“Seaview's best kept lodging secret!” 5 of 5 stars

Enchanted Cottages
4102 Pacific Way, Long Beach Peninsula, Seaview, WA 98644   |
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Colorado
“Seaview's best kept lodging secret!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2009

What a great experience! My wife & I received a very warm welcome upon arrival from the innkeeper Trisha, and were treated just like family. The Hollyhock Cottage was cosy and comfortable and furnished with most interesting appointments, artwork and accessories. The fully furnished kitchen was a great feature. From the hand made soaps to the complimentary coffees, teas and biscotti, we felt right at home. Free high speed WiFi was just great. The bed and shower were awesome. The location is perfect, a block from a wonderful breakfast place called Lauries, and upscale dining at 42nd Street. The beach access was a short scenic walk away.

Innkeepers Trisha and Virgil were exceptionally accommodating and caring. They provided great suggestions for activities and tours of the area points of interest. We would definitely recommend Enchanted Cottages to friends and family. We'll be back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Vancouver, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed in the Hollyhock for 2 nights and it was the perfect way to escape the city. Everything exceeded expectations and Virgil was such an amazing host. He even treated us to dinner to make up for a small amount of noise due to remodeling in the other unit, which was way beyond any kind of service I've ever experienced. From the moment we got there it felt like home and they really made sure our stay was enjoyable, even pointing out great places to eat in the area. The hospitality was just amazing, I wouldn't even think of staying anywhere else when we visit again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2009

Due to a lack of better options, I had to say I was a "solo traveler," because I stayed in the upstairs unit by myself. I was in Long Beach for a family reunion, though, and my parents stayed in the unit downstairs on the same weekend. So I got a very good feel for both units, and they are BOTH absolutely charming, exquisitely maintained, and wonderfully warm and cozy.

The biggest reason I would recommend this place, though, is the owners/managers, Virgil and Trisha. They were not just friendly and chatted with us every time they saw us, but were beyond accommodating -- seriously, sometimes shockingly so -- with every single thing we needed. I have stayed on the Washington Coast many times, and no other time compares to this, thanks to these two people and their fantastic accommodations. They are the sole reason I want to come back to Long Beach again, and when I do, this is where I will stay!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
olympia washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2009

We were in Seaview for a family reunion/wedding so when we got to retreat back to our cottage it was like sneaking back to a secret garden. We can,t think of anything more Virgil or Trisha could have done to make our visit any more plesant. In a word they are the perfect hosts. We are looking forward to a return visit when we can just relax and visit with our new friends. Thank You so much for all the love and care you have put into your cottages.

Best Wishes
Kim and Sherri

Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Ventura, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed for one night. Room was cozy, full kitchen. Owners were very nice and pleasant yet not intruding. Location is close enough to the beach area yet far enough away from the crowds.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2009

We stayed for three days and loved every minute of it! The cottages, though smallish, are clean, sound and stylish. They've been VERY recently rebuilt on the inside and include such amenities as hardwood floors and tile entry, kitchen and bathroom floors.

After dealing with a family emergency and missing any fun on her birthday, my wife really needed to have some time at the beach so I decided to treat her to a 3-day weekend. We hunted and hunted on the 'net and after realizing that our more local beaches in Oregon were going to be overrun with spring break kids this particular weekend, we decided to head north because the Long Beach peninsula in Washington is always fun but is not always crowded (their spring break was the weekend after we visited).

In perusing places to stay, I was keen on trying to find something that was nice yet not overpriced. Of course, Trip Advisor came through again and after reading glowing report after glowing report, I decided to give Enchanted Cottages a call. I wound up talking to both Virgil and Trisha who own the cottages and was very impressed with their care and excellent customer service attitudes. They were offering a $5 off "Recession Discount" so we made the reservation and planned to show up at the beach!

Trisha was careful to let me know that she'd be out of town for the weekend and that Virgil would be there and boy, was he there. When we arrived, he was out on a quick errand but came back soon after we arrived (we'd made arrangements to get the key from a hiding place) and he not only made an effort to greet us, he made some excellent restaurant recommendations and even told us about some of the local things to see and do. I grew up going to the Washington beaches so I already knew about most of those things to see and do but really appreciated that he honestly cared that we had a good time.

The rest of the weekend was excellent and Virgil was always mindful to greet us, ask if we needed anything and ask how our trip was going. After a couple of days, we really wished Trisha was there, too, because she must be just as sweet as her husband! As she told me over the phone when I made the reservation, we'll 'just have to go back!'

Things to see on the peninsula (according to us):
Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center at Cape Disappointment
Nautical Brass (eclectic thing-a-ma-jiggy shop) in Ilwaco
Oysterville and its historic houses
There are lots of antique shops and general shopping opportunities, too!

Places you MUST eat at:
The Depot (a bit spendy but WOW!)
The 42nd Street Cafe (They have wonderful hot beignets on Saturdays and Sundays!)

Of course, Virgil and Trisha will have other suggestions for you, too!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2009

What a great place for a week-end away! We enjoyed everything about our stay! The bed was very comfortable and the copper sink in the bathroom is a charming touch! We loved the room to move as opposed to just a motel room. The built in vanity in the bedroom was just right for my laptop, and the wi-fi worked great! We explored the area and would love to come back when the weather is a little more amenable! Virgil and Trisha are wonderful hosts and very helpful without being intrusive.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Enchanted Cottages? Share your experiences!