“Great Spot” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Summerville, South Carolina
“Great Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Sequim. The location was nice, quiet, and the staff was very friendly. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. We never made it to the rooftop garden, but it looked nice from the highway. I thought the prices were a little high for the location, but such is life.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Thank you for staying with us, and I am happy to hear that you were generally happy with the stay.
I wish you could have made it to the roof top garden, weather has been very kind to us lately. I hope you will choose us again, should you spend more time in Sequim!

203 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Booked two queens and was upgraded to a suite. Very friendly staff, comfortable beds, quiet rooms with no outside noise. Suites have full size refrigerator, microwave, sink and dining table.
Premises has nice fitness room, inside pool with separate spa tub. Offers full breakfast buffet, next to Black Bear Diner.

Room Tip: Do not think there are any bad room locations.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thanks for the review! I'm glad you were happy with your stay. In particular, your comments on the noise level in our rooms is appreciated. When we were building this property, we increased the insulation over the standard levels in an attempt to keep the noise levels down. I'm happy to hear that it worked out well for you!
Bellevue ,WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This is a terrific home base for exploring the peninsula. Friendly, helpful staff, clean room, well provisioned including a small freezer/refrigerator and microwave. Two woman traveling felt secure with the key cards used for entering the building and the individual rooms. A small business center to check emails and a panoramic roof garden from which to enjoy the beautiful views.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
It's good to hear that you had such a great stay, in particular that you felt safe in our hotel. These days, that's really important to guests, and I'm glad that we provide that feeling of security! I hope next time you will choose us again.
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights while we were in town to golf and explore the area. We arrived after catching the first sailing from Victoria, and then hiking Hurricane Ridge. We had requested a room with a view, but it wasn't ready as we arrived 3 hours before check in. We opted for another room without a view and returned after lunch. The room was nice enough and the property looks new and well maintained. We enjoyed the complimentary parking and hot breakfasts. I was not impressed by the quality of the television signal or the wifi strength. The pool is nice - you can do a few laps and they have a hot tub as well. The staff was friendly and courteous. They have a nice rooftop garden patio, we enjoyed each evening.The room seemed a little on the pricey side, compared to some other cities, but I think it is a newer hotel in Sequim. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Mount Baker. The higher up, the better.
Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review us. It's good to read that most of our amenities were to your liking, but I do apologize for any issues you experienced with our internet or television service. We take that sort of statement seriously, and I hope that we will see you again!
Beverly, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We were able to check in early. After we checked in our bags we drove to Hurricane Ridge, which was a beautiful drive and destination. Loved the roof top garden and free breakfast (lots of coffee too). A very clean room and comfortable bed. We were hoping to soak in the hot tub after a long day but the pool closed at 10.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay! I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay, particularly the breakfast and our roof-top garden. I do apologize for the pool hours, however, the hours are set as such to provide a quality, quiet stay for all of our guests. I hope that you will stay with us again.
Williamsville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We had planned on staying in Port Angeles after visiting Olympic NP, but decided to head a little farther east to pretty, lavender-filled Sequim. Check-in went pretty fast and there were two people working the front desk. One thing that bothered me was that the people in front of us were offered little candy bars (not that my body needs them!) and we weren't.

The hotel looks very new and everything was in really nice shape. Our room had two queen beds, fridge and microwave and was a nice size for our family of four. The pool was pretty big and had a nice whirlpool area. The free breakfast was decent with lots of selections.

We ate dinner at the restaurant next door -- The Black Bear Diner. It was pretty decent and a good value. The bear décor is cute!

I found this Holiday Inn to be a little pricey, but the area seems very pricey to begin with. The Dungeness Spit is about a 10-15 drive away. There wasn't much going on near the Holiday Inn, but I'm happy we stayed here. We all slept well.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate feedback, and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry we missed offering some of our chocolate out, but it may be worth checking out our IHG Rewards Club, as the benefits are more than just chocolate. I'm glad the rest of your stay was good, though, and I hope you will choose us again in the future!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Very comfortable clean hotel. very pleasant staff. The complementary breakfast was good set you up for the day. Nice roof top garden with lovely views added bonus a swimming pool which opened at 6 am I had the pool to myself. I have travelled to Sequim for many years it is a beautiful part of the world very peaceful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
SequimMichael_S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thanks for staying with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our rooftop garden, it is a great place to sit and enjoy the beauty of the area! I hope we will see you again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites North Sequim? Share your experiences!