“Fun for the whole family” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 15 Activities in Sequim
Type: Nature/ Wildlife Areas, Ranch & Farm
Activities: Viewing wildlife
Washington State
“Fun for the whole family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2009

The Olympic Game Farm is one of my favorite places of all time.

I have been going to the farm since I can remember, now I am taking my friends, family and children. This place has an amazing history, the founder worked directly for Walt Disney for many years and then opened the farm to the public in the 70's, I bought the book in the gift shops years ago and it is a wealth of information.

People complain about cage size and habitat and if they would ask the workers they would get a friendly response, the cages were holding cages for animal "actors" and were only used for a place to relax between filming. I also asked about the animals that are there and I learned that almost every big cat, dog and bear is over 10 years old, hence them looking lazy, they are taking it easy in their golden years!!!!

The elk and buffalo are a thrill every time I visit, I never tire of seeing the buffalo's huge mouths open and sometimes a big smelly groan let out!! The elk amaze me, they are so big and yet for the most part gentle.

The bears are professional beggars! Doing tricks for their bread, waving hello and standing up sometimes!

I also noticed during my last visit there was a donation jar, so in went my left over change, I figured if a change is going to happen I would like to help out. They said the donations will go toward fixing buildings, painting, repairing fences and eventually enlarging cages. Jamie, I believe is the ticket office clerk's name, was very informative and nice.

Long story short, this place is a treasure!

Lacey
“Abuse?! Get a CLUE! This place is great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2009

I had mixed feelings visiting this place. On our return from Victoria we stopped and I am glad we did! Some of the animals do look as if they may have suffered from abuse, PAST TENSE! This place also serves as a rescue sanctuary, so duh, some of the animals look old, sad and abused. Their life now is a lot better then before. We had a blast feeding the animals! We also saw many animals eating fresh, FRESH!!!!!!!, hay during our visit. We talked to the shopkeeper and she said the animals receive fresh meat from the local farmers who donate the meat. I saw no ribs showing or other problems. Another reviewer stated the gift shop was out of the 70's and smelled of urine. What the hell? The petting area for kids is right behind it, so that may have been it. The inside was clean and the people were nice! The bread for the feeding, which is wheat by the way, was good. I know, I ate a couple of pieces! The pens were clean, and the animals have plenty of space. Take the time to visit, and take the time to actually talk to the staff. They will clarify any of the slanderous statements that have been posted.

Tacoma, WA
“This was well worth the price and time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

My family had an absolute blast here. We laughed, squealed, and had a great time feeding the bears, bison, elk, and birds. We ooohed and ahhhed over the lions, tigers, and cougars and managed to get slimed by an elk as it jammed its head into the car looking for a handout.

The bison thought our car was a great place for a scratch and was not at all afraid to come up and look for handouts, either. I would highly recommend it!

seattle
5 attraction reviews
“It was sad and depressing...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

I wanted to enjoy this but I felt so sad for most of these pathetic creatures. The poor bears are in these walled off little areas eating bread by the bucket load. The cougars, bobcats, tiger and wolves looked so depressed and sick really. It was absolutely gross - go to the zoo where they care about the animals. These peole are making loads of money and are not spending on the animals. Just gross.

Ntrlvr11
“Money obviously not being spent on the animals”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2009

This place rakes in the money, despite claims to the contrary. Go there any day and do the math yourself at the rates they charge to go through and how many cars there are. Then go look at the prices in the gift shop.
The bears have a horrible habitat, little water, nowhere to play, only one pond off in the corner, no trees. They eat bread all day long. They look miserable and breathe really hard. Why can't they offer other options of food to buy to feed the different animals when you enter? Why nothing but bread (that they charge $2 a loaf for!!)?
The wild cats have it the worst...tiny little cages with barely anything in them and no room to explore. They pace back and forth like they are being drive crazy and they are.
We left depressed and feeling helpless because apparently they've had a lot of complaints against them but nothing gets done about it. If you try to talk to them directly about it, they just cop an attitude.

Been to Olympic Game Farm? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Olympic Game Farm, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.