“We love the Olympic Game Farm” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Activities in Sequim
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Ranch & Farm
Activities: Viewing wildlife
Kingston, WA
“We love the Olympic Game Farm”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

The Olympic Game Farm provides a home for many rescued and elderly animals. It is also a fun place to take out of town visitors in a beautiful part of the Olympic Peninsula. We were chased by a llama, an experience we won't forget!

Seattle, WA
“Wonderful park, wonderful animals, wonderful staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2009

Set in Sequim, the sunniest place in Washington state, Olympic Game Farm is a great value for the entire family. It's priced competitively with other animal-related entertainment such as zoos and aquariums. Yet I got far more joy from the Game Farm because of the interaction with the animals. The bears and elk especially have gregarious personalities and kept us quite amused with their antics. The park has a broad range of species and everyone in the family will very likely see their favorite animal. For an even greater value, the park has an annual fundraising event in June with live entertainment, celebrity autograph signings, and cheap but tastey food.

Kirkland, Washington
“Do the animals a favor and don't go!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

Olympic game farm had been recommended to me many years ago by a fellow animal lover but it appears to have changed a great deal since then because she never would have recommended this “roadside zoo” straight out of the 40’s and 50’s. I wanted to keep an open mind but by the time we saw the bears that was no longer an option. Apparently, any profit that is made goes to pay for the new house on the hill. I did not see one employee on the grounds monitoring either animals or humans. With the number of animals here you would think it would be an all day, every day responsibility just to maintain the grounds not to mention upgrading. It doesn’t matter how old an animal is, just as with humans, a comfortable and interactive environment should always be the goal. This can be achieved without the expense of a San Diego Zoo and if it is not possible, then, at least, the owners should care enough for the animals to find them alternate homes. The enormous elk in the small corral was especially disturbing since I can see no reason why he and his herd could not be returned to the wild or on protected land (state/national park). Needless to say, I will never go back nor will I recommend this sad place to anyone else. OGF, your glory days are over, get a clue, or a heart and do the right thing.

Washington
“Just go and enjoy yourself”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2009

To the previous reviewer who speculated that they may have pulled out the Bison's (not buffalo) teeth please do some research to avoid all your unfounded worry. Bison are ruminates just like goats, sheep and cows. These animals all lack upper incisors (read FRONT TEETH).

Lets be honest about a few things. The bears and cats are OLD. Be prepared for that. It is kind of sad but they are the same bears that were there 11 years ago when we went the last time and they were old then. Looking at the fact most bears enjoy an average lifespan of 20 years I would say they are doing as well as can be expected. And the one who the previous reviewer speculated may have burns from the electric fence actually had tumors on it's face, likely from old age. Still even in their geriatric years their sheer size and close proximity is pretty impressive but it is a little sad knowing what they could be.

The highlight of the trip is the section where the "toothless" bison and the fallow deer reside. The deer with the growths on it's head just has deformed horns. It looks bad but probably doesn't even give it any discomfort. And even though it is deformed it is quite healthy.

Approach the Bison with caution as they will get very aggressive with you in the search for your bread. I little slobber is well worth it to have 2500 lbs of animal that close as your goose bumps will attest to.

Oh and to the other person who complained about the prairie dog enclosure not having shade. Have you ever been on a prairie? Not exactly loaded with shade trees.

Overall the place needs some upgrades but it is a fun time that the whole family will enjoy.

Washington State
“Fun for the whole family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

The Olympic Game Farm is one of my favorite places of all time.

I have been going to the farm since I can remember, now I am taking my friends, family and children. This place has an amazing history, the founder worked directly for Walt Disney for many years and then opened the farm to the public in the 70's, I bought the book in the gift shops years ago and it is a wealth of information.

People complain about cage size and habitat and if they would ask the workers they would get a friendly response, the cages were holding cages for animal "actors" and were only used for a place to relax between filming. I also asked about the animals that are there and I learned that almost every big cat, dog and bear is over 10 years old, hence them looking lazy, they are taking it easy in their golden years!!!!

The elk and buffalo are a thrill every time I visit, I never tire of seeing the buffalo's huge mouths open and sometimes a big smelly groan let out!! The elk amaze me, they are so big and yet for the most part gentle.

The bears are professional beggars! Doing tricks for their bread, waving hello and standing up sometimes!

I also noticed during my last visit there was a donation jar, so in went my left over change, I figured if a change is going to happen I would like to help out. They said the donations will go toward fixing buildings, painting, repairing fences and eventually enlarging cages. Jamie, I believe is the ticket office clerk's name, was very informative and nice.

Long story short, this place is a treasure!

Been to Olympic Game Farm? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Olympic Game Farm, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.