Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport
Ranked #7 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Duncan
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We made this a home base for a long weekend exploring Seattle. We choose it for the much cheaper rates than downtown, the proximity to the huge shopping mall close by, and the breakfast included with the room and the free parking. The hotel and all the ammenities lived up to expectation. We were very pleased with the overall value. We travel a fair bit via Seatac and often overnight and the HIE is now one of two place we will stay on the way through.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the south side of the building to avoid some of the aircraft noise. While it was o...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
SeaTacHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us in Seattle Southside while you explored Seattle!

We're glad you enjoyed your visit and that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location to shopping and restaurants along with easy access via our complimentary shuttle to the Link Light Rail station to get you downtown swiftly & economically.

Look forward to seeing you next time!

Vickie Molzer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kent, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Clean and comfortable rooms especially the one bedroom king suites with separate living room...nice sofa
And the free breakfast includes cinnamon rolls, eggs, bacon and the like.
Definitely a first choice when in the Seattle airport are

• Stayed October 2012
SeaTacHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for your complimentary review. We're glad you enjoyed the breakfast and our spacious suites!

New Albany, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Last night of 2 week vacation! Priority was to rest and get to the airport the next morning. Hotel is nice, not quite as upgraded as some, but fine. Upgraded to a suite upon check in. Unable to sample breakfast due to early flight. Staff very nice. Only about a mile or so from airport.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
SeaTacHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay and for your review.

Our complimentary breakfast begins at 5AM daily and I'm so sorry you weren't able to try our signature cinnamon rolls, but try them to go next time! We'll be happy to provide you with a breakfast to-go option when your travels begin early in the day.

Vancouver, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked a suite with a full kitchen so that I could cook a few meals. I was very disappointed with what I got. There were only 2 small kettles to cook in. No frying pan and no heating dishes for the microwave. The silverware consisted of a couple low quality plastic knives, forks, and spoons. The insides of the cabinets were dirty. The rest of the suite, while not dirty, could have been cleaner. There was a lot of dust eveywhere. the manager on duty discounted my room and said she would put some points in my Priority Club account to make up for the problems. The points never showed up. On the plus side, other than some airplane noise (which was to be expected) it was very quite in the room. I never heard the people in the rooms next to and above me. The shower was roomy and the shower head was high enough to stand under without having to bend over. The bed, while a bit on the firm side, was quite comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns--I am sorry that your suite was not fully equipped when you arrived. Our suites are well-equipped for any extended stay traveler with full size refrigerator, cook-top, dishwasher and microwave, and we do offer a larger selection of kitchen supplies for lengthier stays at your request.

Your courtesy points were issued upon your departure--I will happily look into why you may not see them on your account and send you a note to your contact e-mail to confirm.

Thanks for staying with us and we'll hope to be of service in the future!

Spokane, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Enjoyed our stay. Rooms were big and clean. Bathroom was very small for the size of the room but we managed (king size suite). Hotel staff were super nice and quick to please. 24 hour shuttle was great! Breakfast is typical holiday inn express style, pancakes, cereals, toasts, eggs, meat, cinnamon rolls etc. Only major issue we had during our stay was the bed, it was HORRIBLE! Hard as a rock! Even debated sleeping on the love seat because that had a little bit more cushion! We stayed in room 316. We love to sleep with the window open but the airplanes are so loud with it open its nearly impossible to sleep. With the window shut tho, it was peaceful.

• Stayed October 2012
SeaTacHIExpress, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your stay and for your very kind words about our friendly staff! We love to hear that we've made you feel welcomed and comfortable.

Boise, Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Just stayed here for 2 nights this last weekend.
The big disappointment for me is that they list this as an airport hotel.

Of all the SEA TAC airport hotels, this one is the farthest off by itself to the south, a few miles away, and unlike every other one, it's really not walkable to anything unless you want to get mugged at night.

Definitely a bummer, as walking to the light rail and airport are my favorite things about SEA airport hotels.

Will not be staying here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for your thoughtful review.

Conveniently one mile south of the airport on International Blvd, and central to I-5, I-405 and Hwy 509, our location offers you many options for travel in the South Puget Sound area!

For those guests who prefer a quick & comfortable ride, our complimentary shuttle serves the one-mile radius around our hotel including the airport, the Link light rail station and the many restaurants and attractions in Seattle Southside.

Concord, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed here and it was an alright hotel. I was in room 351(I think) it was the last room to the left of the elevater on the left hand side right before you walk out of a door that lead to another hallway or stairs. The room appeared clean but smelled a little rank. I liked the fridge in the room but the bathroom was very small and a little dated. The toilet was plugged up during my stay but one call to the front desk on my way out and when I returned later that evening it was back to normal. I was dissapointed that a semi expensive pink scarf that I bought from Nordstrom went missing after the cleaning ladies entered the room to clean so I was unable cover my really expensive hairdo the last 2 nights of my stay. I thought somehow I would find it in my luggage when I got home but I didn't. I was a bit reluctant to leave anything else out and therefore I packed up everything after each use. I don't like or expect for my things to come up missing from within my hotel so I only gave it 3 out of 5. I didn't complain about my scarf but I should have, anyway I don't think it would have magically reappeared. I didn't eat breakfast at the hotel so I don't have any comment on that. The room also had small living area with a seperate tv which was kind of cool if your into entertaining. My sister was staying at the hampton inn (The new one near Jack in the box) and it was very nice! Nicer than the HIE. Sorry but I was in aw when I walked into room and the bathroom at that hotel was beautiful with a seperate shower and the bathtub was seperate with marble top counters in the bathroom. Just a plain looking bathroom the HIE was serving. For the extremely cheap rate that I paid to stay there it was alot better than what I could have gotten for 60 dollars per night! The planes were a bit noisy but not intolarable. I'd stay here again if and only if I could get it at the same rate as I did that weeknd.

Room Tip: Bring a good scented candle if you find yourself staying in that room and watchout for your things...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us!

Our lost and found is retained for 90 days if you would like to contact us with your stay details, we will take a look for your scarf. Our well-trained housekeeping staff consistently finds those lost accessories that easily escape us when traveling!

We are currently in the process of updating our guest bath fixtures to improve efficiency of water use as well as the appearance of the room.

Vickie Molzer

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Seattle Sea-Tac Airport? Share your experiences!