“Wonderful B&B, Loved Berta” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sequim
The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast
You added The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
42 Marine Drive, Sequim, WA 98382   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Sequim B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Chula Vista, California
“Wonderful B&B, Loved Berta”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

My husband and I had the great pleasure of staying at this lovely Bed & Breakfast for four nights recently and couldn’t have been more impressed. The proprietor, Berta, is a wonderful person and a gracious hostess. Her breakfasts were amazing. She used fresh, organic produce as much as possible, and we had fresh, free range organic eggs every morning in a new and delicious creation. She introduced us to different kind of melon (I can’t remember the name) from the area that looked like cantaloupe but tasted a little different and I loved it! We had fresh, local grown berries for our breakfast in fresh baked muffins and “appetizers”; as well as a fresh lemon meringue pie one evening. She even gave me the recipe for the crust, which was made with vodka and wonderful! It was lemony and flaky and we had it for our desert that evening.

The grounds are absolutely beautiful! There is a garden in the back that you can wander through and find several spots in which to sit. A pond with Koi & large goldfish, a beautiful fountain, several other water features throughout the yard, and rose bushes everywhere! There is also a large vegetable garden that Berta maintains, using many of the organic herbs and vegetables in her cooking. There is also a garden in the front with lots of lavender plants ringing the yard.

Berta has two sweet King Charles Spaniels (Figgy & Holly) and a friendly cat (Pumpkin) that helped me get my “pet-fix” since I always miss my dog and cats when we go on vacation.

The bedroom we stayed in and the Great room, both upstairs, were beautifully and tastefully decorated with antiques in every nook and cranny (literally!) and shell displays that gave you that “coastal” feeling in keeping with the location right on the water. The views from the great room were fabulous, with the Strait of Juan de Fuca right in front of us with cruise ships and container ships passing by. Another reviewer mentioned the eagle’s nest close to the B&B – we saw one of the adult eagles sitting in a tree right near the nest!

Our bedroom was cozy too, with a very comfortable bed, and sheets that felt like you were sleeping between two layers of velvet. I had to ask where she had gotten them. They are “Spalena” sheets and available exclusively on the internet and now I have to get some! They are very pricey, but well worth it. The towels were luxurious as well. The shower has a stained glass window in it that is absolutely gorgeous in the morning with the sun shining through it. Everything about this B&B is top-notch. Berta is an artist and an inspiration, and we appreciate her welcoming us into her lovely home. We agree with every reviewer that has said what a caring hostess Berta is! I will add that she is also an inspiring woman, with her background and accomplishments. This lovely B&B is a testament to her energy, resiliency, and positive attitude. We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Upstairs room has great views and a unique shower experience - beautiful stain glass window with sun...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Battle Ground, WA USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

We arrived here after a few days traveling. Roberta is so proud of her place, and deservingly so. Two hundred roses, dozens of lavender in bloom in the front, incredible vistas, great food, warm hospitality while giving you the space you want too. Loved every minute. There was an eagle's nest within 300 yards of the house with 2 young eagles learning to fly. We loved taking their pictures. Breakfast was always special. I asked her to show us her 2 Cavalier Spaniels, which were a delight too. The coy pond, the gardens, the beds, everything was amazing. Amazing vista of the Strait and Spit, especially from the upstairs living room. Near the Dungeness Spit, nearby to the places we wanted to go to - the Game Farm, Hurricane Ridge and more. Well done, Berta. We definitely are coming back. No problems, no complaints. The best.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

If you want a romantic seaside getaway, the Dungeness Barn House B&B delivers. The beautiful gardens, the views of the Strait, the wildlife, the proximity to several small charming towns and Olympic National Park all add up to one wonderful place to stay. We were able to go up to Hurricane Ridge and see the glaciers in the morning and then spent a delightful afternoon browsing the art galleries in Port Townsend, followed by a delicious al fresco dinner at the Belmont Hotel and Restaurant. Berta's breakfasts are indeed a thing of beauty - both to the eye and the taste buds! I don't think I will ever be able to enjoy Eggs Benedict at a restaurant again now that I've been spoiled by Berta's Eggs Benedict on her homemade biscuits. This was a wonderful way to wrap up our trip to the Pacific Northwest and we highly recommend Dungeness Barn House B&B.

Room Tip: We had the upstairs room which has lovely views of both the gardens and the Strait.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
st. paul, minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just came back from Sequim. Wonderful stay at the Barn house. Berta was such a good host. She treated us so good that we did not want to leave. My daughter loved the little sleeping area Berta set for her, and she especially loved the "princess tower". My daughter was a very picky eater, but she loved Berta's foods. We will stay in this B&B again in a heart beat.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

We stayed at the Dungeness Barnhouse back in June and had a wonderful time. The location is just the start of great things about this B&B, the food was amazing and Berta takes everything to the next level. She was a great hostess and wonderful cook. We look forward to our next trip out there to explore the Olympic Peninsula and relax at the Barn House.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

Finding the Barn House made the difference between a very forgettable night in a hotel on the strip and a memory that will bring us back again very soon. Hopefully with friends to take advantage of the wonderdul common room - a perfect family or small group setup. It's clear that Berta takes great pride in and derives great joy from hosting and spoiling her guests. She should. She has done great work here, and I suspect she's only getting started.

• Stayed August 2012
Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Arrived at Berta's exhausted from a bike ride from Victoria BC. She drove me (insisted!) to great place for supper, and insisted she pick me up too. Her kindness, generosity, and genuine caring nature made me feel that I was with "family". The views.... undescribably beautiful, has to be seen to be believed. I will go back, again, and again, and again!! The "extras", the food, the comfy bed, the jacquzzi tub, the gardens, the lavendar..I took some seeds, they are now sown in Victoria. Wish I could have stayed a month, or just permanently moved in!

Room Tip: All rooms are stupendous, I was in the big room on the ground floor, gorgeous!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Dungeness Barn House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!