“Thank you!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sequim
The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast
Save Saved
You added The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
42 Marine Drive, Sequim, WA 98382   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Sequim B&B and Inns
Frankfurt, Germany
“Thank you!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

We only had this one day on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula and chose Bertas B&B to spend the night.
We we were totally overwhelmed by how beautiful and quiet this wonderful place is.
Berta welcomed us warmly and took care of all our needs. We had a wonderful, peaceful night, a good, long walk at the water and took so many unforgetable memories back to Germany.

Thank you again and we´ll definitely be back in early summer to see the beautiful lavender bloom.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SequimFigaro, Owner at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for the lovely compliments. I look forward to your next visit when the lavender is in bloom.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed the hospitality of Berta & the Dungeness Barnhouse. The place is a wonderful getaway for weary Seattlelites who are ready to hide away and enjoy a little bit of the rainshadow during the winter. It was the perfect nook to relax after a day of snowshoeing on Hurricane Ridge...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
SequimFigaro, Owner at The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you so very much for posting the stunning photos of your snowshoeing adventure on Hurricane Ridge and visiting the "barnhouse".
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Another couple of days w Berta, I think I would have. The B&B is situated in a quiet corner of the world w views of the mountains to the south and view of Dungeness Bay and beyond to the north. We had the downstairs room for 6 nights. The bed was extremely comfortable and the bath quite spacious. Berta is a great hostess and terrific cook. She spoiled us w her breakfast creations every morning. The gardens were beautiful and full of color even in October. Her great room was a nice place to spend a couple evenings reading and sipping a glass of wine. Again, the views here are great. We look forward to another stay w Berta in the coming year(s).

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so happy that you enjoyed your visit. Your picture of "Pumpkin Girl" at sunset is priceless.....
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Seriously! 5 stars is not enough for The Dungeness Barn House B&B or Berta. They were both wonderful.
I read all the reviews and they are spot on correct and more. I was excited to return home and be able to add my name to the list of reviewers. The Barn House was amazing. The view , the location, the gardens, the food , the bed (oh! such a good sleep!), the Great Room, the coffee, the WiFii. Oh I could go on. But the hostess, Berta, was the most amazing part of the Barn House B&B. She is the heart of the this place. She is amazing. She is inspiring. A Master Gardener, a gourmet chef, a conversationalist extraordinaire (I'm afraid I chattered her ear off). Again, I could go on and not get close to being accused of over exaggerating. ( But - just to be clear. She is not overbearing type at all! Not at all. If you are the B&B guest that just wants your privacy - she would leave you be. She is not one to impose herself. I just found myself seeking her out.)
Anyway, Berta's optimism and enthusiasm was contagious. This vacation for us has renewed our excitement for our own home and garden and kitchen. We were only there for 3 days but are now making plans to do it again this spring.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sending the photos of your garden and patio changes. I too find inspiration on my travels for what I create in my gardens.
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Dungeness Barnhouse was wonderful! My husband and I wished we had more time there! The view was amazing, the breakfast was outstanding and Berta is a delightful host with wonderful accommodations. Berta's garden is delightful, peaceful and the hot tub a wonderful remedy for our sore bodies after strenuous hiking! We hope to go back again!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

Berta was a terific host. The property was beautiful. From the garden surrounding the home to the private beachfront she owns accross the street (with two Kayaks available). We enjoyed the wonderful breakfasts and the drinks and snacks that she had available for us in the upstairs common room. She was extremely helpful to us in picking out good restaurants, and helping us plan our trips to Hurricane Ridge, the wineries, Cape Flatery on the Pacific Coast, and Forks. The hardest thing was leaving.

Room Tip: The downstairs bedroom has a great waterview, is large, and has a great memory foam bed.
Chula Vista, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I had the great pleasure of staying at this lovely Bed & Breakfast for four nights recently and couldn’t have been more impressed. The proprietor, Berta, is a wonderful person and a gracious hostess. Her breakfasts were amazing. She used fresh, organic produce as much as possible, and we had fresh, free range organic eggs every morning in a new and delicious creation. She introduced us to different kind of melon (I can’t remember the name) from the area that looked like cantaloupe but tasted a little different and I loved it! We had fresh, local grown berries for our breakfast in fresh baked muffins and “appetizers”; as well as a fresh lemon meringue pie one evening. She even gave me the recipe for the crust, which was made with vodka and wonderful! It was lemony and flaky and we had it for our desert that evening.

The grounds are absolutely beautiful! There is a garden in the back that you can wander through and find several spots in which to sit. A pond with Koi & large goldfish, a beautiful fountain, several other water features throughout the yard, and rose bushes everywhere! There is also a large vegetable garden that Berta maintains, using many of the organic herbs and vegetables in her cooking. There is also a garden in the front with lots of lavender plants ringing the yard.

Berta has two sweet King Charles Spaniels (Figgy & Holly) and a friendly cat (Pumpkin) that helped me get my “pet-fix” since I always miss my dog and cats when we go on vacation.

The bedroom we stayed in and the Great room, both upstairs, were beautifully and tastefully decorated with antiques in every nook and cranny (literally!) and shell displays that gave you that “coastal” feeling in keeping with the location right on the water. The views from the great room were fabulous, with the Strait of Juan de Fuca right in front of us with cruise ships and container ships passing by. Another reviewer mentioned the eagle’s nest close to the B&B – we saw one of the adult eagles sitting in a tree right near the nest!

Our bedroom was cozy too, with a very comfortable bed, and sheets that felt like you were sleeping between two layers of velvet. I had to ask where she had gotten them. They are “Spalena” sheets and available exclusively on the internet and now I have to get some! They are very pricey, but well worth it. The towels were luxurious as well. The shower has a stained glass window in it that is absolutely gorgeous in the morning with the sun shining through it. Everything about this B&B is top-notch. Berta is an artist and an inspiration, and we appreciate her welcoming us into her lovely home. We agree with every reviewer that has said what a caring hostess Berta is! I will add that she is also an inspiring woman, with her background and accomplishments. This lovely B&B is a testament to her energy, resiliency, and positive attitude. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Upstairs room has great views and a unique shower experience - beautiful stain glass window with sun...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!