“Great Staff, Great Location, Great Rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #2 of 34 Hotels in SeaTac
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Staff, Great Location, Great Rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

This Hampton Inn is by far the nicest Hampton I've ever stayed. This hotel is new and you can see and feel it from the moment you enter the lobby. Staff was very friendly and helpful. The shuttle driver from the airport welcomed us with a smile and asked about travels. Check in was very fast and clerks very friendly and were always smiling. I had a King Suite (room 510) and this room is more spacious than most two room suites and higher priced extended stay hotels. It included a wet bar with microwave and fridge. A living area with a comfortable sofa bed, and a very large wood paneled desk in the center of the room. This room was on a corner and had plenty of light from the three windows facing two directions, including one overlooking the runway at SEA-TAC.

I travel to Seattle 3-4 times per year and normally stay at the DoubleTree Airport the night before my departure, but not anymore. This Hampton Inn provides a larger room, more friendly staff and a much lower cost. The Hampton Shuttle is equal to the DoubleTree, so it is a no brainer. Next time I'm in Seattle, I'll be staying here!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Justin S, General Manager at Hampton Inn and Suites Seattle-Airport/28th Ave, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
It is the best thing to hear that we are the best Hampton. It is even better to hear that we are equal to the DoubleTree. Thank you for those comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Shepherdstown, West Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for one night before our early flight out. We took the light rail to the airport and called the hotel from one of the kiosks in the arrivals area. The bus was there in a jiffy! The front desk staff were all very friendly, and advised us on what time to catch the shuttle. The room was a nice size, and exceptionally clean. We spent the eveining in our room watching TV, as my wife was hurting from a fall she had earlier in the day (we did make good use of the ice machine down the hall!). The bed was very comfortable, and the air conditioner was quiet - making for a good night's sleep. They put breakfast out nice and early - we didn't have time to sit, but I did throw a few hard-boiled eggs and some muffins in a bag. The shuttle left right on time for the quick trip to the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to sit and enjoy our breakfast. We start our breakfast earlier than most hotels at 5am on weekdays and 6 am on weekends. I'm sorry to hear about your wife's injury. I hope she is better now. Thank you for staying with us.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed at the Hampton Inn for one night after a late flight into Seattle. The hotel was new and the rooms were very clean and comfortable. Standard Hampton Inn breakfast fare but a nicer (and larger) seating area than most. Staff was friendly and the shuttle to/from the airport was convenient. The only issue I experienced was my reservation being marked as no show after my delayed flight (even though I called to let them know beforehand) and subsequently, being charged twice for my stay. This was worked out with a quick phone call and was taken care of right away.

• Stayed July 2013
I'm so sorry for the billing error. It sounds like we fixed our mistake. We will use this opportunity to better our services. Thank you for letting us know.
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Nice new hotel for fairly cheap price. Staff friendly (and pretty too) and room clean with free parking. I left before breakfast was available so I can't rate it. I had a king suite with couch, microwave and fridge (not sure how I manage to pull that one off) and it was overall very nice. If you want of view you might want to go somewhere else but if you want a nice hotel at a good price staying here is a great option.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
You probably had a complimentary upgrade for being a Diamond member for HHonors. I recommend everyone to join the free membership to acrue points and airline miles. We are happy to hear that you enjoy the suite room.
Vail, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My wife and I will almost always stay at a Hampton Inn if given the choice, and it's on my preferred list of hotels when traveling for business. Generally speaking, Hampton Inns are clean, comfortable, and predictable.

We spent three nights at this hotel pre-cruise, and agree with other reviewers that it's a good value for the money considering the outrageous prices for hotels downtown. The rooms are new, smell and look clean, the breakfast area in the lobby is spacious, and the hotel offers free shuttle service to the light rail link and a few restaurants in the immediate area. Downsides are no refrigerator and microwave in the standard guest rooms -- we're used to that amenity in a Hampton Inn and missed it.

Overall, my wife and I highly recommend this hotel as a reasonable alternative to the expensive ones downtown. It takes about 30 minutes and $2.50 to get downtown on the light rail, which is convenient and cost-effective.

On the breakfast: it's strictly Hampton Inn usual fare. If you've stayed at a Hampton Inn anywhere else, you'll recognize the food: scrambled eggs that have the consistency of having been powdered at one point, little cheese omelets produced by a big machine in a factory (Sysco, probably) and then packaged for warming up, and the usual assortment of juices and muffins, as well as the obligatory waffle machine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
It means a great deal to be compared to other Hampton Inns from someone who stays at Hampton Inns at other locations. We do not have refrigerators and microwaves in our standard room but all of our suites have them. Thank you for sharing the info about lightrail.
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We had an extremely pleasant stay at this hotel during our four night visit in the Seattle area. Our junior suite was very comfortable, exceptionally clean, and the bed was outstanding for a great night's sleep. Complimentary WiFi was appreciated. The location was perfect for our purposes and convenient to getting downtown as well as visiting Mount Rainier. Shuttle service was also reasonable and perfect for getting to the pier for our cruise to Alaska. Only some small negatives that would not prevent a return stay or our recommendations: no bathmat in the tub, had to request extra towels a couple of times, breakfast area was very full and hard to find seating three of our four mornings, and there is no in-room combination-lock safe to protect belongings. We highly recommend this Hampton!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We appreciate the compliments and the negatives. Negatives give us the opportunity to better ourselves. We are one of the largest Hampton Inns and therefore we built one of the largest lobby. I'm sorry to hear that you didn't have seating. We don't have safes in the guestrooms but we do have safety boxes available at the front desk. We will continue to improve our hotel with comments given to us. Thank you.
Churchville, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed here the night before our flight back home. You can't get much closer the airport than this property. Free shuttle took less than 10 minutes door to door.

Our room was very clean, fresh, modern and comfortable with all of the amenities we needed during our stay. The beds were very comfortable and made for a great nights sleep. Note: This property is literally at the end of one of the airport run ways. There are some concerns on here about noise which is probably true if your room is in the front of the hotel. We had a room in the back and never heard any plane noise.

The staff was very helpful and friendly. There is a nice in-door pool which was very clean. Complimentary breakfast was average. On our only day there, there were no meat items, though she said they wee served on Thursdays.

The pc's in the business center are REALLY SLOW! It took 15 minutes to download and print our boarding passes. The hotel is short walk to Dave's Diner which I recommend I you take your rental car back early or don't have a vehicle at the hotel.

Overall, this is a great value if you need a room near the airport and I highly recommend staying at this property.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back of the hotel for a quiet stay.