, WA
“We won't be returning....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

We live in Sequim and don't go out to often for breakfast but decided to on this foggy day. We know how large the portions are so we decided to split an order of corned beef hash, which is a real a treat for my husband. We waited in the entrance for 10 to 15 minutes, not bad. We were taken to our table and we were in the restaurant one hour and forty minutes. We were just getting up to leave when the waitress came by and said oh, I'm on my way to get your order. The corned beef was stringy, not to mention cold; we ordered hash browns and got got country potatoes, scrambled eggs were good & the biscuit was the best part. We only got one refill of coffee. My husband said we're never coming back here, this is unacceptable. She knew we unhappy and said I'd go in there and cook myself if I could, nothing I can do. I thought of a few things she could have done, give us another coffee refill, (they must have a limit) maybe a bowl of fruit, and most of all she should have taken something off the total bill.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
BlackBearDiner, Owner at Black Bear Diner, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
We are very sorry about the mistakes that we made with your order! It looks as though you were overlooked for awhile and that your order was not accurate. We sincerely apologize for our mistakes, and yes, you should have been offered other menu items or items should have been deducted from your bill. Thank you for bringing these concerns to our attention. At Black Bear Diner, you should expect efficient, friendly service, all of the coffee that you'd like, and hot tasty food delivered to you in a timely fashion. Please give us another try and let us know if you do not experience high Black Bear standards for service and food.
Auburn, Washington
“Very good breakfast value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had dinner at a Black Bear in Redding, CA last year and it was good comfort diner food. Today we had breakfast at the BB in Sequim, WA. For $8.99 I got the Volcano; three tasty pancakes, two eggs, two BIG sausages, and two slices of thick bacon. That's a good deal and it was good. Two waitresses took care of us. They were friendly, kept the water glasses and coffee mugs full, and our food came quickly. We'd go to BB again for breakfast, lunch, or dinner as I am a fan of diner comfort food at a reasonable price.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bret W, Owner at Black Bear Diner, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Dear Road Trip E, Glad you enjoyed your breakfast. Stop in again. We're partnering with the Peninsula Daily News and so you receive a free local newspaper with your weekday breakfast. Perhaps you'll like your experience even more! Sincerely Bret W - Owner
Colbert, Washington
“Excellent value dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife, and my sister, and mi wife's sister had a Wonderful meal and great evening at the Black Bear Diner. They have a good selection on the menu. The prices are very reasonable, but the size of the portions for the price paid make this establishment an excellent value. The wonderful staff made the experience just that much more enjoyable.

Visited October 2013
“We won't be returning”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were told this was a great place to eat. Our food tasted like a reheated frozen meal and our waitress was in la-la land. We almost left but decided to stick it out since we heard the food was good...it wasn't.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
We are very sorry that you did not enjoy your food at our diner and that your server did not provide you with excellent customer service. Much of our menu is prepared fresh daily at our diner. We are sorry that we did not live up to our high standards for good food and service for you. Thank you for letting us know about your dining experience, and we will use your feedback to improve our service and to assure that our food is fresh and tasty.