“Nice location, OK facilities, run by a jerk.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of John Wayne's Waterfront Resort

John Wayne's Waterfront Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sequim
John Wayne's Waterfront Resort
2634 W. Sequim Bay Rd, Sequim, WA 98382   |
Redmond, Washington
“Nice location, OK facilities, run by a jerk.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

The bay is lovely, and the quiet location is a great base for seeing the area. The grounds are pretty standard, with good-sized, accessible spaces. Facilities are kept clean and working, but are clearly aging. The real problem is the lady running the place. Rude when we made the reservation, tyrannical at check-in, and downright mean when one of our party parked in the wrong place (that was not identified as such). Avoid her as much as possible, and a stay here should be fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

34 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Woodinville, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

This was a truely unpleasant experience. The first encounter with the owners started out bad. The woman was arrogant and rude from the get-go. After getting set up I called to ask if we could take our portable fire pit to the location where they allow fires to use to make s'more. I identified myself and where we were parked and asked nicely how the woman who answered was. She snapped back at me that she had guests there. This was odd since when I checked in she did not seem the least bit hesitant to take a phone call and make me wait for her to finish. In response to my request I felt like I she was treating me like she was a drill instructor using very strorng language about using the pit and such comments as "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?" As a result we did not take the chance on using the portable fire pit.

We left as early as we could on our last day there because of the unpleasantness and will never subject ouselves to that kind of anti -customer abuse again.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2010

Called made a reservation, got a front spot only to be told Wanda gave it to someone else. She actually told us that! Funny thing is those people never there at their site!!!!!!!!!! Then in the a.m she came by and yelled at me to make sure we got out of there at 11 she had the site reserved! No problem but she wouldn't let us check in early and check in time is 2! the bathroom smelled like a old nursing home! wouldn't hurt to water the so called dry stuff around the park either! no pool or playground, It is no suited for kids. she even yelled at our son for touching a rock, not moving it touching it! No family park thats for sure! Laundry room is really outdated one dryer and one washer. OLD and Old. They need to update! that is for sure! Marina was closed even though it said it ws open. not by anything no stores or down town either! Others may find this park ok, we will never stay there again. Treated very badly. We are quite too!

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
WooHoo1, Manager at John Wayne's Waterfront Resort, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
I'm truly sorry this visitor was upset about my asking them to leave. Check-out is at 11am, they were not even unhooked at 11:45 and the guest who had reservations for that site was at the office and ready to check-in. This guest was using a shopvac and I had to speak loudly so that she could hear me.
Seattle,WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2010

We stayed in one of the cabins in July 2009. We found the managers friendly, helpful and informed of the area giving us several suggestions of places to see and go, and where to catch the biggest crabs. The cabin was very clean and well furnished. We found the prices comparable for the area but the cabins far superior to others.
We look forward to our next visit, later this year.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
San Jose, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2010

We had a wonderful vacation last summer at Sequim Bay Resort. The staff was friendly and welcomed us like family. The cabin was clean, spacious and perfect for my family of four. There was a beautiful view from our cabin and we could see the reflection of the full moon on the bay; as well as, bald eagles fishing for their breakfast The kids enjoyed watching their favorite shows on the nice large flat screen tv, which had easy access to plug-in their portable dvd player and video games. It was close to town (where my parents live), and walking distance to the marina (where we met my father for fishing and crabbing). I would highly recommend staying at Sequim Bay Resort for those who would like to have a home away from home vacation.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

I spent my vacation at Sequim Bay Resort in Oct. of this year. I had not been there since July 2003-what a pleasant surprise when I arrived !!

First, I was very thrilled that the property managers who ran the grounds in 2003 were still there in 2009. They run a beautiful operation. They are professional and give their all to keep the grounds in good repair, safe, clean and quiet.

The cabins had been spruced up, painted and the grounds around the cabins had been cleared. I stayed in cabin #2 and had a clear view of the Bay. You should see the beautiful sunrises I was able to photograph from the front of my cabin !

The drab brown cabins of 2003 were now painted in nice bright colors. And, the inside of the cabins were revamped-new queen beds, all new appliances, new flooring, nice large screened televisions, microwave ovens, wall heaters in all the rooms.

The rooms were decorated and arranged beautifully. I had as wonderful a time being in-doors as well as out-doors on this trip.

If you are in Sequim, WA, call the managers who run Sequim Bay Resort. They will make you feel at home, safe and welcomed while there. I was not put off by the increase in the price of the cabins because the money was well spent to give me more enjoyment while there. I can't wait to get back for another vacation.

I highly recommend Sequim Bay Resort.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2009

We are ready to return , the cabins were wonderful , clean and the view was breathtaking. Have enjoyed being there two times now and looking forward to our next trip. The staff was wonderful and kept the areas well maintained and gave us wonderful information about the area etc. Loved having the kitchen with appliances and cooking ware, made our vacation more afforable instead of having to eat out for all of our meals.
Looking out the full view windows to the water is so beautiful especially with the mountains in the back ground. We highly recommend Sequim Bay Resort for a fun relaxing and peaceful vacation. .Looking forward to our next vacation .

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to John Wayne's Waterfront Resort? Share your experiences!