“What a great room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Rancho Cordova, California
“What a great room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

This is our 2nd holiday inn express this week... What an improvement from the last one...
after a day of airplanes, we just wanted a room to relax in. This room is great.. a room suite, with even a small kitchen.. The front desk staff was fantastic!! the room is nice and quiet,and the housekeeping staff is wonderful. Everything about this hotel is great!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Tacoma, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

Made a reservation a few weeks ago for this hotel through the front desk, not online. This reservation was made with a discount. When I checked in, I provided verification of credentials that allowed for this discount, and was told that this was the rate that I would be charged.

Later that evening, when went on line to check account balances associated with my work credit card , I found that the front desk had charged me well-over the agreed upon rate, plus charged extra for "incidentals" that I did not ask for. (Nor was I informed that would be applied toward my card.) I called the front desk, and after a great deal of heated discussion, had the "incidentals" charge removed. When I brought up the discrepancy in the rate being applied to what I was quoted, I was told that the "extra" fees were standard and not part of the reduced room rate. We could not come to an agreement on the charges, so I informed the front desk clerk that I wanted the national customer service rep's number and that I would not be staying for the second night. If these extra fees had been brought up, I would have been able to cancel the reservation. As it stands now, I have charges on a card that my company won't cover.

Not a great way to treat a customer. This was the first time I'd dealt with this issue with my work and discount with Holiday Inn Express. I will be contacting the national office with my complaint. In 20 years of extensive travel, this is the first time I've ever done this for a major hotel chain.

The hotel itself is beautiful and is pleasant. It is well away from the airport in terms of sound, but close enough to get there quickly. The hotel staff IS nice, but I felt that either they weren't disclosing information or didn't know what discounts to apply.

As far as my room, the carpet smelled like rancid milk. The "high speed" internet connection was poor at best, constantly resetting.One other significant purpose for staying here was having a reliable connection. If this is something you need, don't stay here.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

Really awesome room...loved that it had a small kitchen area with a sink, cupboards, refridgerator, and microwave. Room was clean and everything worked including the bathroom fan. Nice comfy bed, and a good price. Free shuttle runs every 30 mins. Upon check-in we were told it runs every 5 mins as needed, but when we went to check out we were told it only runs on the half hour. When we got there it had just left. The front desk clerk made quick arrangements for another shuttle to come and pick us up. Very pleased with the serive. The breakfast was great, and the lobby was wonderful. Lots of seating with a fireplace with a large flat screen t.v. over it.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2010

When I fly out of SeaTac in the morning I will often get a room near the airport to avoid the hassle of traffic, etc, that morning. It has been a few years though, and no one hotel had stood out in the past. I didn't want to pay a fortune, but I didn't want to stay in a dump either.

With this stay, Holiday Inn Express is the winner. They are reasonably priced, and they were so helpful. I was very tired when we arrived and had confused them with the Holiday Inn up the road. I just looked at the desk clerk, exhausted, and asked if he could change it to their hotel. He picked up the phone, called the Holiday Inn, made sure they wouldn't penalize me, and set me up with a room at the lower rate. I was so happy that I didn't have to get back in my car and drive to the other hotel!

Room was big, bed very comfortable, wifi fast, flat screen tv. We didn't stop for the breakfast in the morning so I can't comment on that. The lobby area did look nice, and I liked that they had a little courtyard area out front with benches where you could sit outside.

Unfortunately, with an ill MIL, it looks like we will be traveling back and forth to Seattle more frequently in coming months. This hotel will be our choice to stay at near the airport.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Salt Lake City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

We are in and out of Sea Tac airport regularly, and usually stay in close proximity to the terminal (just because it's a shorter shuttle ride and we're always paranoid about missing a flight).

On this occasion, we found availability at this Express and found it a very pleasant surprise: a newer facility with new rooms. And maybe just 5 more minutes on the shuttle.

Compared with other Holiday Inn Express hotels the breakfast area is also very attractive: with the designers combining reception and the breakfast tables into a nice kind of atrium.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Moscow, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

As a mom with two teenage boys, I appreciate Holiday Inn Express and their free breakfast. That's the deal maker for me. In the case of the hotel in Sea Tac, the breakfast and the fact that it is close to the airport and cheaper than a lot of nearby hotels seals the deal. We have stayed here many times over the years and it is always the same. This is rather comforting when you've had a long day of travel. The staff is always glad to see you and they never forget that I am a priority club member. I have stayed at a couple of other hotels in the area and always wish I had just stuck with HIE. They have a very nice shuttle that they share with other area hotels and the wait is never too long.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Lemon Grove, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2010

I stayed on arrival with a different hotel and Holiday Inn on my departure. I have to say you can never go wrong with this hotel, did have trouble with service only because the desk person was the only one available. The room was very nice, I would stay again. Service good when they have backup people. Family friendly.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport? Share your experiences!