“Well, better than sleping in the terminal...” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Jet Motel

Jet Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in SeaTac
Jet Motel
You added Jet Motel to your Saves list
17300 International Blvd. / Pacific Hwy. S, SeaTac, WA 98188   |
Ranked #33 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
San Juan, PR
“Well, better than sleping in the terminal...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

A late-night missed connection and a rerouting the next day meant taking what was out there. For $60 it's pretty much all that's mentioned in the other reviews: an old-time little cheap motel, the sort you thought would have long been wiped out from this location, but it sodiers on and being 5 minutes from the terminal does count for something. Everything's cheap, worn and old; must acknowledge very friendly staff. TV is superbasic local. The conventional-key door (cheapo knob and no chain, as mentioned) was a major throwback! Must note, this time they did not have the "trolley" shuttle, just a conventional van.They have obviously made very good use of the website and the SeaTac arrivals hotel-phone screens, where they are one of the first listings, to catch business.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
dougedoug in the'ville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

Pay an extra $15-30 bucks and stay somewhere else!!

The price was good--and that is about it. I mean it.

Tv is small and hardly works.
The couch is old and can be easily broken if you sat down too hard.
Rain leak stains on ceiling not mended with drywall compound
Nasty remarks wrote in cabinets & on lamp shade by past vacationers. Included a drawing for better understanding of what they meant when they wrote "[-]".
Did I mention the used underwear in the kitchen cabinet?
Oh yeah...pretty classy place.
The door to the room was very cheap! If someone wanted in your room they could have very easily kicked it in.

No wi-fi, no breakfast--Denny's is next door

we took photos--I will put them on if I can log back on here

Stayed September 2008
Richland WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2008

I booked through the motel's website, which clearly states the place was "recently renovated and soundproofed." Great - for $65 bucks a night w/ my AARP discount. I called the 800 number to confirm the free parking and 24-hour shuttle service, then I booked a room here to stay 1 night. Based on Trip Advisor reviews I wasn't expecting a lot. Well, this place certainly exceeded my low expectations! (I only wish we had pictures because you won't believe this!)

The good:
Yes, the rooms are large - the double queen room my daughters and I stayed in was actually a 1 bedroom suite w/a full kitchen. The sheets, towels, fixtures, and appliances appeared to be clean, but very worn. And yes, the front-desk staff and shuttle driver were nice & helpful. Also, it is only a 5 minute ride to the airport. Denny's next door is convenient, too.

The bad:
Extremely noisy due to air conditioning units not being well-sealed to the outside. Fortunately, we did not need the A/C, as the knobs kept falling off and the units looked filthy inside. The second floor balcony was dirty and smelled of ciggie smoke, even though we had a non-smoking room. The full kitchen had no silverware (even plastic would've been nice) or even paper plates - made it difficult to heat & eat our Denny's leftovers @ 3:30 a.m. No dishwashing soap either. The TV barely worked, but we made do by not watching. The TV cable was not even hooked into the wall - the plate was off exposing a big hole in the wall!

The ugly:
It gets worse, folks! The baseboard heating units were falling apart, leaving wiring exposed (thank goodness my kids are teens!) and gaps in the walls. I could not tell if the carpet was clean, so none of us took off our shoes. My youngest wanted to sleep on the sagging, ancient couch, so I made her bring up the sleeping bag from the car to lay on - again, no idea how long since the furniture had been cleaned. Tiles had fallen off the walls in the bathroom, and the grab - bar in the tub had been removed! No anti-slip strips in the tub either.

Yes, Room 21 was barely habitable. Had we not arrived after 8 pm, with a 4 am airport delivery of my eldest to the airport, I'd have left. Oh, did I mention the thin doors and KEYED lock with no chain or anything? I slept not a wink that night! PLUS, they have a "strictly no refund" policy. Never again will I risk my family's health and safety for lack of spending an extra 50 or 60 bucks!

• Liked — Shuttle driver and Denny's next door
  • Disliked — Everything else!
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oak Harbor, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2008

The Jet Motel was cheap and all I needed was a place to stay for one night. It wasn't the best and it wasn't the Holiday Inn or Best Western, but it was a place to stay with a reasonable price. The airport shuttle was very convenient and the staff was friendly. The room was spacious but it felt old and used. However, the bathroom was quite decent and there were actually clean towels available to use. Having Denny's nearby made my stay better as food was no problem. Overall, if you want to save and have a place to stay in the SeaTac area, the Jet Motel is the place to go, but keep in mind, you get what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
North Vancouver, BC, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2008

It's a old budget hotel. I stayed 2 seprate occations, and both rooms I stayed were very roomy. It has shuttle service to/from airport and very convenient. If you need to stay one night near the airport and doesn't mind a bit old furnitures, I recommend it.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2007

For an inexpensive motel near the airport - it's pretty much what you'd expect. The building is old, but clean and the decor was almost retro. It's a good, inexpensive option for a late arrival or early departure. My one complaint - the pillows are very hard and lumpy.

Stayed April 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2006

Love the down to earth, crusty yet prideful attitude over at Jet! Interest in "unique experience" required -- would stay there again with my family at the beginning of our next visit flying in from airport but staying there the last night was an error.

Unfortunately, the in-house restaurant -- Happy Teriyaki, or something like that -- BIG MISTAKE -- service took more than 1 hour between order and food, and when it came the salmon was so suspect we returned it (and paid -- no apologies or thanks from manager) and went where we should have gone in the first place at 9 pm with a small child -- Denny's next door.

In fact a Denny's next door is possibly the coolest feature of Jet Hotel (well, that and it is directly across from Seattle's Sea-Tak Airport -- great staff there too, and refreshingly decent food. For a more upscale restaurant there's a Hilton just 2 blocks away with fine dining incl that delish local Salmon...

• Stayed June 2006

Been to Jet Motel? Share your experiences!