“Launch your fun here!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Redmond, Washington, United States
“Launch your fun here!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

A friend and I stayed here so that we could bike the Pacific Crest Trail from Sequim to Port Angeles, which I can't say enough good things about! Our 45 mile round trip was simply amazing. The hotel was clean, quaint and had great access to a wonderful diner just across the parking lot. The breakfast was quite good too.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. Quick access to the Olympic Discovery Trail is one of the great features of our facility here, and I am happy to hear our guests are taking advantage of it. I hope you will stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Vero Beach,FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is the closest you will find to an actual hotel in Sequim. The staff was very courteous from the front desk clerks to the breakfast person. The place is practically brand new. Nice lobby and sitting areas, which included books to read like Lake Wobegon by Garrison Keilor. The room seemed bigger because of the high ceilings. The pool, spa and workout room were all nice with towels provided. There is a rooftop patio with tables and chairs which would be nice in the summer time.
The breakfast buffet was free. Included were basic cheese omelets or scrambled eggs, sausages, biscuits and gravy, assorted breads etc, cereal, yogurt and a cool automatic pancake making machine. It cost us $99/night in November. There is also the Black Bear Diner next door. You cant walk into town from here but it is a short drive.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review for us! It looks like you had a chance to get around the facility. We are always happy to read that our guests were satisfied, and it looks like you were. I hope you will choose us again in the future!
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

We took a Fall overnight trip over to the peninsula and were headed to Port Angeles to possibly stay the night. After hitting the worlds tiniest casino nearby, the sun was setting as we approached Sequim. We had driven through this town many times, but I thought it might be fun to explore it that night and into Sunday. I noticed the Holiday Inn Express and quickly made an online reservation on the road. We booked in just a half hour later to what we have come to believe is the best Hotel chain for us. This HIE was great as many of the others I have stayed at, and was spotless. I especially love the iced cold water with lemon slices in it at the lobby level. It is so refreshing. We found the room to be large enough, quite comfortable and clean. The only negative was that our room was located close to a noisy elevator, but also found that was just a minor disturbance. The staff was fantastic, and although they had a bit of an issue with my name used to book, but my wife signing in to the room, they made up for it with a simple apology. I had to show my ID to get the room which was only a minor inconvenience, and seemed to affect my wife more than I. Breakfast room was great, and the usual bill of fare was just fine. We grabbed a few bananas after breakfast and explored the entire area. From the shoreline to the mountains, Sequim is a pretty cool area to visit. I had no idea there were such beautiful areas as the spit, the county park, and the marina named after the famed John Wayne. Coffee Houses were neat, but the pastries in this town are not all that good. And I might have tried them all.
I highly recommend this HI Express when in the area. Price is right, rooms are great, and staff is A-ok....what more do you need?

Room Tip: AWAY from elevators!
Green Features: This hotel seems to take the environment seriously with reminders, and eco friendly lighting.KUDOS to them
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here in Sequim! I'm sorry that you were placed near an elevator. We try to ensure our guests have a quiet, restful night of sleep. I hope that you will give us a chance to make it up to you!
Fortaleza, CE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

Rooms are fine, with adequate space, and the price was considerably lower than when we'd stay there during the summer vacation season, last July. The hotel is east of downtown Sequim, with few restaurants and stores nearby, though it may also be quieter than other areas (at least as long as you get a room not facing Highway 101). There is one small elevator near the check-in desk to all 3 floors (fourth floor is an open-air garden area, nice for gatherings in the summer). We did not use the indoor pool. Did use the coin-operated washer and dryer, though since there's just one of each, you may face waits (we did).

The only restaurant that seemed within walking distance is the Black Bear Diner next door. It was certainly not gourmet, but had a decent array of items (more than, say, a Denny's), and did have beer and wine. There is a supermarket fairly within a short drive and many restaurants beyond that.

Room Tip: Get a room not facing Highway 101.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, December 1, 2013
Thanks for staying with us! I hope that in the future, we are able to provide better service. While it seems you had an acceptable stay, we like to take it a step above that. I'd like to apologize, and I hope you will give us another chance if you are ever in the area again.
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was exceptionally clean and our room smelled new. The staff were courteous and helpful and helped make our stay enjoyable. The only notable thing I'd add is that it is situated a distance from the main part of town and too far to walk from the hotel to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed November 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us. It's great to hear you were happy with your stay! I hope you will choose us again if you are in the area.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel is comfortable and clean however it was also very expensive. The Black Bear Diner is just across the parking lot so that was a plus at the end of a long day. Huge servings here! Our room looked out over a rooftop which contained the air conditioning units. The hotel was not full so thought perhaps they would have given us a better room but we didn't complain so perhaps the onus was on us. The breakfast was very good with lots of chices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher than the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
We appreciate your choice to stay with us, and we are happy to see you found the hotel clean and enjoyed the breakfast selection. I would like to apologize, however, as it seems we placed you in a room you weren't happy with. I'm sorry about that, and I hope that in the future, we can make it up to you. Thanks again for choosing us, and we hope to see you again!
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a nice hotel - the entire staff is welcoming, polite and professional. There isn't much choice in Sequim and this is the best choice! You would think that Sequim would have better choices in hotels - given it's self billing as "Sunny Sequim" but it doesn't. This Holiday in is fairly new and a good choice. It is a reqular "Holiday Inn Express" - very clean and comfortable. Only issue is that their internet is awful! So be forewarned! Couldn't connect about three quarters of the time and when I could connect, the service was sporadic.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Dear Perigrinator,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the level of service, facilities and the location of the hotel. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your expectations in particular the internet connection. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim? Share your experiences!