“Homerun!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Kent, Washington
“Homerun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We decided to take a little drive and check out the lavendar farm's for the day. On the way we stopped in town and were told about Sunshine Cafe, so we walked in. Everything on the menu looked good, but one thing caught my eye....... Monte Cristo Sandwich! My favorite sandwich was on the menu and I had to try it. It was superb! My wife ordered my go to breakfast, Chcken Fried Steak. Alan makes some of the best sausage gray I have ever eaten! The steak was so tender you could cut it with your fork, and crispy as well! This is a great place and GiGi keeps your coffee cup full! I will go back every time I am in the area! On top of the great food and service we got to sit at the window and watch the Irigation Parade go by! It was a fantastic day!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

White Rock, British Columbia, Canada
“Sassy little diner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

What a great little find. Super friendly grandma-type character runs the place. Food hit the spot and I never saw the bottom of my coffee cup. Fairly priced too.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sequim
“Hometown Winner!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Always friendly service and the food is outstanding diner fare, have never had a bad experience here and the cinnamon rolls should be against the law!!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Edmonds WA
“It was fine!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

We finally made it to the Sunshine Cafe and found it to be perfectly good. I had their clubhouse sandwich (one of the best I've ever had) and their sweet potato fries (perfect). The clubhouse was tall; if they give you the option, get it with 2 pieces of bread instead of 3. The bacon was thick and crisp; the whole wheat bread was very tasty; and they use "real" lettuce - not that iceberg stuff. My friend had a hamburger which he enjoyed; he said the patty was flavorful and lean, no fillers. He had a side salad which again had real lettuce in it. Service was friendly and helpful. It was 15 minutes before closing time but there was no problem seating us and there was no rush for us to leave so they could close up. Nothing fancy, but a cute little place.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seattle, Washington
“I don't get it...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

According to their own marketing, they have been voted "best" in all sorts of contests/polls. We've been there about four times for breakfast and three times for lunch. It just isn't very good. She's a sweet lady and she tries hard, but the food just isn't worth the price. Portions are fine, service is fine, it's just poor food quality and recipes - clearly trying to squeeze every last ounce of possible profit from an egg.. My impression is that most of the "regulars" all go to the same church or something - so maybe she has enough built-in support to stay in business. Though, we've been there 2-3 times when we are the ONLY customer our entire stay... I don't know - we'll go if other places have a wait, but definitely not our first choice.

• Visited February 2013