“Excellent find in an otherwise disappointing area” 4 of 5 stars

You added North Park Lodge to your Saves list
North Park Lodge
2.5 of 5 Lodge   |   659 North Wenas, Selah, WA 98942   |
Flagstaff, Arizona
“Excellent find in an otherwise disappointing area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011 via mobile

Yakima valley contrary to what the area marketing would like tourists to think is not a destination We were in the area to visit family and as this is the only hotel in selah we booked a room this is a gem. The staff is helpful and friendly the room was very clean and comfortable the breakfast is nice cute lodge decor we had a lovely time good for family or romance

• Stayed September 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Saint Augustine, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

We have family in the Yakima/Selah area and have spent many years in inexpensive motels at $45/night (Sun Country Inn, etc.). Our most recent visit, we tried the North Park Lodge and were willing to spend a little more ($79 AARP rate). Unlike some previous reviews, we found our room to be very clean. LOVED the decors...i.e., quilt, lamps, furniture, etc. so much we took pictures and will try to attach them. Selah is not a "happening place" but there is a grocery store and a few fast food places within walking distance. This hotel could improve by: adding fresh fruit, pastries, etc. to the continental breakfast selections, training and insisting upon "enthusiastic customer service skills" by front desk employees. We were in an adjoining room and could hear the "neighbor's" coughing at night. Wondered if all the walls were that thin. Didn't hear road noise but certainly doors slamming after 10pm. Regardless, we enjoyed our night's stay there and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

We rented a room earlier in the week, which had some hairs in the bath tub. If I could've cancelled altogether I would have but they charge half of your room rate if you cancel, so when we had to return I asked the clerk to make sure the room was cleaned properly this time and she checked the computer and advised it was. We got into the room and immediately set up the crib so my sleeping son could be put to bed. After doing so, my husband went to get our luggage and I went to use the bathroom. Hair and blood on toilet. Hair in the shower. Hair all over the floor. The room had been "cleaned", so it was just a half @$$ job. They offered to move us, and had us move everything to the opposite end of the hotel and wait in the hall while the clerk took the time to check in some people. My son woke up and didn't fall back asleep for probably an hour. Toilet bowl was dirty in this room too. Desk clerks couldn't do anything for us, so we had to wait days until a manager was in. She credited us a whopping $20.00 for three nights of dirty rooms...said that's all she could do. I will NEVER return to this establishment. They did nothing to show they wanted to keep our business. They did offer us a free room instead of the $20 credit...umm, I'm from Indiana. When exactly do you think I'll be able to reap that benefit? This place will probably be closed by then! Disgusting and they don't actually care. An apology does not fix THREE dirty rooms.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Arlington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2011

I had to phone the office to find the lodge (it's actually just a hotel--average at best). She said go to the stop light and turn left--no stop light, so I had to assume she meant stop sign. These kinds of details are important when you aren't familiar with a town. I was disappointed to see a small, average building they call a lodge and more expensive than other similar places. We had to drive to find food since there were none close enough to walk too. The pillows were very uncomfortable and when you finished a shower you were standing ankle deep water. We didn't bother with breakfast since it was less than adequate. The desk gal told us how to get to the golf club only to find the streets were dug up for some extensive street renovation--didn't she know that--we never made it there. We entered a local business hoping to find out some information about the town only to be completely ignored by the owners. When I asked a question he never even looked up but mumbled something. Very disappointing experience in Selah. Oh, and finally to top it off--the last night there I went to the lobby, couldn't find the desk clerk. After looking around I found her in a small side room filling up her glass with wine--she jumped when she saw me. Sooo, I suggest you drive 5 minutes more down the road to Yakima, many more hotels to choose from.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2011 via mobile

THEY WANTED TO CHARGE ME 100.00 to pay in cash. I was planning on staying 30 plus days for my work .. BUT WHEN I CAME OVER FOR 1 NIGHT THE WANTED ME TO PAY THEM 200.00.. Needless to say I walked and they lost 2000.00 .. The lady this night seemed RUDE.

• Stayed April 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Selah finally has a hotel/motel. The North park Lodge is New, beautiful; friendly and helpful staff. Has a pool - Hot tub, continental breakfast, and the decor is fantastic.
Great stay and the price is very affordable. Will stay again next time I am in the Selah / Yakima area.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Mililani
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2010

the Hotel Staff were great, the price was very reasonable, indoor swimming/jacuzzi, small fitness center, furniture in rooms were cool, homemade, cabin type bed/dresser; Lobby has cool mounted hunting trophies on wall! Owner/Operator is the sweetest lady in the world. Community is ranked one of safest. I will stay there anytime I ever travel to Yakima again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to North Park Lodge? Share your experiences!