“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Inn   |   210 Ball Street, Sedro Woolley, WA 98284   |
Seaview, Washington
“Nice place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I had read previous reports so went there with a ? in my mind. This place is wonderful for the money. I have spent far more for much less. Our room had a comfy queen bed, refer, micro, desk, coffee maker. It was clean with NO smells. It was also pet friendly. The pool/spa were closed (seasonal) but the atmosphere was much nicer than I had expected. Will definately go there again.
As a previous reviewer had stated, the breakfast was meager, but hey, everything else was great! Yes, even the staff! ;o)

Room Tip: We were on the west end, near the steps and elevator, 2nd floor. It was actually very quiet. So, I c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tacoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My expectations were not huge as my wife and I drew straws to see who had to stay with my son for a soccer tournament in this hotel (from the pictures and other reviews I knew what we were in for). The rooms smell so bad when I woke up the next day I smelled and felt like I had been hanging out in a dive bar smoking cigarettes all night. I was in a non-smoking room but I am sure that the staff does not care or notice as they are all chain smokers. The only good thing about this hotel is the pool. It is clean and was a great to have as a distraction for my daughter. Breakfast was OK. Best thing was Costco Muffins and Coffee was OK.

Advise to Owners- You need to replace furniture, carpet, drapes and paint to get rid of the cigarette smell!!!

Room Tip: If you have to stay and have kids pick a lower room for pool access. Make sure you air out the room.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Sedro Woolley hotels

New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Clean, comfortable and a good night's sleep. Nice patio in the back.

• Stayed July 2012
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

I recently booked two nights into this property based on prior reviews by TripAdvisor commenters. What a change has happened. First, Sedro-Woolley is a quaint little town -- not much happening, but it has an old-time west feel to it, and I loved the agricultural nature of the setting -- barns, horses, etc. The staff of the property were helpful, but when I entered my first room, I turned around and headed back to the office. The chairs were filthy (as if someone had urinated on them) and the overall feel of the room was grubby. I tried a different room, which was cleaner, but when I turned on the heater, I thought I was on a runway at Sea-Tac. The property is now primarily rented to construction workers, and the one I saw running around in his boxer shorts at 10 pm clearly was "in his cups." This was not the place for me, and I would contact the property directly to inquire about how rooms are being used these days.

Room Tip: Try Mt. Vernon or Burlington, really.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Port Alberni
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2011

A group of us were on a motorcycle trip and rolled in during a rainstorm. We received a very warm welcome from the staff and the rooms were great (ours had a door out to the garden and pool area). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Cincinnati, OH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

This was a good location coming from hiking the North Cascades, going up to the Mt. Baker area. The room was clean, had a microwave, fridge and coffee maker. Lots of channels so I could catch up on what had been going on in the world.

As a dusty hiker I appreciated the updated bathroom and shower with LOTS of hot water and water pressure. No wimpy shower here!

Kris the manager was friendly and volunteered directions to restaurants, the grocery, etc. Gave me a discount coupon for the pizza place next door which was good and welcoming too.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Kennewick, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

This was a good place to stay as a staging spot for taking off for the North Cascades. It was clean and friendly. Free wi-fi, pool and hot tub. Not much of a breakfast, but enough to get you going. Nothing special but the price was very good. Chinese or pizza/burger/sports bar next door made it convenient to dine without having to drive any more for the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool rather than the highway.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Three Rivers Inn? Share your experiences!